Gears of War 2

really looking fwd to this one, they better raise the bar.. cuz thats what im expecting.

Will Gears Of War 2 let signed in guest use a head set online unlike the first one ?

Gears of War 2 Collectors Edition Revealed

gow2.jpg

Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2,” a 48-page hardbound book including character profiles, exclusive concept art, and foreword by Design Director Cliff Bleszinski

A Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, “Rendezvous”

A Dominic and Maria Keepsake Photo

A Exclusive Xbox LIVE code to unlock a gold-plated Lancer Assault Rifle for online play

All in a Steel book DVD cas

gow2.jpg

Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2,” a 48-page hardbound book including character profiles, exclusive concept art, and foreword by Design Director Cliff Bleszinski

A Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, “Rendezvous”

A Exclusive Xbox LIVE code to unlock a gold-plated Lancer Assault Rifle for online play

Awesome...especially the whole 'Gold-plated Lancer'

May have to pick up this limited edition version

i cannot ****in wait for this game

I'm definatley picking up the limited edition, you get so much more and only for ten dollars.

If you can use grubs as shields in this game I am going explode!

gow2.jpg

I think I'll get that version, Will it come with gamerpics and themes you can only get with this version?

For some reason, it's not worth the 10 bucks, imo.

And I think the code for the lancer is only given if you preorder a month before.

^Yeah, I'm with you.

That doesn't look like it's worth ten extra dollars at all.

Are you being sarcastic? I am allowed to have an opinion, you know - to me, a little picture and promotional videos that I can get for free from Xbox Live isn't for 10 dollars to me.

Gears of War 2 Features 'Linked Achievements' with First Game

Cliff Bleszinski sure seems to know his audience. At a special Xbox 360 creators panel at Comic-Con this weekend, Bleszinski announced that players who have completed certain Achievement-based challenges in Gears Of War will unlock special stuff in Gears of Wars 2. Epic is titling these backward-looking bonuses "linked achievements."

Belszinski provided a few examples of these linked achievements (via Kotaku). Check out what we've got so far (warning: light spoilers):

* "Complete Act One in Gears Of War, unlock a playable Anthony Carmine in Gears of War 2.
* "Find 10 COG tags in Gears Of War, unlock Minh Young Kim in Gears of War 2.
* "Kill Raam in Gears Of War, unlock a playable Raam in Gears of War 2."

It's a little unclear at this point if unlocked characters will be playable in single player, multiplayer, or both, but whatever ends up being the case, it's a nice added bonus for faithful Gearheads.

We've seen similar bonuses for playing multiple games in a series all the way back to Suikoden on the PlayStation and Baldur's Gate on the PC. These unlocks serve as a thanks to hardcore fans and sometimes entice completists and the curious to venture back to an earlier title they may not have touched. On the other hand, is there anybody planning to buy Gears of War 2 who hasn't played the first one?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169029

Gears of War 2 Features 'Linked Achievements' with First Game

Cliff Bleszinski sure seems to know his audience. At a special Xbox 360 creators panel at Comic-Con this weekend, Bleszinski announced that players who have completed certain Achievement-based challenges in Gears Of War will unlock special stuff in Gears of Wars 2. Epic is titling these backward-looking bonuses "linked achievements."

Belszinski provided a few examples of these linked achievements (via Kotaku). Check out what we've got so far (warning: light spoilers):

* "Complete Act One in Gears Of War, unlock a playable Anthony Carmine in Gears of War 2.
* "Find 10 COG tags in Gears Of War, unlock Minh Young Kim in Gears of War 2.
* "Kill Raam in Gears Of War, unlock a playable Raam in Gears of War 2."

It's a little unclear at this point if unlocked characters will be playable in single player, multiplayer, or both, but whatever ends up being the case, it's a nice added bonus for faithful Gearheads.

We've seen similar bonuses for playing multiple games in a series all the way back to Suikoden on the PlayStation and Baldur's Gate on the PC. These unlocks serve as a thanks to hardcore fans and sometimes entice completists and the curious to venture back to an earlier title they may not have touched. On the other hand, is there anybody planning to buy Gears of War 2 who hasn't played the first one?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169029
That's kind of cool. I wonder if this is what Cliffy meant when he said that Carmine would be in Gears 2.

I believe it's Carmine's brother, or something.

^Yeah, it seems I've read that somewhere as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"