Solo General News/Discussion Thread-Solo: A Star Wars Story. - Part 3

zwZYE6F.jpg

Is it just me or is Alden's head way too big in that poster?

I think it's perspective thing since Chewie and Quira's images take up space where the torso would be.

Yeah, with the suit you have to wonder if a reference towards Concord Dawn.

BTW... am I the only one who's wondering if Enfys is actually Qu'ra?
Nope. First thing I said after they revealed she is a woman. :hehe:

Haha, good call on the Die Hard reference! :yay: Had forgotten that was one of the name-drops.

Doubt it's intentional, it's a pretty generic-sounding "extremist *****es trying to sound scary" type of group name, but funny nonetheless.

Are you comparing it to the other heads in the poster?:o

No, I'm comparing it to the position of his forearm and shoulder. I know as the star Alden's image would be the largest on the poster but it looks like they adjusted the proportion trying to fit everything into the frame. His arm's too small in relation to his head, at least that's how it looks to me. Not a major deal, just an observation.

I'm really rooting for this movie... not only because I think it looks like a blast (no pun intended) but also because I feel like the Internet Hate Machine® just had it out for this film from the get-go because people were so against the idea of Solo being recast. And I feel like the director shakeup midway though and the various rumors that came about as a result just added fuel to the fire. And hey, it might end up being a trainwreck (again, no pun intended), but I just get annoyed whenever I hear anyone acting like it's an absolute certainty that a movie will be awful even before a still picture is released.

I'm really rooting for this movie... not only because I think it looks like a blast (no pun intended) but also because I feel like the Internet Hate Machine® just had it out for this film from the get-go because people were so against the idea of Solo being recast. And I feel like the director shakeup midway though and the various rumors that came about as a result just added fuel to the fire. And hey, it might end up being a trainwreck (again, no pun intended), but I just get annoyed whenever I hear anyone acting like it's an absolute certainty that a movie will be awful even before a still picture is released.

To be fair, if they announced a Zack Snyder JL2 tomorrow, wouldn't you have some reservations about it?

Obviously. But I feel like at least with something like that, there's ample evidence to think it would suck. So far, the Disney/Lucasfilm pairing has produced three films that were all critically and financially successful, and while some fans haven't liked them, I still think more audiences liked the movies than disliked them. And Ron Howard is a good director.

I really hope this movie will not do as good. And the only reason for this is that i don't want to see another recast. This should be the only experiment.

They could have just done the Obi-Wan movie. A recast that was successfull because there was such a large timespan between TPM and ANH. And Ewan McGregor with a beard got a similer look to Sir Alec Guiness. It was believeable.

Still i will get tickets for the midnight premier for me and my father. It is a tradition for us to watch Star Wars movies that way since TFA. Currently we are both 2:1 on the movies we liked and disliked. I hope the story is good and that we enjoy the movie but i do hope it flops finacially.

I really hope this movie will not do as good. And the only reason for this is that i don't want to see another recast. This should be the only experiment.

Whaaa. Whaaa.

For all we know, this won't be the only Han movie featuring Ehrenreich.

They could have just done the Obi-Wan movie. A recast that was successfull because there was such a large timespan between TPM and ANH. And Ewan McGregor with a beard got a similer look to Sir Alec Guiness. It was believeable.

Still i will get tickets for the midnight premier for me and my father. It is a tradition for us to watch Star Wars movies that way since TFA. Currently we are both 2:1 on the movies we liked and disliked. I hope the story is good and that we enjoy the movie but i do hope it flops finacially.

Well that’s nice. Glad you hope it flops financially while you purchase your midnight premiere tickets :whatever: Some fans, just wow.

Enfys Nest is supposedly a man.

5z2452voq0t01.jpg

Also, Ron Howard posted a picture on Twitter that shows Clint Howard in the film.

DbQjgvdV0AE4HD5

And:

[Yt]Z7e7Y1bZUuw[/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Well to be fair, this isn't the first time a film with a troubled production is proclaimed to be doomed before its release. The media has also been pretty hard on the film because of the production, so its not as if its just fanboys and the internet.

The film basically has three things its dealing with. One is a fanbase still divided over TLJ which has played a lot into the fan reaction to Solo, Two is negative press , and three, is the resistance to recasting Han in general.

The good news for those "rooting for the film", is that the bar has been set so low even if the film just steps over it , it'll be considered a win. If the film is at worst polarizing that will be a win given the current expectations.

I'm not rooting for it or hoping it fails. I'm gonna go in and see what happens. If I like it , I won't be shy about it. If I don't like it, I'm not gonna sugar coat it.

Was someone else cast in this before Ehrenreich? Why all this talk about recasting, I don't understand as I thought he was the one cast from the get-go.

Was someone else cast in this before Ehrenreich? Why all this talk about recasting, I don't understand as I thought he was the one cast from the get-go.

Recasting in terms of Harrison Ford to Ehrenreich. Yeah, Ehrenreich was the only one signed to play a younger Han , but the problem is, we've only ever had one actor in the Han role in general since 1977, so its hard for people to see anyone else in that role which is so closely identified with Ford.

Its not like Bond or Batman which has been recast several times over the decades. Hence, people aren't used to the idea of someone else other than Ford playing Han Solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"