Rogue One General Rogue One News/Speculation/SPOILER Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the money, I'm no super expert on box office returns, but I think it's stupid that anyone would think Rogue One would make what The Force Awakens did. Even if it's really good I think it will at max get 1.5 billion but I'm guessing more like 1 billion. THR is starting to slip in my opinion they add a lot of "guess work" into their articles anymore. I don't think they will blame any of this on Jones, they would be foolish to think that she's that big of a draw yet and I don't think that's why they picked her they picked her because she's really good at her craft. I truly don't think anyone will pin it on her. I really don't think they should pin it on anyone. Star Wars will be the selling point on this.

As for Jason, I do like him, got to chat with him a little bit before. Nice guy and has tons of connections And has had a solid record, but he has been wrong a handful of times on some bigger things.He's at odds with Anthony in terms of what has been changed and what many think the changes actually were about. To change the tone of a film you need to fundamentally pretty much re-film the entire movie. Jason was wrong about a lot of the Rogue One shoots already. He said McQuarrie was behind all of this, when that was 100% false. Anthony revealed it was Gilroy first. Not that it's a slam on Jason but I will say with these Rogue One shoots I think he's making more guess work off of others. Anthony has been more "correct" on this situation then anyone it seems. Or at least more involved.

Regardless of all that I hope that they were able to make the film great. They would not have done this re-shoots if they thought it wasn't necessary.

The problem with Ward is he loves to look on the "bright side", the entire time. There is an inherent bias he has. We all have it as Star Wars fans, but he takes it to another level. It is why he defends the prequels like he does. Not just liking them, but insulting those that don't.

I really hope Vader goes on a slaughter rampage in this movie. It is a war movie after all.

...lower your expectations you must... - Master Yoda

Lols. I'm not expecting much more from this film. I'll reserve my judgment until I see it. It's a start of these anthology films so at this point, the answer to whether or not it will be good remains floating in thin air...

I honestly can say that I am excited and nervous but December can't get here fast enough lol

The problem with Ward is he loves to look on the "bright side", the entire time. There is an inherent bias he has. We all have it as Star Wars fans, but he takes it to another level. It is why he defends the prequels like he does. Not just liking them, but insulting those that don't.

Yep, sadly a lot of super fan sites do this. There are the extremes on each side, the pretentious film goer side and the over the top fanboy side.

I don't think Disney will let that happen.

This is not a "Disney" thing. They have already had some tense scenes in TFA. But no matter what there is a limit that Star Wars can go. That's not a Disney thing it's a Star Wars thing. And you can go too far. But showing people taken out by lightsabers, you could frame/edit that just fine. I'm sure we will see him take some folks out.

Oh for the love of all that is holy...Star Wars has never been a gritty R rated franchise and it never ever will be.

Breznican talked about the reshoots on the Full of Sith podcast. He was told the reason for the reshoots is because the studio looked at an early cut and decided that the emotional connection to the characters was lacking.

Breznican talked about the reshoots on the Full of Sith podcast. He was told the reason for the reshoots is because the studio looked at an early cut and decided that the emotional connection to the characters was lacking.
And then they started adding a lot more Galen I suspect.

Did they actually watch the director's previous movies before hiring him? That's kind of his thing.

For all of JJ Abrams faults he is a character focused filmmaker and that's why I am a fan. Second unit can handle big visual effects scenes but it's pretty damn hard to teach a director how to have heart and decent characterizations in his/her films.

Last edited:
I am shocked. Gareth fumbling the human element? No ways.

For all of JJ Abrams faults he is a character focused filmmaker and that's why I am a fan. Second unit can handle big visual effects scenes but it's pretty damn hard to teach a director how to have heart and decent characterizations in his/her films.
My boy JJ has no faults. :o

In all seriousness a movie can live through a lot when you know how to make people care about the character. I love me some lightsabers, X-wings and mechnical breathing. But it is Luke, Rey, Leia, Han, Chewie, Finn, Kylo, Vader, R2, and others who make me love Star Wars.

I am shocked. Gareth fumbling the human element? No ways.
source.gif

Did they actually watch the director's previous movies before hiring him? That's kind of his thing.

I still think Garett's vision of a war movie will come to fruition with Rogue One, but, I just think the characters need time to develop as well as they fight te Empire they're desperate to weaken.

In all seriousness a movie can live through a lot when you know how to make people care about the character. I love me some lightsabers, X-wings and mechnical breathing. But it is Luke, Rey, Leia, Han, Chewie, Finn, Kylo, Vader, R2, and others who make me love Star Wars.
There is no doubt that Star Wars has survived as long as it has because of its memorable characters. Hell that's why Marvel is killing it as well.

Lets just hope the reshoots have been able to balance that along with making sure Gareth's vision of making Rogue One a war movie works.

Lets just hope the reshoots have been able to balance that along with making sure Gareth's vision of making Rogue One a war movie works.
The "war movie" thing isn't his vision. It came with the concept that Knoll came up with. They hired Edwards because they wanted that feel, not the other way around.

There is no doubt that Star Wars has survived as long as it has because of its memorable characters. Hell that's why Marvel is killing it as well.
Survived? You mean thrived. :woot:

And yep, I get excited for Marvel flicks because I get to see these characters I have grown to love on the big screen. Evans Cap is one of my favorite film characters.

Yeah that podcast with Anthony is what we were talking about last page. Yes the whole "War movie" thing has gotten out of hands of some BvS fans lashing out at any studio that is not Warner Brothers calling everything else, "bland", "dumbed down" or "kiddie friendly". This was never about tone, it was about what so many of us have said was Edwards problem, characters. And it seems like they added a lot more, so I hope it works.

Last edited:
Disney will be doing all they can to make sure that the film works, this one is a gamble for them which will determine if they keep trying to make more of these type of Star Wars film. I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes they have had people like JJ give the film a look for areas that could be improved.

Survived? You mean thrived. :woot:

And yep, I get excited for Marvel flicks because I get to see these characters I have grown to love on the big screen. Evans Cap is one of my favorite film characters.
Yep, thrived would be a better word.

Evans Cap is amazing when Joss Whedon isn't handling him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"