Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Ghost Rider Confirmed!

They can still do it.

I doubt we will get another version. If this version is a hit, they'll want to keep using him. If it's a flop then the property isn't worth it when there's new characters to adapt.

I really wished they saved Ghost Rider for netflix.

I'm hoping Marvel does a Midnight Son movie. Ghost Rider, Blade, Doctor Strange were all members and a movie featuring all those characters could be Marvel's supernatural counterpart of the Avengers.

Love Roberto (Robbie) Reyes...

Also I hope this spins out into it's own Ghost Rider(s) series, featuring multiple characters.

I'm hoping Marvel does a Midnight Son movie. Ghost Rider, Blade, Doctor Strange were all members and a movie featuring all those characters could be Marvel's supernatural counterpart of the Avengers.

Or this^ Although I'd rather that be a legit movie.

But who are we kidding, the star of this will be the car...

SDCC-2016-Ghost-Rider-Car-Agents-of-SHIELD.jpg

Ghost_Rider_Car.jpg

Last edited:
How would including or not including Robbie on AoS change anything about GR's chances on Netflix? Robbie is pretty much completely unrelated to Blaze, Ketch, Zarathos, etc. so all of that will be left untouched.
To me, it tells me that they don't have any current plans for any other Ghost Rider. If they were planning on Ghost Rider appearing in Netflix anytime soon they would of had an embargo on anything related to him and not steal his thunder as a reoccurring character on another show. It could undercut his appearance in films/netflix. Personally I was really hoping he'd be a surprise "final boss" in The Defenders. That would have been epic.

I see them using Robbie for one of three reasons: they'd want to keep the option of classic motorcycle Ghost Rider appearing down the road, Robbie is better for promoting the current comic, or Robbie's character fits better for an ensemble show and the role they want him to play in.

Besides that, with Dr. Strange coming out it seems they was AoS to tackle the supernatural which will be really interesting for the characters.

Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch would work for Netflix or a movie, but I hope Marvel sets a movie or a series in the 1970s or 1990s. The Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider is a product of the 1970s, and that's where it should be set. Same for Danny Ketch's Ghost Rider being in the 1990s, although probably not just in and around Cypress Hill, Brooklyn.

I think this is a great move for the show, GR will add some visual flair to proceedings and take the team in a different direction.

I think using the most recent version makes sense for the younger fanbase and also if they want to keep the more famous GR's for the movies, plus I think it might be easier doing the flaming car effects than the flaming bike for stunt scenes.

Well at least they didn't use the more well-known Ghost Rider. Similar to how none of the Royal Family appeared in this show.

I'm excited to see how they use the Robbie Reyes version of Ghost Rider in the show. At the very least, it'll be very cool to see all of our favorite characters in Coulson's team reacting to their encounters with a magically empowered individual.

anyone else getting a CW Supernatural tv show feel to this?

They said that Ghost Rider will help connect shield to Doctor Strange.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2016/07/2...nnect-shield-to-doctor-strange-comic-con-2016

I sort of see this as a stretch. After all, Agent Carter's second season was apparently supposed to tie into Doctor Strange only by way of the Zero Matter, but it wasn't much of a connection. Feels like a way to try and tie it into Strange here as much as the show tried to tie into Age of Ultron last summer.

Almost all of these tie-ins are only so thematically and not actual story tie-ins.

I might actually watch a few episodes then.

Every time I come back to this show people tell me it's a lot better now than it was the last time I gave up on it, but it never seems to be the case.

So, having learned nothing from my previous experiences, I will line up for my yearly punch to the gut.

The tie-ins to the movies at this point are almost non-existent at this point.

It's not that I expect Tony Stark to show up and walk through the door. But it's just that the worlds don't seem integrated with each other enough.

IE characters of Netflix shows cannot constantly avoid Accords or SHIELD's purview.

It's not Johnny Blaze. PASS!

But who are we kidding, the star of this will be the car...

When did Vin Diesel join AOS?

Still gives me a Vibe of the tv show Supernatual

well, in the sense that: black Muscle Car + Demons + Network TV SFX budget = Supernatural

But this is a 68 Firebird, not a 67 Impala, totally different
psssh... lol

But this is a 68 Firebird, not a 67 Impala, totally different
psssh... lol

It's a 69 Charger ;) And yeah, totally different.:devil:

Last edited:
I hope we see a chase sequence between GR and Coulson in Lola. :D

I just hope whatever they do with GR won't hinder any potential Johny Blaze movie. For the record I don't particularly care for the character but if anyone can make a Ghost Rider movie work, it'd be Marvel.

To me, it tells me that they don't have any current plans for any other Ghost Rider. If they were planning on Ghost Rider appearing in Netflix anytime soon they would of had an embargo on anything related to him and not steal his thunder as a reoccurring character on another show. It could undercut his appearance in films/netflix. Personally I was really hoping he'd be a surprise "final boss" in The Defenders. That would have been epic.

I see them using Robbie for one of three reasons: they'd want to keep the option of classic motorcycle Ghost Rider appearing down the road, Robbie is better for promoting the current comic, or Robbie's character fits better for an ensemble show and the role they want him to play in.

Besides that, with Dr. Strange coming out it seems they was AoS to tackle the supernatural which will be really interesting for the characters.

I disagree. I see him lasting one season with some casual reappearances. Similar arc to Deathlok in season one, and then his occasional one ep appearance's in the following seasons.

I also believe we will never see the classic motorcycle Johnny Blaze in AoS. I'll bet money he'll get the Netflix treatment. I think the introduction of Robbie will serve as a proving ground for the characters popularity. If he is received well then they will fade out his arc on AoS then probably introduce Ketch/Blaze for Netflix.

Also If they are going into a more super natural direction I hope they can write in Elsa Bloodstone. She could carry her own show tbh, but I'll be happy to see her get introduced in AoS.

Still gives me a Vibe of the tv show Supernatual
That's actually how I picture a Ghost Rider to play out, ghost/demons/monster detective.

I hope we see a chase sequence between GR and Coulson in Lola. :D
I hope we see GR drive Lola

I disagree. I see him lasting one season with some casual reappearances. Similar arc to Deathlok in season one, and then his occasional one ep appearance's in the following seasons.

I also believe we will never see the classic motorcycle Johnny Blaze in AoS. I'll bet money he'll get the Netflix treatment. I think the introduction of Robbie will serve as a proving ground for the characters popularity. If he is received well then they will fade out his arc on AoS then probably introduce Ketch/Blaze for Netflix.

Also If they are going into a more super natural direction I hope they can write in Elsa Bloodstone. She could carry her own show tbh, but I'll be happy to see her get introduced in AoS.
I didn't mean down the road for AoS, but down the road for the MCU. Netflix/Movie/Network show/whatever. I think he may last more than one season depend on his reception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"