Gotham Gotham Season 3 Episode 21/22 - "Destiny Calling/ Heavydirtysoul"

Watched the two hour finale a few days ago. Not sure what to say. It was messy. I really loved season 2 and the finale, and I've enjoyed season 3, for the most part, except I think having Gordon kill Mario was maybe a step too far.

Gordon killed Theo Galivan in season 2, but I thought it was a good turning point in the series. Gordon made a big mistake, which I thought of as part of his journey.

But season 3, I've enjoyed Penguin and Riddler's friendship, but I feel like turning them into enemies was too soon though. But I loved seeing how Nygma transformed into Riddler. If anything this series has done right, it's character development, specifically with the villains.

Bruce Wayne on the other hand...I think they're moving too fast. Some might have considered season 2 to be taking Bruce's origins to the next level too quickly, but I thought it was fine in season 2. But season 3, he's already met Ras Al Ghul...

I'm fine with Bruce acting as a vigliante, it might be better if it was just a first attempt though. Still...

Ras Al Ghul?...and the actor...I was not impressed by the choice. But I still have to give them props for giving RAG the proper hair style from the comics. But Ras Al Ghul...now? Bruce is what, 15? "We'll meet soon"...but shouldn't Bruce after this experience, not be able to trust Ras Al Ghul? But he'll go to the north Asian country in a few years and be trained by Ras Al Ghul anyways? Someone who just encouraged him to kill his butler.

This season finale though...Penguin and Riddler trying to kill each other again felt redundant and a little tiresome, but at least it had a twist. Why did it have to be the same location though? That's my point. Killing Penguin at the Gotham Bay. Penguin is of course greedy, power-hungry, and vengeful, granted, but doesn't Oswald ever get tired of it?

It's nice to see Freeze, Ivy, Penguin and Riddler altogether though. I've grown enormously tired of Barbara. I don't doubt she'll be back which is unfortunate.

Why did they have Fish Mooney return only to have her killed off? And Penguin suddenly mourns over her loss? Really felt like they wasted Fish Mooney in the finale.

As for the main plot, I always felt like Lee and Gordon were meant to be together. They were the perfect couple, but did they have to go down this path Does everyone in Gotham have to transform into some monstrous creature?

Watched the two hour finale a few days ago. Not sure what to say. It was messy. I really loved season 2 and the finale, and I've enjoyed season 3, for the most part, except I think having Gordon kill Mario was maybe a step too far.

Gordon killed Theo Galivan in season 2, but I thought it was a good turning point in the series. Gordon made a big mistake, which I thought of as part of his journey.

But season 3, I've enjoyed Penguin and Riddler's friendship, but I feel like turning them into enemies was too soon though. But I loved seeing how Nygma transformed into Riddler. If anything this series has done right, it's character development, specifically with the villains.

Bruce Wayne on the other hand...I think they're moving too fast. Some might have considered season 2 to be taking Bruce's origins to the next level too quickly, but I thought it was fine in season 2. But season 3, he's already met Ras Al Ghul...

I'm fine with Bruce acting as a vigliante, it might be better if it was just a first attempt though. Still...

Ras Al Ghul?...and the actor...I was not impressed by the choice. But I still have to give them props for giving RAG the proper hair style from the comics. But Ras Al Ghul...now? Bruce is what, 15? "We'll meet soon"...but shouldn't Bruce after this experience, not be able to trust Ras Al Ghul? But he'll go to the north Asian country in a few years and be trained by Ras Al Ghul anyways? Someone who just encouraged him to kill his butler.

This season finale though...Penguin and Riddler trying to kill each other again felt redundant and a little tiresome, but at least it had a twist. Why did it have to be the same location though? That's my point. Killing Penguin at the Gotham Bay. Penguin is of course greedy, power-hungry, and vengeful, granted, but doesn't Oswald ever get tired of it?

It's nice to see Freeze, Ivy, Penguin and Riddler altogether though. I've grown enormously tired of Barbara. I don't doubt she'll be back which is unfortunate.

Why did they have Fish Mooney return only to have her killed off? And Penguin suddenly mourns over her loss? Really felt like they wasted Fish Mooney in the finale.

As for the main plot, I always felt like Lee and Gordon were meant to be together. They were the perfect couple, but did they have to go down this path Does everyone in Gotham have to transform into some monstrous creature?

At least this time they hired someone from the Middle-East (Sudan) to play Ra's Al Ghul, instead of an Irishman (Batman Begins) or an Australian (Arrow).

"We'll meet soon"...but shouldn't Bruce after this experience, not be able to trust Ras Al Ghul? But he'll go to the north Asian country in a few years and be trained by Ras Al Ghul anyways? Someone who just encouraged him to kill his butler.
Gotham isn't a prequel to the Nolanverse. Gotham is simply taking inspirations from Nolanverse lately, and I think it's entirely to its detriment.

Gotham isn't a prequel to the Nolanverse. Gotham is simply taking inspirations from Nolanverse lately, and I think it's entirely to its detriment.

I think with Bruce already being a vigilante they will probably skip the travel to foreign lands to train part of the story. I guess I need to watch Batman Begins again sometime,
but I don't recall Bruce doing any vigilante action prior to training with Ra's. Anyone else remember?

Anyone think that Gordon and Lee are done for good? It kind of sucks.

I think with Bruce already being a vigilante they will probably skip the travel to foreign lands to train part of the story. I guess I need to watch Batman Begins again sometime,
but I don't recall Bruce doing any vigilante action prior to training with Ra's. Anyone else remember?
It was a bit fuzzy. He went abroad and disappeared, apparently got in with some gangs, stealed to eat, etc etc, got thrown in prison, and beat up a whole lot of guys in prison. But yeah, no. He didn't really "fight crime" beforehand.

I wish they hadn't added Ra's but since they did it's good they chose Siddig.

I didn't like Season 1 and 2 much , but Season 3 was epic in every way. Showing so much villians and their development was really cool. Im looking forward to see the rivarly between Joker and Penguin - this was really cool moment in this season. I also , can't understand why a lot of people don't like the show. I mean it shows the early days of Bruce Wayne and his progress. Yes , i also think that 22 episodes are a lot and could be reduced to 15 , 16 or something , but the show is quite good and as a DC fan i love it. :oldrazz:

I can't believe how good Gotham Season 3 was, I was expecting to hate it after dis long Season 2 but it ended up been my favourite of the DC TV shows this year.

Just a few random thoughts about the finale itself.

- I knew Butch [blackout)was Grundy. Something clicked for me a few episodes ago[/blackout]
- Cat picking up the whip felt right.
- it was so obvious Lee would leave a note, predictable
- Bruce the vigilante, **** yeah!

im new to the series, i been binge watching it. excellent show. imo this show will go down as one of the greatest shows on tv ever.

season 3 final three episode deserve an oscar.

the final scene of season 3 episode 21 was epic. where the people were getting mugged. then bruce saved them. gave off a sense of there is still hope and things are gonna change for the better

Soild finale. We are getting closer to Batman & Catwoman! But more importantly, the Iceberg lounge!! (Ice Riddler should be on display there lol. Lee actually was able to add something to the show with the virus after boring me to death in recent episodes. Can't wait for season 4.

Soild finale. We are getting closer to Batman & Catwoman! But more importantly, the Iceberg lounge!! (Ice Riddler should be on display there lol. Lee actually was able to add something to the show with the virus after boring me to death in recent episodes. Can't wait for season 4.
Trust me, you'll love season 4!

Iceberg Lounge was definitely the most anticipated part, next to Ra''s and Bruce next shift to Batman. I forgot the Whisper Gang was still playing a good part in this episode.

Trust me, you'll love season 4!

Iceberg Lounge was definitely the most anticipated part, next to Ra''s and Bruce next shift to Batman. I forgot the Whisper Gang was still playing a good part in this episode.

I really need to see it right now but not sure where to. Netflix (UK) only has the first 3 seasons at the moment. :(

Yeah, I look forward to seeing the long term plot to do with Ra’s. It would also be nice to see Bruce start making small improvements to his getup, maybe with Lucius’ help. So much potential for this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"