Gotham Gotham Season 4 Episode 20- A Dark Knight: “That Old Corpse"

I'm surprised at how bad this show is now. It really is an achievement in itself to ruin a show this bad. This episode, just like this whole season and most of season 3, has been horrendous! Nothing makes sense anymore, characters behave way out of character, they're rehashing old plot points and that whole thing with Bruce his "vigilante" activities is beyond ridiculous. Who the hell trained him? Those 3 boxing lessons from Alfred are not enough to turn him into Batman.
A. Bruce hasn't been doing his vigilante lessons since earlier this season. He has had other priorities and is still finding his way.

B. It wasn't just 3 lessons and Alfred who trained him. It was the Sensei, one of Alfred's best friends, him going out in the streets. Not to mention you're acting like he is totally winning and beating everyone he faces, there has been multiple fights this season where he is getting beaten and had his butt handed to him.

C. What characters are behaving out of characters, and do you mean out of character in context to the show or in context to the comics they are inspired by?

This season has been far from ruined and isn't just rehashing plot points.

Bruce has been doing this since season 3, not non stop but he's been at it already. Do you find it believable that a 15 year old Bruce is running around Gotham, beating up guys with fireweapons? i certainly don't. Going out on the streets isn't the same as training. Come on bruh, this is Batman we're talking about. World's greatest detective coupled with exceptional martial art skills. I wanna see him learn and master those specific skills.

I see characters acting out of character or having awful characterization. Ed used to be way better back when he was the Riddler himself. This whole schizo thing is boring and played out as hell. We have seen this a million times already. Penguin is just comedic relief at this point. Where the hell is Ivy? I thought she had a plan to take out Babz, Tabby and Selena. Butch is neither Butch nor Grundy, so they ruined 2 characters in 1 go. And he wants to be cured so that Tabby will love him again, BUT SHE ALREADY DOES!

They kill an awesome character like Carmine so that Sophia can take over but a few episodes later she dies as well, so what was the point? Why would Rha's al Ghul ever choose Barbara as the next Demon's head? That is ridiculous! She has no martial arts background, no military or combat experience, why just why? Why did Barabara give him back the power when he had no leverage after letting go of Tabitha? If Tabby just stood on the other side of the room Ra's would be dead now.

And worst of all, they absolutely RUINED the Joker with this whole Jerome/Jeremiah nonsense. One of the most iconic villains ever basicly copied his whole schtick from twin brother, really? :csad: These are just some of the problems i have with this show.

I know it's all subjective and this is just my opinion but i used to like this show. Season 2 is excellent but after that it's become ridiculous.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Is that actual footage of Liam Neeson watching Gotham's version of Ra's al Ghul?

Oh, wow, what a clever rebuttal. Bravo, sir. Teach me your ways, sensei. :o

And worst of all, they absolutely RUINED the Joker with this whole Jerome/Jeremiah nonsense. One of the most iconic villains ever basicly copied his whole schtick from twin brother, really? :csad:

He's not copying him. He's doing things entirely his own way, and only wants to achieve his brother's goals and outdo him just to show that he can, that he's the better brother, that he's the one who will have a great legacy, not him. That's very much in line with Joker's vanity IMO.

Trust me, I was pissed about the twist when I first heard it myself and I rarely even watch the show anymore, but curiosity got the better of me, and I watched clips of Jeremiah on YouTube and then this episode and I have to say, we could possibly be getting a Joker that's on-par with Heath here, from THIS SHOW of all ****ing things lmao.

Last edited:
Hahah i don't think so but I do like the actor though.

Skulldevil, i like sarcasm as well and we could go back and forth all day but if you think im wrong (which is absolutely fine) then tell me why. A gif is not an argument, smartassness is not an argument.

Hahah i don't think so but I do like the actor though.

He was good as Jerome but he was mostly copying Jokers of the past with him. With Jeremiah, he gets to do a take that's very fresh for live action, and the closest to this type beforehand actually was Heath, but this is more of a legitimate translation of that type from comics to screen this time.

Skulldevil, i like sarcasm as well and we could go back and forth all day but if you think im wrong (which is absolutely fine) then tell me why. A gif is not an argument, smartassness is not an argument.

While don't think Ra's has been used to his full potential in Gotham (trust me, I hate episode 19 of this season with a passion and it's not even because of him), I think Alexander Siddig, performance wise, is doing an excellent job playing the character despite some of the writing.

And trust me, I love Neeson's Ra's too. I can quote one of his lines just like that. :funny:

Ok i can understand that. I have nothing against that actor either, in fact i think one of the best things about Gotham is the cast. Just the characterization bugs me.

Haha yeah i think he was a bit underrated in Batman begins.

Anyway, in regards to your other points, I think hellblazer and ironman summed it up decently.

As for the non-believability factor of Bruce going around fighting criminals at his age and physique, I sorta get where you're coming from, but personally it doesn't really bother me. It's obvious he's not even close enough to becoming Batman, but he's getting there.

He was good as Jerome but he was mostly copying Jokers of the past with him. With Jeremiah, he gets to do a take that's very fresh for live action, and the closest to this type beforehand actually was Heath, but this is more of a legitimate translation of that type from comics to screen this time.

Yeah, I'm really surprised that I'm enjoying Jeremiah more than Jerome, but I am happy I was wrong. This is coming from someone who had mixed feelings on the relative story when it was first announced.

Cameron just has a lot of range playing a more classic Joker with Jerome and then the DKRish take with Jeremiah!

I do like the subtle differences in how Monaghan is playing Jeremiah. He's more reserved and unsuspecting as of now, whereas Jerome was very much in your face and all about the spectacle.

And Jeremiah being so reserved and calculating, I feel, could potentially make him more of a threat than Jerome ever was.
I'm loving the difference here. That should make for a more dangerous villain long term.

Yeah, I'm really surprised that I'm enjoying Jeremiah more than Jerome, but I am happy I was wrong. This is coming from someone who had mixed feelings on the relative story when it was first announced.

Cameron just has a lot of range playing a more classic Joker with Jerome and then the DKRish take with Jeremiah!
I've been so impressed with this guy. He comes in and put in a great show of playing one of the all time biggest villains, and then does it again in a different way but just as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"