Superman Returns Do you think the beginning of SR will be like the beginning of Star Trek III?

TheSumOfGod

Avenger
Reaction score
Bryan Singer is a HUGE Star Trek fan, we all know this. From his cameo on the bridge of the Enterprise in ST: Nemesis, to his totally ripping-off the end of The Wrath of Khan for X2, the man loves his Trek. Star Trek III started with the end of The Wrath of Khan, when Spock dies. Do you think SR will start with the end of Superman 2 (redone with Routh), when General Zod dies? Just wondering.

??

honestly? no..i really think it will be like The first superman..starting with comic bood screens..then moving off toward the stars...superman music Blazing..and updated Supes Wording..you know the blue names.. then we will arrive in space with the ship and supes asleep inside..he wakes up and we start to see the remains of Krypton.

That is true..

ZOD : "kneel before ZOD!"

Superman : "**** that zod!!! i'm avin ya."

TheSumOfGod said:
Bryan Singer is a HUGE Star Trek fan, we all know this. From his cameo on the bridge of the Enterprise in ST: Nemesis, to his totally ripping-off the end of The Wrath of Khan for X2, the man loves his Trek. Star Trek III started with the end of The Wrath of Khan, when Spock dies. Do you think SR will start with the end of Superman 2 (redone with Routh), when General Zod dies? Just wondering.

No, Singer said he wont be redoing scenes from the first two with Routh. He will however recap previous events in another form.

Seems to be a mix of footage from the films and comic pages.

I thought that Singer was filling in the blanks in that Donner left behind? Different stages in Clark's childhood in Smallville and what not.

Star Trek? People actually watch that old movie anymore.:p I mean c'mon its in bloddy black and white.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
??

honestly? no..i really think it will be like The first superman..starting with comic bood screens..then moving off toward the stars...superman music Blazing..and updated Supes Wording..you know the blue names.. then we will arrive in space with the ship and supes asleep inside..he wakes up and we start to see the remains of Krypton.
Testify!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

explode7 said:
Star Trek? People actually watch that old movie anymore.:p I mean c'mon its in bloddy black and white.
Star Trek III came out in 1984, man. I seem to recall color being around at least a few years before that.

I want a review of past events in the opening akin to Superman II...with Routh, Spacey and Bosworth in the place Reeve, HackMan, and Kidder.

That will clarify whats changed and whats the same.

Kane said:
I want a review of past events in the opening akin to Superman II...with Routh, Spacey and Bosworth in the place Reeve, HackMan, and Kidder.

That will clarify whats changed and whats the same.

HackMan? Is he like NuclearMan?

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
??

I WILL be like the opening in Superman 1!:up: This superman is a timeless film (acording to Singer).. It stands as a loner, but it will richten your experience if you watch the first two superman movies... But there will be NO exactly references to superman 2 in the opening of Returns, that you can count on.

I think there will be some NODS to Star Trek...Singer really digs it, as he should. He had Trek nods in X-MEN and X-MEN 2...and supposedly he had some in Usual Suspects, but I can't remember what they were. Hmmm...this is off topic, but I think Mr. Singer could totally revitalize Star Trek, if given the chance. He certainly has passion for it!

I have never seen Star Trek in any form so I wouldn't know.

Showtime029 said:
I have never seen Star Trek in any form so I wouldn't know.
stunned.gif

Wha....? Really? WOW! I mean, really... WOW!!!! LOL

I think it will start off opening in the universe and we hear unheard dialogue from Jor-El.

I guess it would be a backward step, but I've always loved the idea of doing some quick recap shots (ala beginning of SII) using Routh instead.

I woulda dug it.

KrypJonian said:
I guess it would be a backward step, but I've always loved the idea of doing some quick recap shots (ala beginning of SII) using Routh instead.

I woulda dug it.

Thatd be awesome.

AgentPat said:
stunned.gif

Wha....? Really? WOW! I mean, really... WOW!!!! LOL

None of the movies, none of the t.v. show incarnations.

I haven't seen any of the newer Star War movies, even though they are really the first 3.

I haven't seen any of the James Bond movies.

I have probably seen more movies than most, but none of the above.

:ghost: :up:

Showtime029 said:
None of the movies, none of the t.v. show incarnations.
That's just... wrong. LOL I can't imagine growing up w/o having some Trek on the tube.

I haven't seen any of the newer Star War movies, even though they are really the first 3.
I've seen 'em, but the last two I just waited for the DVD. Sacrilege, I know.

I haven't seen any of the James Bond movies.
I stopped watching when Roger Moore left. LOL

I have probably seen more movies than most, but none of the above.
Well, we probably have something in common then 'cause I've seen a LOT of films as well, but many are older pics. The new stuff today just doesn't blow my skirt up most of the time.

Hey, Showtime, where in Boston are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"