Green Lantern = Guy Gardner........

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
.....for me anyway. He is my fave because I relate to the character alot!!!!!

Tell me, what would you guys think about the GL movie being about Guy!!!!!

I like it.....Im gonna jot down some idea's, see what I come up with!!!!!!!

Dope Nose said:
good god no.

Ive always been afraid of that reaction.....thats why In have been reluctant to speak up in the Green Lantern threads!!!

I do personally relate to the character as I said so that is the true basis of my affection!!!!

I do not want to see Gardner's hairy ass or a movie of him getting his ass kicked by either Hal Jordan or Batman or anyone else that punched him in the face and took him down in one shot.

Guy is like the uncle that no one likes, you tolerate him but just wait for him to leave. Unfortunately he never leaves and when he does, he's back one month later.

I love Guy. Great character. But he wouldn't work for a GL film. Maybe he could apear in one down the line, but not right away.

not as the main charcter, no way.
it has to be Hal or Kyle...i'd prefer Hal seeing as though he is the most popular lantern.

As you can see, fan reaction is against it... but there's actually nothing wrong with this idea, other than the fact that Guy is not their favorite Lantern...

I personally think the idea of an superhero who is an a-class jerk is kinda cool... honestly, most people in real life are jerks ESPECIALLY when they get power... I think Guy would bring that to front and make the whole experience less surreal and more... credible... you KNOW this guy, he's not perfect, he's not successful he's not a cliche everyman... he's a guy you know and he gets all this power... and madness ensues... in the course of things he learns to take some responsibility and, even though he doesn't learn to be a team player, he does learn to step up to the plate and give all he's got for someone other than himself... I think it'd be great...

The Question said:
I love Guy. Great character. But he wouldn't work for a GL film. Maybe he could apear in one down the line, but not right away.

That's what I was thinking. Have him be comic relief, ala Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon 2. A younger Randy Quaid could have played him well, i think. As long as everyone's waited to see GL on the big screen, they better not waste the shot using GG as the lead!

Guy Gardner?

I'd rather prefer Kilowog.

:cool:

Spider - Man said:
That's what I was thinking. Have him be comic relief, ala Joe Pesci in Lethal Weapon 2. A younger Randy Quaid could have played him well, i think. As long as everyone's waited to see GL on the big screen, they better not waste the shot using GG as the lead!

Well, Gardner can be alot more than just comic relief. But, his story wouldn't fit a Green Lantern film as much as Hal's would. Kyle's would be the best, but people new to Green Lantern wouldn't know what the **** was going on.

I'd rather see Gnort as the featured hero than Guy.

We've already seen guy bastardized in that awful JLA pilot. Thats enough!

Bring on Hal!

Warhammer said:
Guy Gardner?

I'd rather prefer Kilowog.

:cool:

Which also would be extremely cool, btw...

But seroiusly, "Just wouldn't work" and he "was in the JLA pilot" are not real reasons... you guys do know you aren't giving real reasons right... the real reason is that another GL is your favorite... life is much happier when you don't make up false reasons... stick with "I'd prefer" because then, you're not lying...

Guy just doesn't have the popularity that Hal does, when a GL film is made it will most likely feature hal as the main character simply because he is the most well known and loved GL.

warren_sparta27 said:
Guy just doesn't have the popularity that Hal does, when a GL film is made it will most likely feature hal as the main character simply because he is the most well known and loved GL.

well loved, MAYBE if all fanboism can be counted as love, but I dare you to prove Hal is the most well known (not just the most well known on this Board... and honestly, who has heard of Hal and not of John? Or Kyle?)... you will fail to do so because it's not true...

Again, stick with the REAL reason: You like Hal better... no need to create facts out of thin air... also, your whole line of reasoning is invalidated by the success of Blade and Hellboy.

My reason has nothing to do with who I like better. I much prefer Guy and Kyle over Hal. But, Hal's story lends itself to an introduction to the world of the GLC much better than Guy. And while Kyle's could conceavably work, you'd still need to understand hal as a character for his going crazy to work.

Hal would be better at least for the first to help the viewer understand the universe of it all. But Guy no way no one would want to watch a 2 hour movie of a guy who is just an ass all the time.

Guy wouldn't neccesarily have to be an ass in the film, just a renegade anti-hero!!!!!

Honestly, Guy and Kyle would be SOOOO much better for a movie than Hal!!!! Hal is way to bland of a character!!

Kane said:
We've already seen guy bastardized in that awful JLA pilot. Thats enough!

Bring on Hal!

He was called Guy, but he was more like a combo of Hal and Cyclops from the X-Men movies. Though any future movie should include his, "Up yours with a chainsaw" technique.

Green_Lantern_-_Matthew_Settle.jpg

The Question said:
My reason has nothing to do with who I like better. I much prefer Guy and Kyle over Hal. But, Hal's story lends itself to an introduction to the world of the GLC much better than Guy. And while Kyle's could conceavably work, you'd still need to understand hal as a character for his going crazy to work.

:eek:

You have GOT to get tired of proving me wrong one of these days... how come I can't just pick on weak arguements in peace, eh? :mad:

everytime i think of Guy, i picture him getting his face smashed in by doomsday during JLA's battle with him in the Death of Superman series

Guy in a GL movie as a supporting character? Sure.

Guy in a GL movie as the lead character? Probably wouldn't work.

venom420 said:
.....for me anyway. He is my fave because I relate to the character alot!!!!!

Tell me, what would you guys think about the GL movie being about Guy!!!!!

no, bud. I think he's the worst of the human GL. I think a man like this should never be allowed to wear the ring.I consider him as a pure non sense in complete contradiction with all the GL principles in the comics, that's why I don't want to see him in a movie.
Now they could "do" him like Hal or Kyle or John but why not use them instead ?

I'd be willing to see a Guy Gardner movie, if Batman gets to smack him around as he often did.

comedy gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"