Gotham Gotham Season 2, Episode 12 "Mr. Freeze"

Having only watched the first season, and this Freeze arc being suggested as an opportunity to give Gotham another chance, I didn't know what to expect. I must say I enjoyed this episode more than anything from season 1. I'm definitely watching the next few episodes.

It's heartening to see those kinds of posts and they are getting more common. It is both a result of the show's objective improvements and the hater spell on the show finally being confronted and found lacking.

Hugo Strange was great, Mr Freeze and Nora... well they're alright.

My issue with the episode is- it didn't feel like any episode that preceded it. With Batman villains roaming around Gotham in this episode it felt like a legit Batman series! And they weren't "See, this guy will become that guy" easter egg-y villains, they were fully formed- well, maybe Fries less so but still.

I'm proclaiming it the best episode of the series! Sue me!

Gotham really stopped beating it over your head with the "wink-wink-nudge-nudge-see-that-girl-is-named-ivy-and-she-has-a-lot-of-flowers" moments long ago.

To clarify my previous statements I thought this one was very competently made but it lacked some of the charm of some previous outings. That said it was mostly a setting-the-tables type of episode.

For the life of me I can't figture out why the ratings are so low. The show is excellent.

Batman must emerge, not for the hardcore fans, but for rating sake.

I would not mind a fast forward with Batman thinking back to his days as the teenaged Bruce Wayne.

You do know that no comic book show on television has higher ratings than Gotham right now? Right?

Gotham had 4.12 million viewers last week and Supergirl had 6.69 viewers last week.

Gotham had 4.12 million viewers last week and Supergirl had 6.69 viewers last week.
... which does not matter one iota. All that matters is the demographics. That's what people mean when they speak about ratings.

The scene with Penguin in Arkham was extremely campy. Jessica Lucas :hmr:

Great intro to Hugo Strange, and I like Wong as him.

Also the freeze effects were cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"