Green Lantern: The Animated Series - Part 1

is this week the last episode???

Unfortunately. :(

Every now and then I let my mind wander about the ring's powers. It seems so corny to make giant baseball mitts, or baseball bats, and other ridiculous constructs to get the job done. Isn't there a more serious way of imagining these powers?

Maybe Hal's a baseball fan.

Less screen time for Sinestro in the GL movie and only one episode in the GLTAS.

Well yeah... it's all set-up.

And while it's a shame we won't get anymore Sinestro in this continuity, the movie completely screwed itself.

Amazing episode !!

Loved they way other GL's make teams to create a bigger constructs, and Razer using the emotion controlling techniques taught by the Blue Lanterns, also liked the Anti- Monitor's reference to going back in time to see the creation event (a nod to comics.)

A shame that such a good show is closing, we also needed more episodes with Sinestro.

It seems now that the show will end with no Sinestro Corps, no Indigo Tribe, No Black Hand, only a mention of John, no Kyle, no Simon, no Sodam, no Arisia, no Alpha Lanterns, not even a cameo for Bats or Supes. *SIGH*

As powerful as the GL's Will is. So, yeah. They've done some pretty damn impressive things.
That makes me wonder...random question: Have Hal (or any GL) and Superman ever had a contest of strength (using a construct, of course) in the comics? I wonder if Hal's will would be strong enough to win an arm wrestling match with the Man of Steel, haha.

Loved the mention of John Stewart. Wish we could meet him, but I'm sure there won't be time in the finale. I'm gonna miss this show. :(

Last edited:
Well I have seen GL's forming constructs that have held Superman back, but also Superman has broken through constructs as well as other super-humans/meta humans of equal or lesser strength breaking constructs. So I guess it all depends on who is doing the writing and what the story is about.

I've always wondered if a GL can mimic the effects of kryptonite? Not because their rings are green, but because the constructs have the ability to pretty much be anything they want them to be. For instance a GL can mimic a missile/rocket and have the propulsion look like fire, so why not be able to mimic the radiation effects of kryptonite. Maybe there was an issue about this and I missed it. Any ideas?

1875613-1736497_1383462_944172_supermanliftingstrength2_super_super_super.jpg

2446220-haljordan_vs_superman_precrisis.jpg

18504-2943-20700-1-dc-comics-presents_super.jpg

glvssupeskrypt.jpg

Hal and superman- new krypton

images

• In Green Lantern (vol. 4) #26, it was shown that John's willpower exceeds the limit of his ring (when he tried to recreate a planet from scratch), a feat that had not been depicted before this point.

1777636-johnsolarsystem2_super.jpg

Note -John has even recreated it's moons has well.

• As with all other Green Lanterns, the ring is a weapon of the mind and powered by will, therefore only limited to the wearer’s imagination.
Kyle rayner and the moon
tumblr_lvqzlsjxjn1qcm0fio1_500.png

Any Green lantern could move the earth by themselves has well depending on the writer,will power, the era etc...
Green lantern moves the earth

Green Lantern in Invasion of the Fearions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRjhkZgauVM&feature=relmfu

Last edited:
Thanks for all those mace....well I guess that settles that.

Yeah, thanks for all those, mace! Very interesting. I figured there must have been a simple arm wrestling match at one point, lol.

Sad to see this series ending, I just hope that somehow they will be making a direct to DVD movie based on this show and continue.

To me, this show has done a far better job of showing Green Lantern Corps as compared to older DVD movie interpretations, the live action movie and the comics.

The Final episode Ep. 26, "Dark Matter" preview.

[YT]xixyIs1hBUM[/YT]

I think the comics have done a really good job has well.

The comics are more detailed and there is a bunch of them now,so this just me but the green lantern comics still do overall abit of a better job,from what i have read so far,but this series has done really good.
This is a great show.

This series needs be at least 3 to 4 seasons or more,but at least we get a better deal then what happen to the silver surfer cartoon.
That one lasted for only 13 ep.

Last edited:
I was not talking about stories, in that category, comics win, but in terms of bringing out the characterization.

For example, the character of Zilius Zox, Sinestro, Appa ali Apsa, Syd, Saint Walker and Kilowog are done in depth in the GLTAS as compared to comics.

I think the comics have done a really good job has well.

The comics are more detailed and there is a bunch of them now,so this just me but the green lantern comics still do overall abit of a better job,from what i have read so far,but this series has done really good.
This is a great show.

This series needs be at least 3 to 4 seasons or more,but at least we get a better deal then what happen to the silver surfer cartoon.
That one lasted for only 13 ep.
Agreed, but while we're on the topic, since you seem to know your GL stuff, a question: What GL comic arcs would you recommend that weren't written by Geoff Johns? I've read most of his big stories, including Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War and Secret Origin. But the only GL story I've read that wasn't from Johns was Emerald Dawn, and I didn't care for that one too much, but I am definitely interested in getting some other writers' takes on the universe. Any standalones/arcs/collections you'd recommend?

We get to see the hand.

Last edited:
Sad to see this show go. The ending was fitting. Felt slightly rushed and and a little forced and too easy at times given past episodes and revelations, but all in all a great ending.

[BLACKOUT]I was hoping that Razor would sacrifice himself for Aya and that that would be the reason she turned good. But her almost killing him and bringing him back was still good.

Also, great to see the blue ring come up at the end and go after Razor. Knew that was going to happen eventually....as he now has hope in finding Aya again![/BLACKOUT]

We get to see the hand.

Was that the same hand or similar hand from the time traveling episode of JLU?

Is the hand supposed to be God? Pretty cool religious reference.I thought the finale was great, and very...grand. A grand finale.

I was half right that Aya and/or Razer would be the ones to die and they teased us with Razer's death, but instead it was Aya after all she has done. Also, I felt the finale sum up who this show was really about and it was Aya and Razer than Hal Jordan and Kilowog.

Good to see the Green Lantern Corp, whom I think should have been used the minute Aya turned evil instead of the final 2 episodes. It got really boring with just Hal, Kilowog, Razer, and Aya. Guy Gardner shined in this one.

A good way to end the show.

I must say i was VERY happy for the hint of [blackout]Razer becoming a blue lantern. After all, he has the greatest hope of finding Aya.[/blackout]

Is the hand supposed to be God? Pretty cool religious reference.I thought the finale was great, and very...grand. A grand finale.

the Crisis changed that. Its now the hand of Alexander Luthor.

Eh....us Christians like to believe that Big Bang hand was God's...screw Alexander Luthor lol....plus I don't think any Luthor is/can be tied to this series cause it's a Superman property and I don't think this show was going to do a cross over.

This was how to end a series (although it wasn't planned at all). Instead of ending on a bad note (with things only getting worse) it ends in a very hopeful way.

While it could be said that Aya not killing anyone was kind of a cop out, it does tend to make sense with her actions during her "Aya-Monitor" phase. She has had PLENTY of opportunity to kill Hal and the other members of the Interceptor crew...even the other Green Lanterns when she was on her way to Ranx...but she didn't, simply knocking people out when she attacked them. The only casualty she caused was the Anti-Monitor. Plus even though she claimed to have no emotions, she was clearly acting off of her pain. While she was pretty much going to destroy everything in existence, she was pretty much going to do it in one fell swoop where she wouldn't have to see what she was doing to other beings. I do see Razer's point when it comes to Aya being resourceful...if she came up with a virus that would delete her from existence, surely she has found a way to survive it.

It is truly a shame that the series ended...but at least it ended on a high note rather than being a low point for the heroes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"