Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people just worry about Rogue One, because they feel it's the start of Disney making the Star Wars franchise feel less and less scarce since they want it only be Skylwalker saga and not other things, which is why I think many outlets of the media are trying to go against EW with their stories of the reshoots to bring down Rogue One, which sounds similar to another real-life event someone claims is rigged against him. Also, I think they don't know if they wanna see another Star Wars prequel since they know what happens. But, I do hope that this movie will end the usage of the term of prequels being thought of as a bad thing.

So do I. Star wars as a whole is a big universe and to me there is more to sw than the Skywalker legacy alone. I want to see an expanded universe that is all over and introduces fresh faces and stories that could be told to such lengths and be much more in depth of understanding that galaxy far far away.

So do I. Star wars as a whole is a big universe and to me there is more to sw than the Skywalker legacy alone. I want to see an expanded universe that is all over and introduces fresh faces and stories that could be told to such lengths and be much more in depth of understanding that galaxy far far away.

There are probably thousands of stories they can tell. So excited to see where they head with this universe in the coming years.

I think people just worry about Rogue One, because they feel it's the start of Disney making the Star Wars franchise feel less and less scarce since they want it only be Skylwalker saga and not other things, which is why I think many outlets of the media are trying to go against EW with their stories of the reshoots to bring down Rogue One, which sounds similar to another real-life event someone claims is rigged against him. Also, I think they don't know if they wanna see another Star Wars prequel since they know what happens. But, I do hope that this movie will end the usage of the term of prequels being thought of as a bad thing.
This is not a thing. People are simply worried about it getting worn out, while others are just internet trolls as with all thing.. Anyways, the main saga belongs to the Skywalkers, as it should be.

That sounds nice, but Kenobi first. :o

My #1 request is a couple of Vader movies based on the comic.

You guys think they've ixnayed the idea of a Fett movie?

Kathy all but confirmed it was the 2020 movie, but I guess they could move it back.

I'll be glad when they feel comfortable enough to really go outside the box. Not that Young Han Solo or the possible Obi-Wan film doesn't interest me, but when they go beyond using the established characters or well-known events is when I'll be the most curious.

Think we'll ever see a SW film with a droid/alien lead instead of a human?

Everntually R2 will get his own film with him as the lead. He's the true hero of the saga.:o

I personally don't think so.

Which is a shame because I want my Bib Fortuna movie, and I want it now.

Well this is SW, they are all aliens or droids. :cwink:

More seriously, yeah, I think we will see it. The Yoda movie will eventually happen.

Revan. Thrawn..

If they bring back certain characters from the old EU...Mara Jade pls.

I'll be glad when they feel comfortable enough to really go outside the box.
To go really outside "the box".
We need to get to know more about this character, his motives, family, dreams?
Captured by the Jawas, tortured at Jabba's palace, running around with the Rebels?
What makes this guy go?
Now that's a movie!

GONK%20poster%20Box.jpg

Last edited:
I do hope Rogue One is able to devenomize what we've come to see with prequels and puts an end to the term of prequels being used as an epithet.

Also, it will be interesting to see after Rogue One comes out who was right about the reshoots and whether it was Hollywood Reporter or Entertainment Weekly. On one hand, Hollywood Reporter stands by what they're saying, while on the other hand Breznican of EW stands by what he learned from the studio and believes Hollywood Reporter is just speculating what NY Post's Page Six said. So, I do wonder if the media just wants to bring down Rogue One, kinda similar to how a certain someone believes and election is rigged against him by the media.

I'm guessing the structure on Scarif is an Imperial base? Looks really cool.

To go really outside "the box".
We need to get to know more about this character, his motives, family, dreams?
Captured by the Jawas, tortured at Jabba's palace, running around with the Rebels?
What makes this guy go?
Now that's a movie!

GONK%20poster%20Box.jpg

tumblr_n83j06xJFy1qeybv0o8_250.gif

^ LOL I thought it was funny! ;)

TX85 said:
1ckj3m.gif

There hasn't been an action shot of cassian on his own except this trailer where he gets shot at as he takes cover.

I really hope he gets a shining moment on his own!
Obviously you're a Cassian fan, I believe this is him too!
Other than the gunfire and the X-Wing plummeting out of the sky and exploding behind him, he appears to be alone in this shot, running through the canyon.
To what ends ...?

1ckkel.gif

YHRl1Ss.jpg

But I think his whole role is being the guy who: tries to hold the group together
Hence the "Make ten men feel like a hundred" line.

Last edited:

Just you wait. There is going to be an R2 film. A Chopper film. And a Gonk film. Followed by a droid team-up film where they fight to save the galaxy from 000 and BT-1. Its gonna be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"