Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 21/22 - "Destiny Calling/ Heavydirtysoul"

Though it did provide an excellent opportunity for someone else to drastically oversell what a bad seed Jim is.

Oswald, a gangster who has killed plenty, cries over the body of Fish Mooney, another gangster who has also killed plenty, AND WHO HE PREVIOUSLY KILLED!: "You're the REAL monster, Jim!"

Looking forward to dat Iceberg Lounge tho.

Yeah, at this part I was going "....really?"

Whatever happened to that kid that played Jonathan Crane?

I think it was Danny Cannon who said at WonderCon that should Gotham get a season 4, they'd revisit the Scarecrow storyline, so hopefully they'll go back to that.

Maybe actually bring back Montoya and Allen while they're at it. :funny:

Riddler, Solomon Grundy, and Scarecrow should form a group since they were members of the Legion of Doom.

I wish they bring in Green Lantern Alan Scott and Doctor Mid-Nite to show Bruce inspirations for a superhero career.

The problem with that is Bruno Heller, the producer, doesn't think superheroes work on TV, because of the costumes. So unless Alan and the doctor are just shown wearing suits and ties,
they probably won't be on Gotham. And if they aren't in costume, what's the point?

http://screenrant.com/gotham-bruno-heller-superheroes-tv/

I really do wish they would throw in some additional characters on the heroic side of things rather than just pile on more villains.... Either of the characters you mention, Slam Bradley, Zatara, etc.

Those two could work because neither one wears a costume.

Gotta say, that was quite a satisfying Season Finale. And I agree, Alexander Siddig was PERFECT as Ra's Al Ghul! Far better than that poor excuse of a Ra's on Arrow anyhoo. Gotham got his character down right from the get-go, and I also thought it was great the way he disappeared, knowing that he will be facing Bruce again in the future.

And Butch is becoming Solomon Grundy huh? Never saw that coming. Awesome that the Iceberg Lounge is coming and can I say that without being creepy, that Camren Bicondova is blossoming into quite the attractive young lady. I do sorta like the scenes between her and Mazous's Bruce - and as for Bruce and the reveal at the end. Not bad... not bad at all. Like somebody said earlier, I hope we'll see the Sionis family introduced soon and maybe in Season 4, will Bruce try to retake Wayne Enterprises and reinstate Lucius into the company.

The problem with that is Bruno Heller, the producer, doesn't think superheroes work on TV, because of the costumes. So unless Alan and the doctor are just shown wearing suits and ties,
they probably won't be on Gotham. And if they aren't in costume, what's the point?
Bruno Heller appears to have lost almost all influence on Gotham.

I thought this was the two worst edited Gotham episodes, more to come...

And apparently TV Line has been told that Barbara is not Harley Quinn. Make of that what you will.

tumblr_or3s1fwAmo1unsbsso1_400.gif
tumblr_or3s1fwAmo1unsbsso2_400.gif

tumblr_or3s1fwAmo1unsbsso3_400.gif
tumblr_or3s1fwAmo1unsbsso4_400.gif

tumblr_or3s1fwAmo1unsbsso5_400.gif
tumblr_or3s1fwAmo1unsbsso6_400.gif

Very Smallville Season 9-ish. I do like outfits like this that act as prototypes leading up to the suits we know them to wear.

Also, if you look at the mask, it is very cowl like. Also like Red Robin's cowl; just add ears and you'll have a first generation bat cowl.

Yeah it reminded me of Smallville, but here it works.

Plus I bet it was a nod to Mask of the Phantasm.

tumblr_n2lb8kKggq1rrkahjo2_250.gif

So apparently the young girl that Bruce saved at the end of the episode was Harleen Quinzel.

So apparently the young girl that Bruce saved at the end of the episode was Harleen Quinzel.

Based on what? If so they did a very poor job of selling it. If she was supposed to be Harleen they should have had her showing glee while Bruce was beating the crap out of the mugger.
A crazed, maniacal look on her face. Like she was enjoying the violence. Instead of just looking like a scared little girl.

Based on what? If so they did a very poor job of selling it. If she was supposed to be Harleen they should have had her showing glee while Bruce was beating the crap out of the mugger.
A crazed, maniacal look on her face. Like she was enjoying the violence. Instead of just looking like a scared little girl.

To be fair though, was her personality really like that before she met the Joker in Arkham?

I wouldn't have even considered this if I hadn't found out about it.

What's the point, then? There's nothing that even alluded to her being Harley (she wasn't blonde, even) and she could have been just another nameless extra.

I wouldn't have even considered this if I hadn't found out about it.

What's the point, then? There's nothing that even alluded to her being Harley (she wasn't blonde, even) and she could have been just another nameless extra.

[YT]rsh8ZxXzsCY[/YT]

I haven't seen any official confirmation that the girl was Harleen so I think its a fan theory for now. Maybe someone will ask about it at comic con.

Hopefully. There was kind of a big fussing about that actress's casting, wasn't it?

I remember some people speculating she'd be Talia before the finale premiered.

And apparently TV Line has been told that Barbara is not Harley Quinn. Make of that what you will.

Thanks Kathemy

But I have since been assured it was not, nor are there any plans at this time for HQ to surface on the TV series.)

So please can we put the rumor "robbed girl at the end is HQ" to rest until we have more info from legit source like TVline (and the fan-edited Wiki article is NOT legit source). I see this theory circulating over Reddit and people eat it up which just makes me smh. And about the previous statements from the show's producers that HQ will appear in this season, they also used to say that Ivy would "set her sight on Bruce" and Jim would become "an iconic character" but those statements never materialize -> they change their mind quite often.

Btw the actress was credited as "Daughter" and doesn't seem to have a solid resume. Even Clare Foley who was given a bland role was in a few films before Gotham. I'm not saying HQ actress needs an impressive resume but still.

More Bruce and Selena angst. Was to be expected. Great acting by David and Camren in that scene.

Yeah Camren and David act off each other really well and have very good chemistry. And I said Camren and David not Selina and Bruce because in the scenes with Selina and the clone their tension is quite different but still great. OTOH Ben and Morena don't have an ounce of chemistry even though they are a couple irl.

I quite enjoy these two episodes (glad everyone seems so too) but the first had to compete with Bachelorette and pulled in 1.0 demo while the second was aired with a bunch of reruns but still lost viewers to 0.9 -> general audience apparently have quite different taste than fans.

Last edited:
Very Smallville Season 9-ish. I do like outfits like this that act as prototypes leading up to the suits we know them to wear.

Also, if you look at the mask, it is very cowl like. Also like Red Robin's cowl; just add ears and you'll have a first generation bat cowl.

Yeah it reminded me of Smallville, but here it works.

Plus I bet it was a nod to Mask of the Phantasm.

tumblr_n2lb8kKggq1rrkahjo2_250.gif

I agree, It felt very Smallville-ish in how they portrayed Bruce being a little crime fighter in disguise. (I loved how they showed a development from Clark getting to the suit slowly in a way that made sense to Smallville's development of the character so I thought it worked there too). It makes me interested in how they are going to develop certain elements of his character(the utility belt and weapons, the batarang, etc) Gotham style and how big are they going to chose to set up Bruce's proto-Batman stage before he actually makes that leap.

I love how everyone's journey just came together in this finale. It's interesting to see where season 4 will take them.:woot:

To be fair though, was her personality really like that before she met the Joker in Arkham?

Harleen was depicted as being evil in the WB TV series Birds of Prey. True she was an adult by then. But have we ever gotten that much of
Harleen before she became Harley? Did any of the animated versions explore that much? Or the comic books?

This was a pretty fun finale.

I'm with those who thought of Smallville when they showed Bruce of the rooftop.

Will be fun to see where they take the show.

Glad to see Gotham finally seems to be breaking its habit of having disappointing finales.

Glad to see Gotham finally seems to be breaking its habit of having disappointing finales.

Eh. Aside from the execution of Fish's "demise", I liked the first one.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve liked all the previous finales (mid-season finales included, although this season’s mid likewise managed to buck this issue as well) but what always seems to happen with them (and the premieres as well) is they always feel rushed with them stuffing 2 or more episodes worth of content into 1 episode, to use the season 1 finale as an example, Fish arrives and they cut to three weeks later completely skipping past the important bits in-between, (also I have issues with her Dollmaker arc in that season after she is put on the outs with Falcone, I strongly believe she should have gone to Maroni and worked with him as she slowly built her forces while he is constantly demeaning her with her in a position to do nothing but bide her, properly setting up her killing him in the finale) with Selina joining her, and Sal and Carmines’ forces warring.

Last edited:
Yeah, I liked how this season final was the final two episodes aired in one night. Even though it was done because of the delay earlier in the season, I hope they do the same next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"