Girl Scout Sells Cookies Outside Medical Marijuana Dispensary

I just read the last page and thought we were talking about an opium den or a crack house or a Meth Lab or something dangerous.

Not a place to purchase medication.

That's been my entire point here, man. Medical cannabis is MEDICINE. I wanna see what some of these people on here think about 4 year old kids with epilepsy ingesting medical cannabis and it literally being the only thin that can stop them from having 30 seizures a day. Some people just can't get past their upbringing and programming. Pure and simple. Pharmacies present more danger to kids IMO. There are more dangerous chemicals in a grocery store than in a medical marijuana dispensary. Sure, if a kid gets ahold of a very potent cannabis edible or something they are going to be outrageously stoned. But that's it. No convulsions, no calling poison control, no actual threat to their health has taken place because this medicine is not dangerous. Antibiotics are worst for you

Last edited:
Doing drugs of many types leaves you with an intense hunger known as 'the munchies' which leads you to consume anything edible in a short period of time while high. By selling cookies outside a door that sells MJ she saves them a trip to the store and everyone already likes GS cookies so they buy them out of the recognition that they will want to consume them later.
Thanks Kevan. :up: I've never smoked so I didn't know there was a relation.

Is there a limit to how many yards away they can sell the cookies. What if it was across the street or two stores down. In this town there is a bakery next to a liquor store and on the other side is a video game store called "game on" where young people frequent. It's only a matter of time before they all become alcoholics according to society.

This is two stories now. The one in California where nothing has changed since is it a pharmacy and one in Colorado which is recreational and not medical so they banned it.

I love how random people on the internet think they know how to better raise some complete stranger's kid.

You have a point, Whiskey-T, but I truly believe there are better ways to teach your child about drug abuse. I also think bringing any child to a MJ dispenser is not a good idea. It's not the same as Rite-Aid or Walgreens.

You have a point, Whiskey-T, but I truly believe there are better ways to teach your child about drug abuse. I also think bringing any child to a MJ dispenser is not a good idea. It's not the same as Rite-Aid or Walgreens.

Why? Both dispense medication that can potentially be abused.

I think it's a brilliant, thinking outside the box idea. They should encourage it.

Why? Both dispense medication that can potentially be abused.
Yes, but Walgreens are more established businesses. I fully support medicinal marijuana, but at this point it's still quasi-legal. I don't consider that the safest place to sell cookies for charity.

Yes, but Walgreens are more established businesses. I fully support medicinal marijuana, but at this point it's still quasi-legal. I don't consider that the safest place to sell cookies for charity.

If medical marijuana dispensaries have been set up in Frisco then it's legal there. Does it become more legal if it's been around a while?

If medical marijuana dispensaries have been set up in Frisco then it's legal there. Does it become more legal if it's been around a while?
I think it will become more legal when marijuana is no longer classified as a schedule one drug.

There's no such thing as 'more legal'. If something is legal it's legal.

How about this for a compromise...When they can sell medicinal marijuana at any pharmacy, Rite-Aid or Walgreens then there shouldn't be a problem selling GS cookies in front of those establishments. As it is... medical dispensaries are frequently raided by police (federal and state), and robbed by criminals because the dispensaries are considered on the fringe...if that makes sense.

And why does this matter in terms of the girl? She's in broad daylight, on a busy corner where there are plenty of people around. It's not like her life is in danger. So then what? Because it's marijuana smokers she's selling to? It's not the same as selling cookies to hopped up junkies on meth or heroine. It's medicinal. Her parents can explain the difference to her (which they probably did), but since she's 13, she's most likely well aware of drugs and their effects.

All in all, great idea by her to sell her product. Perfectly legal AND perfectly safe. Yay!

I've heard of many dispensaries being robbed in broad daylight and raided by the police in broad daylight.

*shakes head* I don't think it's a safe environment for a child to be selling cookies for charity, but I guess if her parents want to let her do it...then it's on them.

Doesn't really matter anyways... If their parenting techniques fail then I'm sure the girl will end up a resident of the state's hospitality service one day...

Pharmacies are robbed too. The thought that a pharmacy is a safer place than an MMJ dispensary is just asinine. What if a pharmacist who is working turns his back and a little kid in the store was to run behind the counter and grab a bottle of OxyContin thinking they're candy, considering how pharmaceutical companies have always been hell bent on making their products look like tic tacs and skittles. I'm sure that doesn't happen often but I'd be beyond surprised if its something that has never happened

She's on the sidewalk, odds are she'd get hit by a car before getting waylaid by robbers. Should kids not be let out on public streets at all?

Exactly, WT! We are talking about selling cookies in front of a business. How is it different from any other business? Oh, it's the dregs of society that frequent MMJ dispensaries I guess. Never mind the junkies piling into pharmacies on the daily and alcoholics taking their daily trips to the liquor store. What about pain management facilities? Should kids not sell cookies in front of those places? Considering they are predominantly known for attracting drug seeking pill heads and not much else

Pharmacies are robbed too. The thought that a pharmacy is a safer place than an MMJ dispensary is just asinine. What if a pharmacist who is working turns his back and a little kid in the store was to run behind the counter and grab a bottle of OxyContin thinking they're candy, considering how pharmaceutical companies have always been hell bent on making their products look like tic tacs and skittles. I'm sure that doesn't happen often but I'd be beyond surprised if its something that has never happened
Dispensaries are robbed far more frequently. Have you ever been in a medical dispensary here in CA? Or are you saying it's asinine because you just think that?

No I've never been in one. But, I visit pharmacies almost daily and I absolutely know the type of people that are in pharmacies day in and day out. But to answer your question, yes I just think its asinine. The problem, that you seem to have, is the inherent danger presented to the child which is more than an understandable concern. What I am saying is that there is no more inherent danger presented to the child outside an MMJ dispensary than there is basically any other type of establishment. Do you know people who frequent dispensaries? I don't in real life considering I'm from Ky but I have plenty of friends, upstanding kind hearted people mind you, who do and I know all about the stuff that goes on in and around dispensaries. This is a subject I make it a point to stay up to date and current on because I believe in the beneficial nature of cannabis.

No I've never been in one. But, I visit pharmacies almost daily and I absolutely know the type of people that are in pharmacies day in and day out. But to answer your question, yes I just think its asinine. The problem, that you seem to have, is the inherent danger presented to the child which is more than an understandable concern. What I am saying is that there is no more inherent danger presented to the child outside an MMJ dispensary than there is basically any other type of establishment. Do you know people who frequent dispensaries? I don't in real life considering I'm from Ky but I have plenty of friends, upstanding kind hearted people mind you, who do and I know all about the stuff that goes on in and around dispensaries. This is a subject I make it a point to stay up to date and current on because I believe in the beneficial nature of cannabis.
I believe in the beneficial nature of cannabis, too :cwink:

I'm not so much concerned with the type of people that frequent the establishment, but the danger surrounding it. I realize there are dangers everywhere, and you can't protect kids from everything. Yet that location just seems not safe. It's certainly good business, but I don't think it's safe for a variety of reasons.

I've heard of many dispensaries being robbed in broad daylight and raided by the police in broad daylight.

*shakes head* I don't think it's a safe environment for a child to be selling cookies for charity, but I guess if her parents want to let her do it...then it's on them.

Doesn't really matter anyways... If their parenting techniques fail then I'm sure the girl will end up a resident of the state's hospitality service one day...

What exactly are you insinuating with that last point? I can't believe that you would judge these parents so harshly you think their child will fail in life. Based on the fact that they let her do this in this first place, I would say the kid will end up a well rounded, intelligent human being.

She was clearly in no danger.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"