Girl's Head Swells From Hair Dye...

Showtime

Your Friend In Time
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=443813&in_page_id=1770

stacy1SOLENT2103_468x325.jpg

A schoolgirl feared she was going to die after she was disfigured by a hair dye which she says left her looking like the Elephant Woman.

Stacy Ditroia, 16, struggled to breathe and was unable to see after her head and neck swelled up.

The allergic reaction was caused by a £10 L'Oreal treatment which she had used to turn her hair chocolate brown.

She was taken to hospital where doctors managed to stop the swelling, but Stacy says she has been left emotionally scarred.

"I did the 48-hour patch test behind my ear and there was no reaction, so two days later I put the dye on my hair," she said.

"But soon afterwards my scalp started itching horribly. I wanted to tear my head off. The following day my hairline went bright red, I felt really hot, and the sides of my neck hurt as if the glands were swollen.

"I told my mum that she should still go to work, but when I looked in the mirror it was horrific. I looked deformed. My head and eyes were swollen and I was sure I was going to die. I phoned my mum."

Her mother Frances, 33, a nursery manager, from Brixton, South London, said: "I was met by the most horrific sight I had ever seen.

"I called an ambulance which took Stacy to hospital where they put her straight on intravenous anti-histamines and steroids."

The treatment made the swelling move down through Stacy's face to the back of her neck. She said: "It crushed my windpipe and I found it difficult to breathe."

Eventually the reaction stabilised, and Stacy was allowed home but had to take steroids and anti-histamines every day for a week. She said: "My relatives said I looked like the elephant woman. I still feel self-conscious."
L'Oreal told Stacy that a chemical called para-phenylenediamine in the colorant was the likely cause of the reaction. It has offered to pay for her to have tests.
A spokesman said: "Consumer safety is always our first priority and all our hair colorants are safe when used according to the instructions."

ha!

Please ladies.. keep it natural.

Actually no it isn't. She's 16 and she's vain. She is a pretty little girl already, and she shouldnt be dying her hair. That's whats wrong with the world today, kids are trying to grow up waaaaay to fast. So yeah, her and all little girls that this happens to deserve it.

Actually no it isn't. She's 16 and she's vain. She is a pretty little girl already, and she shouldnt be dying her hair. That's whats wrong with the world today, kids are trying to grow up waaaaay to fast. So yeah, her and all little girls that this happens to deserve it.
She didn't get breast implants, dude. It was a simple dye. :dry:

She altered the way she looks to try and appear older, when I was 16, girls looked 16, now they try and look twice there age and forget to be young. The saying is true, youth is wasted on the young!

Ummm....what does hair color have to do with age?? :huh:

It's just my opinion, being the father of a teen-age daughter, that little girls should stop trying to make themselves older then they actually are. Enjoy your youth while you can. I bet she has fake nails and a sidekick 3 already and wears clothes that a could fit a 12 year old.

i'm glad you're not my father AllThingsComic...

...you're out of line. there are plenty of teenage girls out there that are happy being young and use dye simply to change their look. nowhere on that article does it say she was using it to look OLDER.

I may be, but my daughter has never had to suffer through this, so I say to you good luck with your kids.

I feel the need to re-itterate, i'm not saying good i'm glad she almost died, GOD no, but just that vanity is one of the 7 deadly sins and she's paying for it.

i'm glad you're not my father AllThingsComic...

...you're out of line. there are plenty of teenage girls out there that are happy being young and use dye simply to change their look. nowhere on that article does it say she was using it to look OLDER.

Maybe it's just because where I live, and I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in my area, EVERY little girl thinks they are older then they actually are. I've been in my local grocery store and a bunch of 12 year olds come in, alll with sidekicks tapping away. I guess i'm getting bitter in my old age?

Nothing is wrong with me, I tried to make a point, what about the people who laughed at her? Wow when you people have teen-age daughters let me know, then you'll know what i'm talking about. If you do and you allow this, then again good luck to you.

WOW God forbid some one actually has an opinion....... its called free speech :whatever: :whatever:

oh yeah good for her (evil laugh) hahahahahaha

Well you know why speech is free right? Its for the Dumb.

Oh God, here come all the politicians. Explain this to me why am I dumb, because I believe little girls should look like little girls and act thier age and not try to be older, how does this make me dumb?

Oh God, here come all the politicians. Explain this to me why am I dumb, because I believe little girls should look like little girls and act thier age and not try to be older, how does this make me dumb?

Because. For having a daughter you clearly don't understand teenagers. most of them don't dye there hair to look older. They do it to look cool. I tried dying my hair blond once, but because my hair was dark. It turned out looking red. I didn't do it because I wanted to look older. I did it because I wanted to look hip. Instead I ended up looking like Carrot top.

Not to mention the fact how would changing your hair color make you look older? Unless they were dying it with silver streaks.

I'm a guy and I died my hair several times in high school. It wasn't to look older. It was just to look different. It's just like getting your hair cut in a new style or wearing a different style of clothes. Teenagers are in a point of their lives where they are becoming who they will be. Nothing is certain for them.

And you're getting all these negative reactions because you're being really insensitive towards the girl is all. Sure you can say whatever you want. That's your right, but you're just being cold and that will offend some people.

First, don't tell me I don't understand MY daughter, we have a great relationship and I build enough confidence in her to be who she is and not fake. She doesn't need to do any of that B.S. to feel hip or cool and she knows if people don't like her the way she is, to hell with them. Second, unless you are actually a parent trying to raise a child in this wacked out world, you shouldn't be doling out any advice.

I'm a guy and I died my hair several times in high school. It wasn't to look older. It was just to look different. It's just like getting your hair cut in a new style or wearing a different style of clothes. Teenagers are in a point of their lives where they are becoming who they will be. Nothing is certain for them.

And you're getting all these negative reactions because you're being really insensitive towards the girl is all. Sure you can say whatever you want. That's your right, but you're just being cold and that will offend some people.

like I said, maybe i'm getting a little bitter in my old age, and yes it may have come off a little cold, but thats only because i'm numb to the levels of which celebrities (spears, aguilera and all the rest) have put on children today. You cannot sit there and say children are not trying to be adults way to early. Look at the difference in dolls, back then you had Barbie who was an astronaut, a doctor etc., now what do you have, BRATZ. The name alone says it all.

First, don't tell me I don't understand MY daughter, we have a great relationship and I build enough confidence in her to be who she is and not fake. She doesn't need to do any of that B.S. to feel hip or cool and she knows if people don't like her the way she is, to hell with them. Second, unless you are actually a parent trying to raise a child in this wacked out world, you shouldn't be doling out any advice.

What ever. We are done here. If I keep debating with your whacked out, incensitive ass. I am going to get in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"