Ghost Rider bumped to Feb of 2007 (Release Date Thread)

August huh? oh well...at least its the 1st week in Aug.
have to admit im suprised that it gonna be that late in the season...would have expected it to be in July. hope this doesnt mean they think GR will underperform at the theater.
who knows...maybe as time goes on and Sony feels its safe they can move it up a week or two. we will see...

It was weird that coming soon posted it on the page before (or at least at the same time) as reporting it as official... which now has happened by the news on the front page
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ghostridernews.php?id=2729

August eh? Strange considering recent reports were late spring/early summer. I dont' mind either way... though that extra month or two is gonna be hell. One good thing about it is the amount of extra time they'll have in post production... or maybe they'll let the actual production time last longer. Who knows.

nothing wrong with august 7th, except that it's 2006 and not 2005.
july 29th is my birthday, so i can see Ghost Rider as my birthday present!
ole`! :)

August 4th, 2006...marking it on my calender right now...hehe...:)

I'll also have a B-Day movie... Hopefully it's not R, cuz then my friends can't come! I can watch it though!

Wow....I was disappointed when I just thought it might be released early Summer. :(

my birthdays june 6, i can hav it as a present too....

If it's still in theatres by October 13th, I'll be celbrating my birthday by seeing the movie for the 600th time.

FlameHead said:
If it's still in theatres by October 13th, I'll be celbrating my birthday by seeing the movie for the 600th time.

heh...ill already be on my 789th and 1/2 :p
it would be cool if it was still in theaters in Oct. or maybe bring it back for 2 weeks late in the month to take advantage of Halloween. what better way to celebrate that holiday by going to see Ghost Rider in theaters...that would be a nice touch :up:

Not sure about August. I would have gone with April or May. Ah well.... October would be a great date as well. If that means more time in post i'm all for it.

More post the better, I agree.

I really don't want to wait until August though. That's a hellova long time away. I can't really even image where I'll be then. Crazy.

By the way, the only other movie scheduled for Aug 06 right now is a Tim Allan Comedy entitled Zoom.

MarvelMovies said:
It's been confirmed..

PG-13.

Your friends can come too..

Where did you see that it is going to be a PG-13? Last I knew it was going to be R.
They might up the release date if they get it done ahead of sceduele. It would be fun to have it around Halloween, especial if you have some friends that don't know you have a bike....

crystal_flame6 said:
Where did you see that it is going to be a PG-13? Last I knew it was going to be R.
They might up the release date if they get it done ahead of sceduele. It would be fun to have it around Halloween, especial if you have some friends that don't know you have a bike....

PG13 was announced awhile back...that was the main reason supposedly that Goyer and Norrington left the project back in 2001/2002.

im hoping they move it up to mid July...a really good month for Summer films. its funny that Sony has a kids film called "monster house" (i think) in mid-July...been hoping they could swap the 2 films so that GR would have a few weeks longer in the Summer busy season.

Yeah, it's strange they didn't opt for a more mid summer movie. You're right it would be real nice if they swapped those two. The earlier, the better... without jeopardizing the post production time of course.

I don't care. As long as it comes out, I will be happy. They can always up the release date if they get done earlier.

Thats true... though studios do not like to do those sort of things once they set a release date. It messes with peoples heads.

All I know is that the special effects are going to be amazing if they have over a year of post planned... and that's a good thing. A reall good thing.

They have not release a commercial on TV yet and if they change the date that is the main way to let people know.

True...

It's still 19 months away, so it's really too early to tell what's gonna happen. Plus, it seems that studios are shifting their release dates more and more these days.

Damn 19 months some us better forget about ghost rider for awhile i'd say till october thats a long wait

ive had GR on the brain for about 27 years now...so a measly 19 months is like a walk in the park for me :eek:
as we get closer its gonna be really interesting to see how Sony will promote the film. cant wait to see the theater stand ups and posters....will also need to figure out on how im gonna those things too.

well thats a hard question...as there are lots of movies that are my faves.
i think its possible though it could be my personal favorite comic book movie of all time. it really depends on how it turns out though. if Mark really screws up and makes a crappy movie...worst case scenario it would be one of those guilty pleasures that every one has. a film you know is just awful...but you love it just the same...mistakes and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"