Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) - Part 1

Mosura is queen? Godzilla is king? King Kong? Is rodan a king of something too?

Uh, yes? It's pretty much obvious why.

Ah, so this is just an incredibly biased opinion where in your first post above you spoke as if your opinion was unadulterated fact when it's actually just your dislike of the movie.

I never said that I disliked the movie, just that I want GKoTM to have better spectacle than what I saw in IW. The fight on Titan with Thanos didn't look great to me neither the fight scene in Wakanda. I know it's my opinion but how was that a great spectacle ?

If that is not spectacle to you, then I have no idea what could be.

I get what he's saying, the battle on titan and even in Wakanda, felt like they were very self contained in the fact that we knew the galaxy was in danger but the world was completely oblivious to it. There was no city destruction or anything like that, it was pretty much an open field and a ruined landscape. I would argue the battles themselves were very exciting and one of the favorite battles in the MCU was the team facing off with Thanos, especially Dr Strange's 1v1 against Thanos was awesome even if it was a short lived battle. Still I get what he's saying. Some people might not consider throwing moons on a desolate planet spectacle.

Doesn't mean you have to word your opinion as fact.

Also how is Godzilla and the other kaiju duking it out and thrashing cities a bad thing? It's the whole point of the franchise. I can't believe this is an unironic argument being made.

IW had spectacle ?

I know it's my opinion but how was that a great spectacle ?

tumblr_mc42de4nTa1r7ge2r.gif

I don't really recall too many standout shots for IW other than what was in the trailer. Wakanda and Titan battles didn't do much for me. Hoping for something better with Godzilla

According to Merriam-Webster:

spectacle
noun
spec·ta·cle | \ ˈspek-ti-kəl also -ˌti-kəl \
Definition of spectacle

1a: something exhibited to view as unusual, notable, or entertaining

especially : an eye-catching or dramatic public display

So, all of the action set pieces in Inifinity War still qualify for “spectacle”, the definition of which never refers to size as a necessity.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

Infinity War pretty much was beginning to end “spectacle”, almost to its detriment narratively IMO (too much going on, same as Civil War, IMO, because the MCU with every movie being bigger and more spectacular than the last one).

It's also different kinds of spectacle. John Wick is going to be a different kind of spectacle compared to Godzilla or Avengers.

Not gunna lie, I wish Endgame would come out already so the Goji Marketing Blitz can begin

Thanos vs Strange, although short, is THE best display of esoteric super powers ever. I mean throwing black holes at each other? Are you ****ing kidding me? Or Thor jump starting the dying star then his arrival on Wakanda? How is that not "spectacle"?

This film will be a different type of spectacle though.. and it will be glorious.

Trailer 3 is coming! It is 2 minutes and 16 seconds. Fairly confident to say it will be shown in front of Game of Thrones

With the amount of viewers GoT is pulling in, this is an excellent idea. I do hope we see snippets of the footage shown at CinemaCon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"