Gotham Gotham Season 4 Episode 20- A Dark Knight: “That Old Corpse"

Bumping for new 'Jerome' trailer that contains footage from this episode:

[YT]ngcUM__CZFs[/YT]

And this is why the GCPD should've just torched Jerome's corpse and save themselves the potential future trouble.

I do like the subtle differences in how Monaghan is playing Jeremiah. He's more reserved and unsuspecting as of now, whereas Jerome was very much in your face and all about the spectacle.

And Jeremiah being so reserved and calculating, I feel, could potentially make him more of a threat than Jerome ever was.

Damn, Jeremiah's starting to be terrifying. Still have no idea how he turned back to normal, but at least we know the Joker toxin did affect him mentally.

Jeremiah! Holy s***! You clever mother****er you!

Please. Jim's got super strong plot armor. He won't be killed by a simple explosion. But good episode. Probably my favorite since Scarecrow and Hatter sprung Jerome free. And real intricate plan that Jeremiah would dress up as Jerome for the purpose of making those tapes to carry out this plan. That takes some planning.

Well doy, but it was still a well-executed plan. I don't think any of us expected Jeremiah to disguise himself as Jerome.

This is some of the most intense **** I've seen to come out of this show. Cameron always brings me back to this show and this is no exception.

I’m probably just used to Jerome but I’m not sure if I’m feeling the way Monaghan is playing Joker.

Seems like he’s playing it like Hannibal Lecter.
That works well but I’d like to see him laugh an smile more. :shrug:

I loved what he said about the gas having no effect on him other than cosmetic changes.
He’s been crazy the whole time. :D

I don’t care for him trying to outdo Jerome’s plans.

If they had made the Joker exactly like Jerome, there'd be even more b****ing and moaning, and there's already plenty of that towards him.

Characterization wise, he acts closest to Frank Miller's Joker with a tinge of Nicholson and Lecter.

This is pretty much like if Frank Miller/Batman #1 in 1940 Joker walked straight out of the comic book pages to me. I'm in love with it. Trust me, this show is the last thing I'd expect to see almost my ideal version of Joker in, but it's got it.

Fled the bunker before it exploded.

I love Cameron’s take on Joker so far. The character can actually be more serious as seen in stuff like Batman Beyond: Return of The Joker, and everything else mentioned above.

The show certainly made the wait worth it. A really interesting take on the character here.

If they had made the Joker exactly like Jerome, there'd be even more b****ing and moaning, and there's already plenty of that towards him.

Characterization wise, he acts closest to Frank Miller's Joker with a tinge of Nicholson and Lecter.

I definitely don’t hate him.

In fact, I just watched the episode again and I enjoyed him A LOT more :funny:
The things I wanted to see were definitely there. They were just subtle.
The lesson here is not to watch Gotham with distractions :o

Was that guy the Penguin and Grundy were torturing, a character in the comics? He was great. Most of the "Joker's" followers have been so hammy, I hope they don't kill em too soon.

Credited as Jongleur, yeah. Kind of an obscure one, though.

Awesome episode last night!

Can't believe Jeremiah impersonated Jerome and his real plan for Gotham! Brilliant!

Last edited:
Credited as Jongleur, yeah. Kind of an obscure one, though.

Thanks. I just wiki'd it. "member of the superior 5". That dude was cool. Good balance of sinister and inappropriately crazy. Hope to see more of him.

I'm surprised at how bad this show is now. It really is an achievement in itself to ruin a show this bad. This episode, just like this whole season and most of season 3, has been horrendous! Nothing makes sense anymore, characters behave way out of character, they're rehashing old plot points and that whole thing with Bruce his "vigilante" activities is beyond ridiculous. Who the hell trained him? Those 3 boxing lessons from Alfred are not enough to turn him into Batman.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"