Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't make sense to have Wedge or Biggs in this and a recast would be distracting. Makes more sense Genevieve O'Reilly is in this as Mon Mothma because Mon doesn't show up till 4 years later in "ROTJ."
You know what recasting would be distracting? Mon Mothma and Han Solo. I doubt they ever do that. :o

The Rebel base in this movie is on Yavin 4. The same base from Star Wars. The base where Wedge and Biggs are stationed. So how would it not make sense for them to be there exactly?

Speaking of characters who would logically be around during the events of this movie, I wonder if we'll get any reference at all to Grand Moff Tarkin?

Speaking of characters who would logically be around during the events of this movie, I wonder if we'll get any reference at all to Grand Moff Tarkin?
This has been a question that has been talked about since we knew what the movie is about, and it seems no one still has any idea. There were a lot of rumors during filming, including some CGI wizardry. I would love to see Tarkin. There is no one I associate more with the Death Star then Tarkin.

Me too. Even if it's just a brief shot of him.

Could be some Ant-Man/Civil War type of CGI wizardry involved. That looked great.

You know what recasting would be distracting? Mon Mothma and Han Solo. I doubt they ever do that. :o

The Rebel base in this movie is on Yavin 4. The same base from Star Wars. The base where Wedge and Biggs are stationed. So how would it not make sense for them to be there exactly?

If they can get someone who looks exactly like those actors... by all means do it, but Mon is a little less of a distraction because we don't see her till "ROTJ." If you have this film which leads into a "A NEW HOPE" and you have two guys supposed to be Wedge and Biggs... they'd stick out like sore thumbs. Unless, of course, they look identical to those actors. With Mon, she looks sort of like Caroline and they say war and politics can age a person. So, her to go from that youthful look to suddenly Caroline's look in "ROTJ" makes a little more sense to me.

Last edited:
Some people are actually speculating that the guy seen at 1:20 of the trailer - he's walking towards what seems to be Krennic - could be Tarkin.

I thought that was Krennic walking. ::goes back to watch trailer::

If they can get someone who looks exactly like those actors... by all means do it, but Mon is a little less of a distraction because we don't see her till "ROTJ." If you have this film which leads into a "A NEW HOPE" and you have two guys supposed to be Wedge and Biggs... they'd stick out like sore thumbs. Unless, of course, they look identical to those actors. With Mon, she looks sort of like Caroline and they say war and politics can age a person. So, her to go from that youthful look to suddenly Caroline's look in "ROTJ" makes a little more sense to me.
Well aren't you in for a shock...

tumblr_oal7c5OnJs1v85st9o1_500.gif

it could be Grand Admiral Thrawn from Star Wars Rebels, since he is in a white outfit in the show
Thrawn is blue and doesn't have gray hair. More to the point, we have already sene other shots of Krennic in that room, and the guy walking towards Krennic isn't wearing Krennic's outfit.

Ventress is alive and Darth Maul is Snoke. Who is also Ezra. Who is being played by Benecio Del Toro. Wielding Darth Plagueis' staff. Made from the wood of a Force Tree.

Ventress is alive and Darth Maul is Snoke. Who is also Ezra. Who is being played by Benecio Del Toro. Wielding Darth Plagueis' staff. Made from the wood of a Force Tree.

Sounds legit.

Does anyone have an HD shot of Vader from the trailer?

Beautiful.

Hope we get to see him ignite the lightsaber at least once.

Beautiful.

Hope we get to see him ignite the lightsaber at least once.
I don't think anything could let me down with this movie more if Vader doesn't mess some people up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"