Gina Carano to Topline Female EXPENDABLES Movie

Are YOU serious? Weaver and Hamilton brought more to their roles than weapons training. Have you seen T2 and Aliens? Look at Hamilton's physique, let's not forget the superior acting.

None of those things that Jolie, Becksale, and Jovo "learned" were worth a damn because the movies sucked.

And the difference between Beckinsale and Trinity seems to be sleeves, so LOL. That's not the point though, even if they ripped off Trinity's look from Sarah Connor, at least she stood on her own as a strong character.

I have seen them but apparently you haven't and you didn't even look at the pictures.

Hamilton's one time physique for Terminator 2 is about as impressive as any currently female action star other than Jessica Biel or Gina Carano. Hamilton, just like women such as Jolie, Jovovich and Beckinsale, simple go into the gym and work out to be toned and add definition to what they already have. None of them eat to add weight and then convert that into bulk or muscle mass. The picture of Hamilton in Terminator 2 shows that she has virtually no figure (no curves of any kind as well as looking like an A cup) so how you're claiming that her "one and done" attempt at being "cut" is some how superior is utterly laughable.

Weaver on the other hand actually never even looked like she did much working out for her role as Ripley and instead went with a much more natural skinny look.

Hell, the picture of Carrie Ann Moss shows she has better looking arms than Hamilton and the pictures of Noomi Rapace that were posted by someone else shows her in a much better shape than Hamilton or Weaver or current Jolie (not Tomb Raider Jolie) and Jovovich and Beckinsale.

Your "I hate their movies there for all their hard work is negated due to my opinion" excuse is borderline ******ed. It is about as irrational as saying any collegiate or professional sports team you don't like is all filled with bums that don't have a shred of atheltic talent simply because you don't like them.

The difference between Selene and Trinity is that Selene is wearing a FULL BODY CATSUIT with a corset over it while Trinity is wearing a sleeveless tank top and some pants. You sitting there and pretending that Underworld stole their attire from The Matrix (I can't even believe there are people on the internet that still think The Matrix invented everything) just shows how little you know.

Characters like Barbarella, Catwoman, Black Widow, Black Cat, Virginia Baker (Entrapment), Vanessa Kensington (Austin Powers), damn near every Bond girl, a lot of Star Trek girls etc etc have all been wearing cat suits (most of them black) long before Trinity was ever thought of. That type of outfit is a staple of the "hot babe attire" and any character wearing black after 1999 isn't ripping off "totally original" Matrix series.

So. you're suggesting Hamilton should have gotten implants? Why the hell would you mention her cup size for?

Never said anything about Weaver's look, Aliens didn't call for Ripley to be muscle bound. So that's irrelevant.

Okay, not sure why you're focusing so much on physique.

Ah yes, ******ed. What clever conversation skills. Their movies were bad as were their performances. I can only grade them on what they've done. The action in those movies is terrible, so I really don't care that they (or a stunt woman) trained for months so they could flip on a wire and kick a CG dog in the face.

Give me a ****ing break. Matrix didn't invent catsuits but the style of the film was noticed and copied. That's obvious. Catsuits weren't really the norm in 1999. Didn't even say, "totally original" but keep putting quotes from thin air.

So. you're suggesting Hamilton should have gotten implants? Why the hell would you mention her cup size for?

Jesus, where did you even get that was I EVEN hinting that Linda should have gotten implants.

YOU said look at her body, that her thin and toned body in Terminator 2 was superior to any of the current generation of female action stars and I said that you're completely wrong because she looks exactly like what most of the girls look like today (all defintion, no muscle mass). How you got "SHE NEEDS BIGGER ****" from that is beyond me.

Never said anything about Weaver's look, Aliens didn't call for Ripley to be muscle bound. So that's irrelevant.

Weaver's look is irrelevant and yet you specifically mentioned her as being one of the only legitimate female action stars that actually looks like they could beat someone up.

Okay, not sure why you're focusing so much on physique.

Why did I focus so much on physique? Perhaps it has something to do with you specifically stating that I need to look at Linda Hamilton's physique because her skinny but toned body type for Terminator 2 was apparently the optimity of any female action hero and every female movie star that gets into action should strive to achieve the same body type (which most of them in fact do).

Ah yes, ******ed. What clever conversation skills. Their movies were bad as were their performances. I can only grade them on what they've done. The action in those movies is terrible, so I really don't care that they (or a stunt woman) trained for months so they could flip on a wire and kick a CG dog in the face.

Considering your argument, I'd say calling your logic ******ed is pretty spot on. The fact that insist on repeating "kicking a CGI dog" like it is the only think Jovovich ever did in five movies is in fact ******ed. Ignore all the gun training, ignore all the sword tricks she learns for Ultraviolet, ignore the repelling she learned so she could run 60 feet down the side of a building, ignore damn near every bit of training she has ever done since The Fifth Element cause according to you all she has ever done is kick a CGI dog. You act like everyone other than Weaver and Hamilton are on par with Pamela Anderson in Barbwire or VIP.

Give me a ****ing break. Matrix didn't invent catsuits but the style of the film was noticed and copied. That's obvious. Catsuits weren't really the norm in 1999. Didn't even say, "totally original" but keep putting quotes from thin air.

Catsuits weren't the norm? Funny cause I mentioned half a dozen examples that pre-date The Matrix. Catsuits are probably one of, if not the most, popular type of costumes for sci-fi/action themed female characters.

The Matrix didn't even have Trinity wear one, she always wear a top and pants, never a full body catsuit. And the style in The Matrix itself is ripped from nearly every single gothic and cyber punk themed story that has ever been created so claiming that everyone is ripping off that movie when that series itself is nothing but a bunch of repurposed ideas is once again laughable and dare I say, ******ed.

Last edited:
I didn't say her body was superior to anyone. You suggested her weapons training was her only prep for the role, I pointed out her physique. Now you're talking about cup sizes.

And once again, you're completely pulling quotes that NEVER EXISTED. I NEVER said Weaver looked like she could beat anyone up.

There's a lot more that goes into it than what they look like. I don't consider Weaver and Hamilton action legends because they look tough. it's the roles, their presence, their performance, the whole package. Aliens and T2 are action classics, I don't consider Resident Evil, Underworld, or Tomb Raider anything of the sort.

Clearly you're not reading my posts so I'll stop here but I hope you get a slap on the wrist for continually calling me ******ed. That's disrespectful, when you want to have an actual conversation and leave your Jovo obsession at the door, then I'll respond.

You claimed that they brought more to the table than fire arm training and specifically said to take note of Hamilton's body. You've also previously said about that action stars of today aren't believable at all when it comes to being competent action heroes and that all the training that the female stars of today do, that the older ones never had to, is all for nothing simply because YOU don't like them.

I don't want Jovovich, Beckinsale, Jolie or Rodriguez anywhere near this. I don't buy any of them as legit female action hero legends. I've seen Carano kick ass and I believe she can be one. Jovovich beats up CG dogs, Beckinsale beats up CG wolves, Jolie I can never buy, and Rodriguez has been playing a poor woman's Vasquez for her entire career. They all feel too Hollywood produced.

They need to bring in action legends like Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Michelle Yeoh, and fill the cast with other women you could buy in these roles. Nan Yu was pretty good in EX2, bring her back.

Once again, it I seems your entire argument hinges on only what YOU consider to be proper action roles. So glad we all know that Hollywood needs to tailor their movies to your vision from now on.

I am reading your posts. I've seen you say that no one today except for Gina is believable, I've seen you reduce entire careers to "only fights CG creatures" which is just ludicrous. I've sent you say that because of your own tastes, everything a person has been trained in is garbage just because you didn't like their films as is your enjoyment or lack there of is the only important thing that matters, not their hard work.

So if you want to talk about someone being disrespectful then lets talk about you and you're negative opinion of the women in Hollywood today and how it is a fact that they all suck just because you don't like them.

You also might have noticed that I've never called you ******. You're logic and argument is ******ed but that doesn't mean you are. Intelligent people can do and say incredibly stupid things.

With their version of the female Expendables, given the title, is it supposed to be a comedy?

This better have nudity up the literal yin yang.

I will watch the **** out of this.

This better have nudity up the literal yin yang.

This is the literal Ying Yang

Yang3.jpg

I don't want to see his Ying or his Yang.

I am actually more scared of that image than I am of getting my ass kicked by him.

That ExpendaBelles film is a different film than the Gina Carano film. Different studio, writers and producers.

It will probably be the film that ends up with Sigourney Weaver and Linda Hamilton, while the Carano film ends up with Michele Rodriguez and Kristanna Loken.

I will watch the **** out of this.

Only if they get the right actresses. Either the 'official' Millenium Films-financed spinoff, or the one with Gina Carano.

I'm placing bets now. If the studios fast-track both pics, it's going to be similar to this year's Snow White vs. Mirror Mirror battle.

Only bloodier.

And hopefully bare breastier. :o

http://collider.com/katee-sackhoff-acting-outlaws-riddick-female-expendables-movie/212458/

Are you officially doing the all-female Expendables movie, or are you waiting to see a script?

SACKHOFF: Well, I am attached to it, but things always happen. If a script got delivered and was absolutely horrible, then you figure things out. But, I can’t imagine, with everyone that (producer) Adi Shankar is bringing around the project, that it’s going to be bad. I really put a lot of faith in him and his eye for detail. I’m a big fan of Gina [Carano], and there’s a lot of strong women. When I sat down with Adi and he pitched the women that he wanted in the movie, these are not your 5 foot 2, skinny girls. These are the girls that can actually kick some ass, which made me excited. And they are different types of girls. I haven’t seen The Expendables movies, but not every one of us has the same fighting style and we’re all different body types. It’s believable that we could all kick some ass. I’m really looking forward to it.

Did you have to audition for that, or did they hire you because you’re not for doing so many action roles?

SACKHOFF: I didn’t audition for that, but I did audition for Riddick. I auditioned one time for Riddick, and then the second time, I just had to go in and meet Vin. I didn’t read the second time. I’ve worked really hard and I’ve been doing this a long time. It really is nice to get to a point where you don’t have to audition, all the time, and where your reputation on camera actually goes into the room before you. That is nice. By no means am I above auditioning or do I not have to do it ‘cause I do have to do it. I auditioned for Longmire. But, there are certain jobs where I just don’t have to anymore, and that’s really nice.

Are you surprised that it’s taken this long to get an all-female action movie like this made?

SACKHOFF: This business is hard. People and producers and studios and finance guys get caught up in saying, “Women don’t sell movies,” or “This person doesn’t sell foreign,” or “You have to attach guys first,” or “People don’t want to see women do this.” I’ve heard those things so many times that I’ve actually heard myself say them, a number of times. It is nice for someone to finally take a chance. In the last couple of years, our business and a lot of people have stopped taking chances and have started just recycling old ideas. There is a market for that. Trust me, I watch the movies, so I know there’s a market for it. But, I also think there’s a market for things that are new and different and take chances. Those are the movies that really take people by surprise. I don’t know. I am surprised it’s taken this long. I’m happy that it did because I wouldn’t have been in it.

idk what the hell is going on. But Gina Carano is the hottest woman on the planet, so I will watch the hell out of this movie

Carano talks...

http://collider.com/gina-carano-fast-and-furious-6-interview/

You already mentioned In the Blood. You’re also attached to the Adi Shankar project, which I believe is the female version of The Expendables. Are you still involved with that and can you give us an update?

Carano: With that one, it’s kind of a work in progress and I think that as soon as I read the script I’d be able to answer that more thoroughly. I think it’s important to find a director who has a good vision behind it and, like, from Sucker Punch – I absolutely love that movie. So I take that and I say, “Okay, it’s a bunch of females and it’s very fantasy driven,” but if you take a couple of women who are very realistic and could actually pull off some amazing fights, maybe put a darker twist to the story to it and make it very cool and believable, that would be something I’d of course be interested in. There’s something about … it’s lovely to work with guys, but it’s a whole other educational experience working with women. It is a blast because you learn so much because you’re on the same page and it’s like, “Well, you’re a woman and you’re saying this and you’re doing this and we’re in the same profession, so we’re learning a lot from each other!” I went through this working with guys and I absolutely love learning stuff like that and having that camaraderie with someone of the same sex. So, if a good visionary wants to jump on board with that and I see their vision correctly and I like it and I like the script, I would absolutely do it but I have to read the script first.

New casting...

http://collider.com/female-expendables-movie-sharni-vinson/

Exclusive: YOU’RE NEXT Breakout Star Sharni Vinson Joins Adi Shankar’s Female EXPENDABLES Project

by Adam Chitwood Posted 2 hours ago

sharni-vinson-youre-next-slice.jpg
Sharni Vinson may not be a name that you’re familiar with just yet, but it will be soon. The Australian actress leads the excellent new horror film You’re Next in a true breakout role, and now sources confirm to us that Vinson has joined the cast of producer Adi Shankar’s all-female Expendables project. The untitled film already has Gina Carano and Katee Sackhoff onboard to star, and if you’ve seen Vinson’s work in You’re Next you’ll no doubt agree that she makes an excellent addition to the untitled actioner. The pic is still being put together with Dutch Southern writing the screenplay, but Vinson’s casting confirms that development is indeed progressing towards an eventual production start-date.

Most recently, Shankar produced a pair of comic book-friendly short films, Dirty Laundry with Thomas Jane and Truth in Journalism with Ryan Kwanten. He was also an executive producer on last year’s Dredd.

I don't know if this belongs in an official The ExpendaBelles thread, but Avi Lerner says he is negotiating with Meryl Streep (???), Cameron Diaz, and Milla Jovovich to appear in the film, which shoots in Bulgaria. He also says they are looking for a female director to commit before casting begins in earnest.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/avi-lerner-saves-his-expendabelles-news-for-bulgaria/

Streep's possible involvement will interest numerous actresses out of the woodwork who otherwise wouldn't bother with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"