Marvel TV Series Guardians of the Galaxy on Disney+

I can see this being released in a window between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.
I believe, they want to release the first teaser for GotG Vol 3 after the Holiday Special.
So if this will also this year (like MoM), than the Holiday Special probably be released on 30th of November or 7th of December

pretty sure, he‘s referring on Gamora
I think all of the Guardians on those Christmas ornaments will apear in the Holiday Special

Last edited:

Once again, I'm seeing a ton of articles about how this means it's not in the MCU. James Gunn doesn't get to decide if something is canon or not. He's clear that it has nothing to do with what he's doing (and he likely has no input on it), but that doesn't mean it isn't part of the MCU canon.

Once again, I'm seeing a ton of articles about how this means it's not in the MCU. James Gunn doesn't get to decide if something is canon or not. He's clear that it has nothing to do with what he's doing (and he likely has no input on it), but that doesn't mean it isn't part of the MCU canon.
It doesn't necessarily mean one thing or the other I think. I guess we'll see if the shorts contradict anything, but I'm not expecting them to connect much to the wider MCU at all.

I think it’ll be canon, but with no impact on the MCU. Groot will probably do something stupid like stealing Drax daggers and hide it - that’ll be probably one episode

I bet we’ll get a teaser trailer for the Holiday Special at D23. Hawkeye did. got its teaser in mid September last year

Obviously these shorts are like those short films that were released during phase 1.

Basically dvd special features that most people would probably ignore.

Personally, it is not a must watch for me.

The X-Mas special though might be.

heared Rocket shows up

tl4a9a1bw3f91.jpg

As I posted on MCU on Disney+ thread:

And each one will have 1 min credits.

This places the second season of I Am Groot between Loki season 2 and Ironheart

so when can we expect a first look?
WbN got a first look 4 weeks before release. That means 25th of November at the latest. But the Guardians are a much much bigger IP for Disney. They’ll market this bigger than WbN.
2nd week of November is the time, when a lot annual subscriptions end.

So the window will be 1-25th November.

my money is on 1st of November for the trailer.
Release probably 9th or 16th of December (WBN was also released on a Friday)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"