Marvel TV Series Guardians of the Galaxy on Disney+

‘I AM GROOT’ to Explore a Different Animation Style From ‘WHAT IF…?’

Variety had a chance to sit down with Brad Winderbaum, who got promoted to Marvel Studios’ Head for Streaming, Television, and Animation. He was the producer behind the What If series and will help the company continue to expand. In the article, Variety also offers our first insight into what type of animation style we can expect from the I Am Groot spin-off. It seems it won’t take the cartoon-inspired style, but rather explore “photo-real” animation. This approach would imply that the series will build upon the design we saw in Guardian of the Galaxy Vol. 2, as it’ll follow the baby version of Groot.

So, it might be an animated project purely on the basis it won’t include any actors in it. There was the tease that we’ll meet some new and unusual characters, which might not be human.

Is he talking about an original character or a new comics character?

If the latter, I'm curious who he's thinking of. I think we've established that his favorite character is Adam Warlock based on previous tweets, but I'm not sure if that's who we're talking about. Maybe Pip the Troll? ;)

I thought the holiday special and Groot show were one and the same for some reason, glad to know we are getting both.

This doesn't necessarily confirm anything, but it looks like potentially we might have a young adult Groot as well as Cosmo in the holiday special?

maybe Cosmo will have the voice of Bark Hamil

I‘m also nat familiar with US television, but I expect it to be longer than a TV show episode. The one for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina was

This doesn't necessarily confirm anything, but it looks like potentially we might have a young adult Groot as well as Cosmo in the holiday special?

They should make this available to the general public!

I would buy that ornament set for everyone on my list :D

Set photos of Drax and Mantis that seem to be for the holiday special:

I'm just so happy that Groot is an adult again.
My ratings:

Adult Groot 9/10
Baby Groot 8/10
Teen Groot 6/10

Baby Groot is super-cute but Adult Groot is a proper powerhouse to have in the team, and also a lovable thing. I wouldn’t actually mind if they had 2 Groots.

My ratings:

Adult Groot 9/10
Baby Groot 8/10
Teen Groot 6/10

Baby Groot is super-cute but Adult Groot is a proper powerhouse to have in the team, and also a lovable thing. I wouldn’t actually mind if they had 2 Groots.
Agreed, but how is 2 Groots even possible?

My ratings:

Adult Groot 9/10
Baby Groot 8/10
Teen Groot 6/10

I prefer Baby Groot. He could have the strength and power of Adult Groot but still be small and cute.

Agreed, but how is 2 Groots even possible?
I think we already had 2 different Groots. Adult Groot and later Baby/Teen Groot. If adult was still alive we’d have 2 at the same time now. So something similar to that although I don’t know how quickly Groots age. Might not be possible till later down the line in future phases (if Groots are still around).

I prefer Baby Groot. He could have the strength and power of Adult Groot but still be small and cute.
I prefer Baby Groot having his unique skills of getting into tiny gaps (and pressing red buttons :D ). I like seeing the adult version having a calmer personality but having serious strength and durability.

First set video for the holiday special has a fun easter egg.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/ufqor5/spoiler_marvel_shot_a_scene_from_a_future_disney/

It has a movie poster for Haxan 3 starring Kingo.

Häxan is a real Swedish silent horror film from 1922 about witchcraft.

Haxan 2 was used for a fake movie poster on the set of GotG Vol. 2. The poster design was a parody of the poster for Horns with Daniel Radcliffe. It didn't properly make it into GotG Vol. 2 I think but it the main character would be played by Simon Williams AKA Wonder Man in-universe, who was played by Nathan Fillion in the real world.

So it seems that in the MCU they made a sequel to a 1922 silent film in 2014 with Simon Williams in the lead and then a 3rd film around 2023/2024 with Kingo in the lead. Also since Haxan 2 seemed to be a Hollywood film, maybe Kingo has made it to Hollywood?

I hope it’s not set on earth the whole time. I want to see some weird galactic adventure with Christmas vibes. Not just the characters on earth during Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"