R.L. Stine's Fear Street - The Movie

I watched the first 2 parts when they dropped, but haven't gotten around to part 3 yet. will do that tonight!

I thought this was genius way to handle one of Stines properties, makes me hopeful they’ll do something similar in tone for Goosebumps.

This trilogy lost me when it was revealed that the villain
wasn't a 300 year old vengeful witch and a curse, but rather Sheriff Barney Fife. The icing on that **** cake was the Sheriff, armed with a gun, the legal authority of his county and the state, and the power to trade lives for favors from the devil, walking into a transparent trap and not being able to kill two unarmed children, a pothead, and a recluse. He didn't even need to get his hands dirty. All 4 had stolen a police car, broken into a mall, committed a lot of vandalism, had a minor restrained against her will, and were in possession of a decomposing hand. Three of them were even directly connected to two different massacres. Sheriff could have called in backup and let the justice system deal with the 4. No one would have believed their ravings about witches, curses, and deals with the devil.

And I still can't believe that the sheriff and his brother's greatest ambitions were to be sheriff and mayor of a little town.

Despite that, the trilogy has a lot to like, and I'll probably rewatch it. 7/10

I recently watched all these three movies and I was very entertained by it.
It was the most fun I have in a long time watching horror movies.

I really loved these kind of horror movies where there is a bit of Friday 13th, Scream, IT, and Stranger Things mixed together.

My favorite of all three are 1666, followed by 1994, and 1978. I really liked the lead actress from 1994 and 1666.

It looks interesting but I've seen some very mixed reviews.

Man I’m slacking because I’ve had the 3 movies on my list on Netflix and haven’t watched them yet. I need to get on that soon.

Man I’m slacking because I’ve had the 3 movies on my list on Netflix and haven’t watched them yet. I need to get on that soon.

Wasn't a fan of the first one but the other two are great substitutes for anyone wanting more Stranger Things like content.
Fear Street writer/director Leigh Janiak is married to one of the Duffer Brothers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"