Universal Monsters - Part 1

A new Dracula movie, "Dracula Untold" will be out soon, and it looks pretty awesome. I think that movie should be tied into 2010's The Wolfman with Benicio Del Toro. They should reboot The Mummy and Frankenstein into the same universe, and all of these films could be a build up to a teamup film. Getting all these characters in a modern movie is something I've always been interested in seeing.

maybe all the films could be a build up to a movie where Van Helsing has to take on all of these monsters. Van Helsing with Hugh Jackman is kind of a similar concept. It was a good idea, but it wasn't executed well. a good story could be crafted around this idea.

It'd be like The Avengers style build up and pay off for horror movie fans

Just saw this. I definately get the criticisms but nevertheless found it to be fun, if a little 'seen it all before' familiar. Cruise is as energetic, funny and likeable as always but Russell Crowe - my word, you do one helluva Ray Winstone impersonation, sir. :oldrazz:

Jesus, a drunk Winstone is actually a good description of his Hyde.

A new Dracula movie, "Dracula Untold" will be out soon, and it looks pretty awesome. I think that movie should be tied into 2010's The Wolfman with Benicio Del Toro. They should reboot The Mummy and Frankenstein into the same universe, and all of these films could be a build up to a teamup film. Getting all these characters in a modern movie is something I've always been interested in seeing.

maybe all the films could be a build up to a movie where Van Helsing has to take on all of these monsters. Van Helsing with Hugh Jackman is kind of a similar concept. It was a good idea, but it wasn't executed well. a good story could be crafted around this idea.

It'd be like The Avengers style build up and pay off for horror movie fans

Sounds exciting can't wait.

I wonder if the Creature From the Black Lagoon's storyline will be about finding out it can reproduce indefinitely and that it lays thousands of eggs at a time, and they need to hurry up and stop it before its offspring takes over the entire world. They can even have those timestamp world maps gradually filling with red to show how long before the whole world is full of Lagoon people. :woot:

Nothing will beat Brannagh's 1994 Frankesntein for me, terrificly scored, operatic brilliance

I wonder if the Creature From the Black Lagoon's storyline will be about finding out it can reproduce indefinitely and that it lays thousands of eggs at a time, and they need to hurry up and stop it before its offspring takes over the entire world. They can even have those timestamp world maps gradually filling with red to show how long before the whole world is full of Lagoon people. :woot:

Like the Godzilla movie with Matthew Broderick?

Like the Godzilla movie with Matthew Broderick?

Yeah, but with twice the budget. The climax will have an swarm of Creatures attacking New York City. With a tidal wave.

*gets World War Z flashbacks from that*

Eh, I feel like it would be one of the same issues The Mummy had in that, 'there needs to be a large climax just because' imo.

*gets World War Z flashbacks from that*

Eh, I feel like it would be one of the same issues The Mummy had in that, 'there needs to be a large climax just because' imo.

That's exactly the point. :woot:

I'm joking that they'll take what should be a more straight forward monster and try to ramp it up to imitate a huge, big-budget disaster movie (or several) in an attempt to get all the money and end up losing any sense of just making a good monster monster, and thus not really having any identity.

Ah, gotcha. :hehe:

They really should bring it back to a more horror-oriented universe.

Put a sky beam/portal in the 3rd act. 1B guaranteed.

No. There should be two sky beams instead. Innovation, people, c'mon. :o

giphy.gif

Oh my god, TWO skybeams!? That's it, no one's ever done that before!

Although seriously, imagine if the creature from the black lagoon takes on Lovecraftian themes and it's just one of many fish people kidnapping humans for their sunken elder gods to become more fish people. Everything's cooler with more Lovecraft.

I'm most interested in the Creature From the Black Lagoon, but not in the action/adventure/shared universe style they have presented. Cut the ***** Universal. I want to see The Abyss with a grotesque sea monster, Alien in the ocean!!! Horror! The Horror! Bring Clint Eastwood back, actor or director!

I heard that they want The Creature From The Black Lagoon to be female.
I hope that happens.

So I actually kinda liked the Mummy. I'm not saying loved. But like 7/10. Granted I was pretty stoned.

I'm gonna stay open-minded to this Dark Universe. Javier Bardem, Johnny Depp and Russell Crowe? Bring it on.

So I actually kinda liked the Mummy. I'm not saying loved. But like 7/10. Granted I was pretty stoned.

I'm gonna stay open-minded to this Dark Universe. Javier Bardem, Johnny Depp and Russell Crowe? Bring it on.

I would have said yes to Crowe till I saw his drunken sailor Hyde.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"