Girl's Head Swells From Hair Dye...

Please don't tell me we're bickering over this girls swollen head? :csad:

Anyways, as far as the actual story is concerned, I only have one word. And it is...DAYUM!

Poor thing.

Ok, carnage, who's the child calling names? I present to you an intellegent disagreement, and your name calling. Just proves my case even more.

Please don't tell me we're bickering over this girls swollen head? :csad:

Anyways, as far as the actual story is concerned, I only have one word. And it is...DAYUM!

Poor thing.

I agree, but this has gone beyond that poor little girl, and more about little girls outlook on what is the right or "cool" thing and the labels society has placed on what'ship.

I agree, but this has gone beyond that poor little girl, and more about little girls outlook on what is the right or "cool" thing and the labels society has placed on what'ship.

I have no problem with the discussion expanding into social politics. All I'm saying is, let's not insult eachother's intelligence during the process.

Surely this can be achieved reasonably, right?

I thought so Lightning, but then I got called a whacked out insensitive a$$. I guess I thought I was have an adult convo, I guessed wrong.

wow shes cute! even swelled up shes still hot :) :whatever: :dry:

That's asking too much on the Hype!

Oh, I know. But contractually-speaking I'm supposed to say that as a disclaimer...you know, "peace-making" tactics, etc. Besides, Mirko is supposed to pay us our quarterly checks today and I want to make sure I get mine, dammit. :cmad:

I feel bad for the girl, I hope she can somehow sue L'Oreal or what not.

First, don't tell me I don't understand MY daughter
maybe if you read a bit more carefully you wouldn't have made the mistake of thinking she dyed her hair in order to look older. he didn't say you didn't understand YOUR daughter.....he said, you don't understand teenagers and it shows since you keep insisting that teens dye their hair in order to look older even though several people have told you that normally that's not the case.

Second, unless you are actually a parent trying to raise a child in this wacked out world, you shouldn't be doling out any advice.
just because you're a parent doesn't make it right for you to tell those who aren't parents that they shouldn't be giving advice about raising children. there are plenty of people out there who don't have kids who would make better parents than a lot of people who DO have kids. being a parent doesn't automatically give you a free pass to talk down on those who are not parents.

i'm glad you look after your daughter...we need more people who do that, but right now you're coming off as thinking you're high and mighty just because you know how to take care of your kid...

I hope so too Showtime, and I hope she also learned a valuable lesson from all this.

maybe if you read a bit more carefully you wouldn't have made the mistake of thinking she dyed her hair in order to look older. he didn't say you didn't understand YOUR daughter.....he said, you don't understand teenagers and it shows since you keep insisting that teens dye their hair in order to look older even though several people have told you that normally that's not the case.

just because you're a parent doesn't make it right for you to tell those who aren't parents that they shouldn't be giving advice about raising children. there are plenty of people out there who don't have kids who would make better parents than a lot of people who DO have kids. being a parent doesn't automatically give you a free pass to talk down on those who are not parents.

i'm glad you look after your daughter...we need more people who do that, but right now you're coming off as thinking you're high and mighty just because you know how to take care of your kid...

First, thank you for conversating with me, and not revert to calling me names. I may have been a little insensitive in my first posting, but I have since then thought that I have explained what I meant better. I wish no ill will on this poor little girl and was talking about girls like this in general. Vanity is getting out of control and in one of carnages postings he said he feels sorry for my daughter and that irked me a bit.

Also, I apologize if I sounded like the be all know all parent, I am far from that. I just think we need to look deeper into why this little girl felt the need to dye her hair when she was already very pretty to begin with. If I did sound like a jerk I apologize to all.

you're welcome...i try not to bash people because what goes around comes around, but as far as the whole vanity thing...i agree with you that too many daughters are becoming too vain and materialistic but it all stems from the way the parents raised them. i can't blame the teenage girls...i blame the lack of parenting and guidance.

as far as your posts...try to read more carefully next time cuz i didn't see Carnage say anything about feeling bad for your daughter but kudos to you for manning up enough to apologize.

you're welcome...i try not to bash people because what goes around comes around, but as far as the whole vanity thing...i agree with you that too many daughters are becoming too vain and materialistic but it all stems from the way the parents raised them. i can't blame the teenage girls...i blame the lack of parenting and guidance.

as far as your posts...try to read more carefully next time cuz i didn't see Carnage say anything about feeling bad for your daughter but kudos to you for manning up enough to apologize.

I did say it, & stand by it. I guess it was deleted by mod.

I am sorry. I just don't consider it name calling when another person thinks they deserve undo harm. People dyeing there hair has been around for atleast 40 years. It isn't anything new.

I give kudos to this girl for actually reading the box, & using the pre test to see if she would have problems. What happened to her was obviously a un-foreseen tragedy.

People expect way to much from teenagers. They are young, & for the most part dumb. Even the smartest teenger doesn't have a concept of consequence.

I think everyone here old enough to look back. Thanks god everyday that all there stupidity didn't kill them, but you learn, & grow from those mistakes. & Hopefully become a better person.

REAL MEN dont dye Their hair........

Well crap. NOW someone tells me.

like I said, maybe i'm getting a little bitter in my old age, and yes it may have come off a little cold, but thats only because i'm numb to the levels of which celebrities (spears, aguilera and all the rest) have put on children today. You cannot sit there and say children are not trying to be adults way to early. Look at the difference in dolls, back then you had Barbie who was an astronaut, a doctor etc., now what do you have, BRATZ. The name alone says it all.

I agree with you on how teenagers seem to be getting worse and worse when it comes to vanity and physical appearance. I was just saying I disagreed with the hair dying thing. Of course...now I find out it's because I'm not a real man so that clears that up.

Seriously, people saying she deserved it are either nuts or dont know how severe and painful an allergic reaction can get. She was going through a slow and painful death...and though it may be funny at first, after reading that argue I dont understand why people think its funny or she deserved it.
Oh and one last thing, its freakin hair dye, it doesnt mean shes not happy with her body and its not the end of the world :dry:...so seriously, chill out :whatever:

Well crap. NOW someone tells me.

I agree with you on how teenagers seem to be getting worse and worse when it comes to vanity and physical appearance. I was just saying I disagreed with the hair dying thing. Of course...now I find out it's because I'm not a real man so that clears that up.

Thank you, also, its not just about getting worse and worse, its getting younger and younger. For the record, I don't doubt your manhood, I honor your bravery! lol

I bet she has fake nails and a sidekick
robin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"