Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) - Part 1

Is it true that
Joe Morton plays the older version of Houston Brooks from Kong: Skull Island?

I can't vouch for this as I honestly do not remember. As I am not a huge Kaiju or Monsterverse fan..

I did not know what Corey Hawkins's character was named in Skull Island. Joe Morton has one scene and he is introduced like he is very important to the plot but never seen again. He is introduced by someone saying "Dr. XXXX, take a look at this". It might be Dr. Brooks, but since I was not looking for that connection I did not think much of it.

I can't vouch for this as I honestly do not remember. As I am not a huge Kaiju or Monsterverse fan..

I did not know what Corey Hawkins's character was named in Skull Island. Joe Morton has one scene and he is introduced like he is very important to the plot but never seen again. He is introduced by someone saying "Dr. XXXX, take a look at this". It might be Dr. Brooks, but since I was not looking for that connection I did not think much of it.

Cool. No worries. Is Kong mentioned at all?

I read something on TK that just perplexed me. I glanced at it and I quickly scrolled down to avoid the rest of the post. It's about a [BLACKOUT]mcguffin and how it's used to resurrect a certain character[/BLACKOUT].

I mean it's a big spoiler and if it is indeed true then it should have been spoiler tagged but it wasn't so maybe the info wasn't pertaining to KOTM. The [BLACKOUT]mcguffin[/BLACKOUT] was used in the original film and 3 more movies (heisei & millenium) so what I read could very well be about those movies. There's also a chance that I totally misinterpreted the exchange on TK and my thoughts are going in a completely different direction. So I'm just confused AF atm.

You've misinterpreted that.

[blackout] the Oxygen Destroyer is used against Godzilla and Ghidorah in their first fight, and nearly kills Godzilla. They then homage the original Oxygen Destroyer scene by having a nuke placed in front of Godzilla as he slumbers under the sea in an attempt to revive him.[/blackout]

As great as the cast is, and as awesome as that trailer was, I think the thing I'm most excited about here is Bear McCreary getting some big screen work.

As great as the cast is, and as awesome as that trailer was, I think the thing I'm most excited about here is Bear McCreary getting some big screen work.

the fact that he's going to use the Ifukube themes makes me :hmr:

That's cool. They used a little bit of it in Ready Player One as well.

[YT]RSIPaB3x6LI[/YT]

You've misinterpreted that.

[blackout] the Oxygen Destroyer is used against Godzilla and Ghidorah in their first fight, and nearly kills Godzilla. They then homage the original Oxygen Destroyer scene by having a nuke placed in front of Godzilla as he slumbers under the sea in an attempt to revive him.[/blackout]

Bloody hell, I didn't want to but I still took a peek at the blacked out part. Dammit !!!!! Thanks for the clarification tho. :up: :up:

''Battle of Kings'' by Daniel Taylor.

xInXc2M.jpg

The bottom head has an oriental look to it which is awesome. I hope one of the heads of KG from the movie will also have an oriental influence.

Those heads are all the same design though. The bottom one just has more detail as it's less enveloped by the "smoke". But it's the same as the other two. And King G's heads have always been identical except for the Heisei Mecha variant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"