Deadpool Gina Carano IS Angel Dust

Poor Colossus ain't ever gonna be able to live that move down.

I mean I like Morena, but she's flat as a washboard in that movie, Gina's sporting some D's though and they should have been seen.

Trust me, I know how you feel. I was hoping they'd get highlighted but we lucked out there.

Maybe next time? :D

I'm a Gina fan from waayyy back, can you say " Fight Girls"?

I mean I like Morena, but she's flat as a washboard in that movie, Gina's sporting some D's though and they should have been seen.

The movie went out of its way not only to cover Gina's talents, but also made a joke about it ( you know when Colossus notices she's popped out and tells her about it). Plus, there's something to be said for leaving things to the imagination.

In fact the movie really went out of its way to hide Gina's beauty, by giving her really androgynous outfits and a terrible hairstyle. But she still looked great !

Oh sorry, you guys have well covered that already. :woot:

When she was all nice when Colossus pointed out her wardrobe malfunction I fell in love. Her smile is amazing

Tru dat, Gina's gorgeous and a real-life badass, and a really nice person (if you watch her interviews).

And the badass factor should not be underrated, I rented Haywire, just to see Gina kick the **** out of Michael Fassbender and Channing Tatum.

Uh-oh, some feel the need to criticize her acting talents.

It was a serviceable part. Carano played the henchwoman for Ajax, and that's about it. This is about the height of Carano's career in big movies will be. She will never be a headlining star.

Ummmm she headlined a Steven Soderbergh film is nothing to sneeze at - big or small budget (especially when it has Tatum and Fassbender in it, 2 seriously big stars).

But yeah, let's face it, Gina's not going to win an academy award, but she's also not going to do anything besides badass roles. She's not going to be a Jennifer Lawrence or Uma Thurman - but who cares.

Plus, she dated Superman (or the closest thing at the moment) the girl is just awesome.

There was a point in there somewhere, but it was mostly that Gina is awesome, and part of why I went to see Deadpool (who's not really my favourite cb character) was because she was in it.

Sooooo, go Gina !

Gina-Carano-GQ-3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Always refreshing to see another supporter in our midst. Kudos! :D

I`m not going to lie, wish we got to see her full breast in the movie!

They dubbed some of her lines, you could tell. She had hardly any to begin with anyway. She looked good though, and kicked ash, ha.

100.gif
She was absolutely adorable in the movie and I hope she will be in the next X-men films! She and NTW.
15.gif
Oh man, I think I'm in love with both of them.
3.gif

They left her alive so there's definitely hope for future appearances. Would definitely make me happy. :D

I don't think they'll bring her back. She was too underdeveloped.

Her fight scene with Colossus was very cool though and that superhero landing. She was amazingly fierce.

You can't really say for sure, though. I'm not going to say it's a definite possibility but the powers that be obviously have it under consideration since they made sure her character survived the final battle.

Her character is really obscure and she could have been replaced by another mutant with superhuman strength and the film would still have been the same and I'd rather see someone new or someone more familiar in the comics to appear in the sequel.

You're really splitting hairs now. :o

I'd rather see them introduce someone we haven't before.

Angel Dust is a d-list character and could have been replaced by M or Blockbuster or Frenzy and the film would have been still the same. I would actually be happy if they just called her M or Frenzy because I know those characters. I liked the actress though.

Who cares? Just because a character is D-List doesn't mean they're not worthy of coming back. If that logic was followed we wouldn't be seeing multiple appearances from characters like Falcon. I don't think that matters at all. What matters is that I found her character entertaining & would like to see more of her.

Having her return doesn't negate the ability of the filmmakers to introduce new characters & vice versa.

So again, you're splitting hairs here.

Eh are you really gonna compare to Falcon to someone like Angel Dust?

I also mentioned that D-list characters such as Frenzy/M.

The point is if they are gonna feature characters in the movies, at least put someone who actually did stuff in the comics, instead of including characters like Angel Dust who appeared in like what 1 to 2 issues. And by putting someone who actually did stuff in the comics in the live-action ilm, the film would give the character more exposure to the mainstream.

So I see you have no problem introducing characters like Wind Dancer than a character like Polaris or Dazzler in the film?

Last edited:
They put d-list characters to cast d-list actors. This movie was made on the really limited budget and almost whole cast beside 4 main characters (wade, vanessa, ajax, weasel) were d-actors, expandable enough not to bring them back. And for same purpose storyline of first movie was headed in same direction. Not mention they cut some of henchmens from original script and combine them so they save extra couple of bucks.

There is no really purpose to bring Angel Dust back in bigger role. Gina is really not that good of actor to give here extra scenes, dialogue etc. Her character is not needed anymore in any sense. Probably one of main reasons she got the role was she could do henchmen role, and bring some extra viewers as "face of women's MMA" . We have same thing happening in new Spidey movie with Zandaya casting. More and more people get casted just cause they are popular, and they have decent amount of followers. I am pretty sure Miller is planning something on bigger stage with more prominent X-men characters and casting (depends on the budget) A-list actors or Hollywood's rising up actors to do those roles.

Last edited:
Eh are you really gonna compare to Falcon to someone like Angel Dust?

I also mentioned that D-list characters such as Frenzy/M.

The point is if they are gonna feature characters in the movies, at least put someone who actually did stuff in the comics, instead of including characters like Angel Dust who appeared in like what 1 to 2 issues. And by putting someone who actually did stuff in the comics in the live-action ilm, the film would give the character more exposure to the mainstream.

So I see you have no problem introducing characters like Wind Dancer than a character like Polaris or Dazzler in the film?

:doh: It really cannot be this hard to convey such a simple narrative. I mean, are we seriously doing this? Are you really debating me on as to why a character won't appear because I said I want to see more of her?

Do you realize how ridiculous this entire thing is & how pointless it's been for you to even drag it out? I do, which is why I'm jumping out now.

I want to see more of Angel Dust, I don't give a damn what anyone has to say regarding that fact unless you're an executive at Fox.

Good for you, if you want to see more of Angel Dust. I'm not asking you to change your wishes.

But IMO, there are a lot more characters in the comics that are way more deserving to appear in the big screen than her.

Angel Dust was pretty simple, but did like her. I mean, strong and silent and mean is as simple as they come.

I loved the fact that she was seemingly stronger than Colossus, just not as durable. Loved that fight. Negasonic Teenage Warhead to the rescue!

Good for you, if you want to see more of Angel Dust. I'm not asking you to change your wishes.

But IMO, there are a lot more characters in the comics that are way more deserving to appear in the big screen than her.

Mhm. That's great. But this thread is about Angel Dust & none of those other characters so....yeah. Again, it's moot to debate someone up & down because they want a character to return.

Ridiculous.

Yeah like as if I was randomly stating characters.... yeah whatever you want to say. Too bad though you probably ain't getting Angel Dust in the sequel, probably because she is not important enough.

In some alternate universe a five year old version of myself weeps at your extremely childish jab.

Well done, amigo. :D

I was just being realistic. Actually you're the one throwing a tantrum here. You just can't get over with someone saying that Angel Dust shouldn't return in the sequel.

She was soooo badass. Then again, Fox villainesses tend to be.

I too would like to see more of Carano as Angel Dust.
Will I? No idea.
Will I break down screaming if I don't? No of course not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"