Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe99

Sidekick
Reaction score
From Collider 01/14/2011:
Jason Statham on the Possibility of CRANK 3 and the Status of THE EXPENDABLES 2
Steve 'Frosty' Weintraub said:
Have you heard about a sequel to The Expendables?

Statham:
Yes I have heard about a sequel and I’d be the first to say yes to a phone call from Sly. I mean, we spoke about it as soon as the movie started to do really well and he says, you know, it would be great to do this again, and if there’s anyone who can do a good sequel it’s Sly Stallone! He’s done a fair amount. Yeah, we had a good time. It’s something I’d like to repeat.

How far out do you plan for your career? Are you thinking, I’ve got films lined up all in 2011, I’ve got four things, or are you sort of like, I take one project at a time and that’s as far as I’m going to look?

Statham:
Sometimes you can get kind of chopped up with it. This is the first period in several years now that for the next few months I’m not doing anything. Normally come January the last three years, I’ve always had something in front of me. The trouble is, once you sign on to do a movie, there’s always an aspect of that, that you might miss something else, so.. The most I’ve had is a couple of movies in front of me, but now I’m just waiting for Stallone’s next film, The Expendables 2.

There’s been a lot of conjecture that, ‘it’s definitely going, that it might be going’…

Statham:
It’s more than likely, yeah. I’m very positive that it will be going.

Oh, so this is what you’re waiting on.

Statham
: Yes. Right now.

From Screen Rant:
Jean-Claude Van Damme Wants In On ‘The Expendables 2′

From Cinemablend:
Bruce Willis Confirms Involvement In Expendables 2
We still don’t exactly know what he’ll be doing in it, but Bruce Willis has confirmed that he’ll show up in The Expendables 2. The Hudson Hawk star had a brief cameo in the first Expendables and a few months ago Sylvester Stallone told everyone he wanted Willis to take on a bigger role for the sequel, possibly as what he described as a “super villain”.

Tonight at the Golden Globes, when Access Hollywood asked Willis if he’ll show up in the film, Bruce responded: “As far as I know, barring any unforeseen circumstances.” He didn’t however confirm whether he’ll just do another cameo or have a bigger part, let alone let slip whether he’s actually be a super villain. I’m pretty sure that if he does end up as the movie’s bad guy, he won’t be wearing a cape.

Bruce Willis, the Hudson Hawk star?

Yeah, it's definitely his most famous role.

Was wondering when we would start hearing more about this, hopefully they start making it soon so we can hear who he casts this time.

I don't think Van Damme is in the condition to really do anything.

Hudson Hawk is Willis' biggest role. No-one's ever even heard of Die Hard.

it'd be totally sweet if JCVD came on board for the sequel

and Arnold & Willis must have bigger roles

Team Sly vs. Bruce and JCVD. That's all you need!

Wish list -

More screen time for Jet Li.
No shaky cam.
Less focus on the non action guys. I.E. David Zayas and Eric Roberts.
Better lighting.
Blood squibs instead of CGI.

You gotta respect Statham's dedication. The man is turning down millions worth of paychecks, for bare minimum wage, because he believes in a project.

^Thats pretty much my wishlist for the sequel as well DL, especially the no shaky cam part.

This awesome news. The rumors always sounded like an Expendables 2 would happen, but this makes it sound pretty definite.

I hope we get a few more scenes with Terry Crews. Either for comedy relief or just a fight scene.

Hell yes, JCVD with a spin kick on someone!

Who else? Maybe bring in another wrestler. Goldberg? Undertaker?

I pray arnold has a bigger role in this. I could only hope he enters as something like dutch. We need you back arnie!

Hell yes, JCVD with a spin kick on someone!

Who else? Maybe bring in another wrestler. Goldberg? Undertaker?

I pray arnold has a bigger role in this. I could only hope he enters as something like dutch. We need you back arnie!

The Rock said he was down if he liked the script. I'd like to see him in there.

If Arnold has a larger role in this movie, I hope we could at least get a flashback of when him and Sly were on the team together, the first time around. And maybe show how these guys all met up.

At least with Austin, he had a few films under his belt before doing TE1 and he's legitimately trying to make a good career out of making films, 'Taker, Goldberg, Cena etc, don't want that, so they shouldn't be doing it.

The first one is one of the worst action movies that I have ever seen. Stallone dropped the ball big with the first one imo and I won't be seeing this at all.

At least with Austin, he had a few films under his belt before doing TE1 and he's legitimately trying to make a good career out of making films, 'Taker, Goldberg, Cena etc, don't want that, so they shouldn't be doing it.

Taker did suburban commando back in the 90s, Goldberg did Universal Soldier: The Return before, Cena's done some wwe films. I dont think its a huge difference compared to the movies Austin has done. But I understand what you're saying. I'd cringe at the the thought of Cena being in this.

agreed just have the cast of the original going against bruce's team. think of the fight scenes, JVC vs lee, stallone vs willis

Taker did suburban commando back in the 90s, Goldberg did Universal Soldier: The Return before, Cena's done some wwe films. I dont think its a huge difference compared to the movies Austin has done. But I understand what you're saying. I'd cringe at the the thought of Cena being in this.

Goldberg was also in "Santa's Slay" "Half Past Dead 2" and "The Longest Yard."

Even though both aren't considered decent actors, I'd rather have Goldberg than Cena. His movies just make me cringe.

Have we heard anything from Stallone himself as of late.

Have we heard anything from Stallone himself as of late.

He tweeted about checking out Mexico in November and then hasn't been heard from since.

The first one is one of the worst action movies that I have ever seen. Stallone dropped the ball big with the first one imo and I won't be seeing this at all.

Cool story. See you at the party Richter.

Maybe JCVD is better off in this one after all, because he might of been killed off in the first one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"