Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Solo: A Star Wars Story. - Part 3

Good point about Aquaman, even Bumblebee has done quietly well, but I think one or both of them would have moved away from a Star Wars movie.

Got this for Christmas. Love this movie. Watched it twice over a couple days. My rating goes to 8/10 now.

So disappointed they didn’t go with the original Maul voice. They even had him recorded!

Yeah seems a bit strange as the original voice was pretty damn good.

Then again anyone that has heard Maul in anything other than Ep1 was listening to Witwer, he is who people have heard in all of the TV shows, in video games, etc. For many Sam Witwer's version of Maul is the one they know.
While I am a fan of Peter Serafinowicz's work his work on Maul was all of two lines.

I’m a movie fan so the movies will always be my go-to. I just find it strange, since they even bothered to get him to record the lines. It would have made it more impactful IMO.

Aw well. I’m sure most people don’t even notice.

Everyone's demanding they do more with Maul (who we know the fate of) and Qi-ra (the boringest Star Wars character ever), but I'm sitting here wondering when they'll give Enfys Nest and her gang a spinoff show. Seriously, that would be really cool. I was lukewarm on her character at first, but she's grown into one of the highlights of the movie for me. One of the few characters from this new era that (in my opinion) would actually be interesting to see more of. The actress is basically an unknown, so it wouldn't cost a fortune.

As much as I like Cassian, K-2SO, and Rogue One, I can't say I'm hugely hyped for his show. I'm sure it will be cool and all, but we know what ultimately becomes of him. A show leading up to that just doesn't sound horribly interesting. I'd rather see him as a reoccurring role in someone else's show. There's such an open area with Enfys Nest's gang, we have no idea what becomes of them. They could set it after the events of Solo, and literally do anything, without being hamstrung at all (unless they've covered that in a novel or something).

Why is #MakeSolo2Happen trending? Do fans not realize Solo was not only a flop, but is considered one of the worst flops of all time? They literally scrapped all future "Star Wars Story" movies because of how poor the box-office was. The very concept of a sequel is doomed.

I rewatched Solo about a week ago, and actually found myself enjoying it more than the first two times. It's definitely my second favorite of the Disney-era movies, after Rogue One (which doesn't mean I love it, but I think it's...fine). But a sequel absolutely should not happen. If they make Solo 2 (which they won't), Lucasfilm likely will have to cut back even more. Do fans want Star Wars movies to continue flopping?

The funny thing is, on a creative level, we don't even need a sequel. We know what happens. Han goes to work for Jabba, probably dropping his cargo and getting a reward put on his head, which leads us to where we pick up in ANH. We don't need a movie for that. Darth Maul goes to Tatooine and gets killed by Obi-Wan. The only thing left open is what happens to Qi-ra, which probably wouldn't be part of a sequel anyway, since she's not part of Han's life anymore. Her story can be told elsewhere. As I said in the above post, I'd enjoy seeing more of Enfys Nest's story. Or young Lando's. But definitely not in a doomed Solo sequel.

I hate when people blame BO numbers on Solo’s failure. When in fact it was Disney’s and Disney’s alone. They chose the first set of directors, then fired damn near at the finish line and then invested a whole another film’s budget to “fix” it.

Solo is good, and audiences turned out as best as they could for a prequel that had huge script/production issues.

I’ll be honest And say if they made a Solo 2 I would be over the ****ing moon, the movie is damn fun and certainly better than TLJ for me.

I hate when people blame BO numbers on Solo’s failure. When in fact it was Disney’s and Disney’s alone. They chose the first set of directors, then fired damn near at the finish line and then invested a whole another film’s budget to “fix” it.

Solo is good, and audiences turned out as best as they could for a prequel that had huge script/production issues.

There were definitely production problems that had a hand in Solo flopping (as well as marketing problems, apparently), but I also don't think there was enough demand for a movie about young Han Solo. Especially after seeing Harrison Ford's Han Solo only a few years before. If Solo had become some kind of sleeper hit or cult favorite, it might justify a sequel. But as it is, it would be a huge risk. Especially since there are plenty of other, more potentially profitable projects to move ahead with. I don't think making a sequel to a flop is going to be a high priority of theirs, no matter whose fault it was.

The only thing I'd be interested in is if they continued the Han/Qi'Ra story. I actually love that relationship and would have liked to see where that could have gone. Where Qi'Ra would have been and where Han would have encountered her again and how much she changed. But that curiosity doesn't outweigh my relief that there won't be another movie, because it would probably have devolved into fan service, the thing I feared this movie would be.

I'd be down to see stories from that era.

*Would like a prequel story about Woody Harrelsons crew.
*The continued rise to power of Emilia Clarkes character.
*Enfys Nest and her crew are basically the A Team of space. I'd watch a movie based on there missions.

As for Solo, I would rather NOT see him or Lando. Maybe they can make a cameo, but lets not go there again.

With GOT ending and Solo sequels nixed...

Give us a Q’ira/Crimson Dawn/Maul Disney+ show.

Solo's and Qira's story have more of a chance of continuing as a Disney+ show. Or in books or comics. I think a movie is out of the question.

A Disney + show based on an intergalactic gangwar between Crimson Dawn/Pykes/Hutts would be something I’d be very down for.

Hot Toys Darth Maul.

pSn8gTf.jpg

fSCYMsj.jpg

D6thYGI.jpg

I think it would at least make sense for Ehrenreich to reprise the role in the Lando series but we're nearly at the point where Alden's older than Harrison Ford was when he first played Han.

Duh! This is why I don’t trust Kennedy to steer this ship. There’s a difference between Feige who receives criticism for earlier Marvel films and incorporates that, to some extent, in future projects. Kennedy seems entirely reactive and just tries getting the biggest names attached to projects that clearly aren’t fully realized which is why we’re seeing a consistency in directors dropping out or projects being abandoned or delayed.

After reading that Vanity Fair article, it seems that Kathleen Kennedy has finally seen all the screwups that occurred with her Star Wars projects and has finally learned what not to do. She even low key admitted that the sequel trilogy was not good

If the options are new actor doing their take at performing an iconic character or stilted CG creations with emotionless robot voices, I will take the former every time. What really makes a character isn't a look or a sound effect, it's a performance, and that's what's lacking in the current monstrosity that is Luke. I liked Alden in the role, but I can understand other people didn't and you know okay fair enough. We all have our opinions. But I think the answer to that is just cast someone else if you don't like the performance, not emotionless robot people.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"