Sequels "Going Wrath Of Khan":The Official MOS Action Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FanboyX_Returns said:
What Singer means with the "Wrath of Kahn" is that he will bring back a major badguy from SUPERMAN's past... One we have all seen before, and who he will bring back once more because he cant come up with one single original idea for any of his movies... Still trying to copy Richard Donner with a 3rd rate cast...

So yes it's going to be ZOD since you know he only knows the Donner/Reeve movies, and doesnt know about the comic book universe their based on, and well yes ZOD was in number 2... How wacky huh!
He will be in both Donners number 2, and Singers number 2!

Hey Bryan can Dave Chappelle get Richard Pryors job in the 3rd flop you direct for the WB! He would rule that part son!

The WB are just all nuts allowing this fool to ruin the entire theatrical life of Superman because after this mess with SR, and the mess that will come in 2009 its going to be a LONG LONG time before we get a restart... IF EVER!

Don't think Jude Law will make this movie into a big blockbuster in 09 if he gets cast... Dude hasn't really had any major hits in the past, and he's a good actor, and all that jazz but he doesnt put butts on the seats.

Heck the BATMAN casting of Heath Ledger as Joker would go down as a better casting job then Jude Law as ZOD! Trust me on that one...

I mean he is a great actor, and he would be a nice fit into any Superman movie or any Superhero movie for that matter.

But seriously nobody wants to hear him say... Kneel before ZOD! :up:

I mean please have some originality with the sequel I mean for godsakes man you already ruined part 1.. err 2.5?? Well were ever the movie fits into the Superman universe. :p
Or as others have stated..Singer is going to up the action and bring in a Supervillain..doesn't mean the Supervillain will be Zod....it could be Brainac.

ReTrO JuNkIe 42 said:
But come on why Zod
The only people who are talking about Zod are the people who don't want him in the movie, which I think is hilarious.

It´s totally irrelevant what Singer say that SR II will being like "Wrath of Kahn".
I can say whatever i want too....the only thing that matters is the results.

Oh I think he plans to mirror wrath of khan quite a bit... quite a bit.

Think back to the circumstances Kirk left his own son in and how he reunited with him years later. Oh yes... Jason's going to be Pissed like David and maybe we'll have a superpowered showdown.

C. Lee said:
There are ten Trek movies. When polls are made...the 2 Trek films that predominately come out as the best are "Wrath of Khan" and "First Contact".

Khan was the second film....Contact was the eighth.

Since it takes six more movies before one is considered better than Khan....it's rep is pretty good.

Khan is important to the franchise, because it changed the direction (uniforms, sets, secondary characters, etc...) that the first one had....and they continued until the end of the run of the "original" character's series (it's stuff was carried into the seventh movie).

So...Star Trek the Motion Picture started the movie franchise (and almost killed it)....and Khan managed to resurrect it, make it better, and continue for decades.

Ah, Sssank yooooo...

Borat.jpg

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think people are putting waaaaaaay too much into Singers mention of "Wraith of Khan". I think it was a throw away comment thats suddenly become a huge piece of over-analyzation.

Lighthouse said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think people are putting waaaaaaay too much into Singers mention of "Wraith of Khan". I think it was a throw away comment thats suddenly become a huge piece of over-analyzation.
Remember though...he is a big Trek fan (has appeared in a Trek movie and used themes from the films before)....so it could mean something.

C. Lee said:
Remember though...he is a big Trek fan (has appeared in a Trek movie and used themes from the films before)....so it could mean something.
Yeah he is a big Trek fan, which is why I think he used "Wraith of Khan" instead of another reference like "Terminator 2" or "Aliens" in referencing a sequel that would be more action packed than the first. Since he's a fan, thats the first reference he though of to use. I may be wrong, but I honestly think thats all there is to it. I don't think theres any incredible secret meaning behind it.

Weadazoid said:
Does Singer even know what he is really talking about? I just don
t get it.. I know the whole someone that knows Superman and is from his past thing really spouted alot of this ZOd talk... but first of all it's a terrible idea..and really it aint like Wrath at all.

The thing that made Wrath so great was... the history that was created by the Show... Kahn was without a doubt one of Kircks greatest enemies and the plot they weaved around Khan to make mae him even more insane and out for Kircks blood was Dynamic.....

There is no TV show plot to draw from ..... so what you bring back Zod.... even though Zod died....something clearly very diferent from Khan who was left ona City Alpha that then became a wasteland.

Where is the mad revenge plot? Zod didn't have to suffer through anything he was made human and then frozen if anything.

So what Luthor goes back and gets Zods Body and somehow makes him Kryptonina again? But where is the need for Wrath???? where is the prolonged suffering?

Does Singer even know why the Wrath of Khan was so great???
IT MEANS THE VILLIAN IN THE NEXT FILM WILL BE MEXICAN.

Trooper said:
hes trying to tell us he wont go with the romantic bull**** and this time, he will go for a kick ass sci-fi movie which is mindblowing... kinda like wrath of khan, which lets admit, was a good movie when it came out.
Still is a good movie. And it was great because it was written by three guys who had no connections to Star Trek, watched it, and saw it's pure form and the things that made it work as they wathed all the episodes for the first time and got it. Then they translated that into the script. Acutally I believe they had 5 scripts and Meyer came on board, only thing he knew about Star Trek was it was that TV show with the guy with the big ears, and picked and choosed the things they liked out of the 5 scripts and congealed them into one. Then Shatner looked at it, as well as Nimoy, and they wanted some changes and Meyer took a few days and rewrote it and that was it. But it was a guy who did not know Star Trek that saved it, much like Puzo, Donner and Makelweitcz didn't know Superman avidly, but they did their research and got the character really well.

Well Singer already made a reference to The Wrath of Khan in X-Men 2 killing off Jean Grey, and having her voice over into the credits like Spock did at the end of The Wrath of Khan, dying and the voice over ending.

i'm not sure why it "HAS TO BE" zod based on his comments. Why can't brainiac be the one seeking revenge? He is technically from kal-el's past and knows the character really well. I'm not so sure about the revenge angle, but i'm sure they could come up with something.

That's what bored me to death in the last two Matrix films, that Neo and Smith weren't even able to physically hurt eachother. They couldn't even knock eachother out, rediculous!

Apellation said:
I think I don't want to see a 2 hour long fight. :o

I don't want to see a 2 hour pus** superhero either.

Do you believe in balance, my friend?

The Question said:
No. Superman VS. Darkseid should result in a very dead Superman. The Captain Marvel one's nice, though.

Is Drakseid powerful to the point of killing Superman?
I thought only doomsday was able to accomplish such a thing.

Darkseid's powerful enough to take on the entire Pre Crisis Legion of Super Heroes, including Superboy and Supergirl, all at once. He's a DCU threat, not a Superman threat. Plus, Darkseid's Omega Effect could simply wipe Clark out of existence instantly if he wished it to.

The captain marvel one was kool.I would like to see something like that..

that captain marvel fight, is the best motion picture superman fight that exists. There isn't one that is better. It has everything except heat vision I think. Even the TAs fights with Darksied didn't match up to this one. Nor did the finale fight with Darksied. The Captain Marvel vs. Superman fight is the best there has ever been, so far.

And yes, I hope Singer uses it as a reference for a sequel battle.

Singer was scared of metropolis actually being in danger... do you honestly think that he'd use any form of fight

His wrath of khan bull**** is just a ploy...

balance is key...good story...good action. You DONT have to sacrifice one for the other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"