Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Solo: A Star Wars Story. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I don't disagree that making this movie was a lame move. It's probably going to be an extremely vanilla, by the books story. Star Wars fans will find some comfort in seeing Star Destroyers again and witnessing events that were throwaway lines in the original trilogy, but that's about it. Of course I hope the movie proves me wrong.

And that's the sad part. SW deserves better than any of this. But as long as it has all these things, it's better by virtue of having things that remind us of good SW movies, which somehow makes it a good SW movie, instead of just being a great movie. Not that they don't try, it's just they depend on these things to seem to think it's what makes a good SW movie. A Han Solo movie is emblematic of their thinking. Brand recognition and things we know, despite the inherently terrible idea. It's making SW incredibly limited. I don't know about you, but when I think of SW, I don't just think of SW mutually exclusive with what we've already seen. It's like that's all they think SW can be about.

It won't prove us wrong. This is the fourth film in this plan. We know exactly what we're getting. Why would they possibly change how they make these things when it's made so much money? There's gonna come a point when their plans fail and people see through it and it could be this one or not. Who knows? All I know is that SW is just a brand that reinforces itself now. They're not movies.

So i read somewhere that Tag and Bink are in this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back