DC TV Series Gotham Knights Series In Development at CW

I will remain cautiously optimistic about this. I’ve really enjoyed this season of Batwoman, so if it’s like that or better, I’ll give it a shot.

but yeah, it’s weird how Batman is rarely seen but always such a big presence in these shows.
Surely we are past the days of smallville where they can’t possibly have 2 different versions on screen at the same time.

With 3 different versions of him on film coming up, why can’t we see him on tv too?

DC is killing their brand by green lighting all these trash CW shows

Yes WB is tainting the brand with these "shows". I doubt DC Comics have much to say about these things anymore, besides being a IP farm.

Maybe lightning does strike twice and we get something as good as Superman&Lois, who knows.

In all these shows, Batman is either missing, or he left, or he’s not even Batman yet, and now he’s dead…:doh:

I dont know if having him gone isnt the best idea considering they said yes to Gotham having Batman in the final shot...and i wished i never had to see that. XD

But this whole "cant use this or that character" is something that is pissing me off for a while now.
Let these characters breath for christ sake, so what if Batman shows up in a CW show, so what if the Joker is in a show...stop acting like those characters are some sacred figure only the elite is allowed to tackle.
You dinguses gave Batman and Superman to Zack Snyder for christ sake, if you give him the two most famous comic book characters in the world, you can give it to others.

In all these shows, Batman is either missing, or he left, or he’s not even Batman yet, and now he’s dead…:doh:
You're getting like the 7th Batman on film. :o

Till the time Matt Reeve's "The Batman" trilogy is going on, we will not get another Batman in his prime, either in TV series or in DCEU movies.

So, in all non Matt Reeve movies / TV shows, it's going to be Batman who's more than 70 years old (like Keaton in DCEU and Batman in Titans) or missing or dead. :doh:

And, therein lies the problem, WB won't allow another competing version of Batman (in his 30's) as long as Matt Reeve's "The Batman" franchise is going, which basically holds back all other shows/ DCEU movies.

What they should have done is to just recast Affleck (as he wanted out) by some other actor (like - Jon Hamm / Anson Mount) and got some one in his 30's for TV series.

You know what they say

giphy.gif

'Gotham Knights' Casts Olivia Keegan, Navia Robinson, Oscar Morgan - Variety

Keegan will play Duela. Described as abrasive, unpredictable and a little unhinged, Duela is, above all, a survivor. Born in Arkham Asylum and abandoned by her father – the most dangerous man in Gotham – Duela forged herself into a brutal fighter and skilled thief.

Keegan’s onscreen roles include appearing in nearly 300 episodes of the classic soap opera “Days of our Lives.” Most recently, she starred as Lily in “High School Musical: The Musical: The Series” at Disney Plus. She also recently filmed a role in the Amazon series “Daisy Jones and the Six.”

She is repped by Paradigm, Artistic Endeavors, and Schreck Rose.

Robinson will play Carrie Kelley. Fearless, idealistic and plucky as hell, Carrie talked her way into being Batman’s unlikely sidekick. If there’s a burning building or a person in need, she’s the first to rush in. Just as long as she’s home by curfew.

Robinson is best known for her starring role in the Disney Channel series “Raven’s Home,” a follow-up to “That’s So Raven.” Her other credits include “Being Mary Jane,” “Free Rein,” and “The Rocketeer.”

She is repped by CESD and Industry Entertainment.

Morgan will play Turner Hayes. Despite the murder of his biological parents, Turner remains resilient and driven to live up to his billionaire adoptive father’s name. While charming and soulful, Turner has never quite felt comfortable in this world of wealth and privilege.

Sounds a bit like it is going a bit more YA, then expected. A Bat themed YA show, ala Runaways and Cloak & Dagger could be fun.

Black Carrie Kelley is really going to bring out the chuds, though.

With this one, I wont even watch the trailers.

At the end of the day, if the tone is more Gotham than The Batman, I think I could have fun.

I found a forum to use as a sounding board.

I'm still waiting for the day I get a tv show starring a Bruce Wayne that becomes Batman (as an adult), but I'll take the movies in the meantime.

I don't have a problem with this show necessarily since it's on another earth, but I do have some concerns

- If this show is greenlit, who's the big bad of the series, there is no way they'll stay fugitives for longer than a season or 2.

- I can only name like 10 children of villains from DC, 2 of them are on other DC shows, so I am hoping that like Batwoman with Beth Kane that Duela will become a series villain and not a wasted "good guy".

- I do have a feeling that that the adopted son and Duela might be paired up romantically .

- The name Robin will be taken since Carrie is active so what will the adopted son call himself, will the writers take the Nightwing name or the Red Hood name, or will they make up a new one ...unless Carrie is not Robin and is instead Batgirl; but can that name even be used with the Batgirl movie in production.

- A site mentioned seeing the casting sheet description for characters like Spoiler, Julia Pennyworth, and Tiffany Fox, will they still pop up or have those characters been scrapped.

- Also where are the dudes, there's only 2, this show is skewing young, we know what that means, and outside of the comic fans who may give this show a chance, the shippers won't if there isn't a lot of eye candy and shipping candidates.

Anyway ignore this, just voicing thoughts into the void.
Sounds a bit like it is going a bit more YA, then expected. A Bat themed YA show, ala Runaways and Cloak & Dagger could be fun.

CW already kind of has their YA DC themed show with Stargirl, but I guess they want something a bit darker and maybe that show is considered an HBOMax show.

I also feel like this show is possibly competing with that Justice U show the CW wants to do even if that show can skew older.
Black Carrie Kelley is really going to bring out the chuds, though.

It's funny, before most of the audition tapes were deleted one of them was more than likely for Tiffany Fox ...but I guess they changed their mind, I mean she can still be in the show just not a batgirl.

lol wonder if he’s gonna catch hell for getting ahead of a press release.

Curious if he'll get to become Two-Face, considering Gotham's version of Harvey Dent never got to become him.

I was ready to write this show off (definitely still not excited for it) but this casting has me 10% intrigued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"