Marvel TV Series Guardians of the Galaxy on Disney+

And each one will have 1 min credits.
Haha, from memory I think some had 2 minutes and credits.

Edit: actually the times listed might be time without those credits.

newest rumor points towards tomorrow (Grace Randolph…I know she’s annoying af, but she was right about the trailer for Quantumania and about WBN being campy like an old monster movie)

Also some hint from the VP of Marvel Studios

Last edited:
Release date probably 2nd of December - on 23th of November there are some suspiciously three new Legends episodes planned at Disney Plus (no word if it’s the Guardians…but who else could it be)

Leaked trailer confirms it for November 25th.

Nice!

it definitely looks like they filmed it on their time off, and cheaply around LA. But there’s a low budget James Gunn charm to it lol

Man ......

What has happened to this studio.

After the script was so praised by James Gunn…I‘m really underwhelmed.
I don‘t want another project set on earth - its the fricking Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s like in those cheap sci-fi series, when production costs are to high go set it in other worlds and instead go with a setting on earth

Apparently the press release has revealed that
Michael Rooker
is part of the special in some way.

Just hoping for an appearance from Santa Claus. I want to see MCU Santa.

After watching this poster and the trailer again, I really get the feeling that is more a Drax+Mantis movie and everyone else is just in the first and the last scene.

For those that have been critical of Marvel Studios since the start of Phase 4, would those criticisms continue if they diversify the Special Presentations? Like if the next several are Romance, Western, Noir, Musical or In universe documentary would the criticisms die down? Or does it not matter and it's all going to suck anyways?

As for this, it won't go down the usual Christmas tropes we see in Netflix and Lifetime Christmas movies, which are basically "random city girl meets King or prince of a fictional European country around the Holidays and they start dating and end up getting married, spawning multiple sequels" or "rich female, either a celebrity, socialite or executive goes to a small town and falls in love with a local man while engaged to another man in the big city and she's conflicted about who she's in love with and has to decide before Christmas ends" or "two adults join forces with a precocious kid and/or Santa Claus to save Christmas from a disgruntled elf." We won't see any of that with the GOTG Christmas special, which I like.

Last edited:
Groot looks terrible. It looks like he's wearing football pads!

How did we go from this:

main-qimg-083d065cfe5acc9e3e6c3d313af65ea0-lq

To this:

groot.png

He's still a young adult I guess but I'm wondering how much time passed between Love & Thunder and this since he was still a teenager there. This is the reason why I wish Groot was spared from the snap in Infinity War so that he could have aged in the 5 year time jump and go back to looking like the Groot from GOTG 1 by now.

Groot looks terrible. It looks like he's wearing football pads!

How did we go from this:

main-qimg-083d065cfe5acc9e3e6c3d313af65ea0-lq

To this:

groot.png

Someone will probably bring this up to James Gunn and he'll respond on Twitter. Got to give Gunn a lot of credit for being accessible on Twitter to either announce or deny rumors about any of his projects.

Yeah, I’d chalk this up to Disney+ budget which equates to the movie’s lunch money lol

I probably should've specified, I'm not talking about CGI. I'm talking about his overall design; his physique. He looks like he put on about 30 pounds of muscle, and not in a good way.

I imagine a Disney+ series, even if it Guardians, will have a fraction of the budget that a Guardians film has. My best guess, anyway.
Yeah, can’t be anywhere close to full movie budget.

I probably should've specified, I'm not talking about CGI. I'm talking about his overall design; his physique. He looks like he put on about 30 pounds of muscle, and not in a good way.
Maybe there is a steroids plot line. :D

James Gunn will likely have a good explanation for that once someone brings it up. I am not on Twitter, so maybe he has addressed it.

Might be they're going a similar way as with Man-Thing. Having a practical suit and doing CGI additions/touch ups (mostly on the face). That could potentially cut down on costs by not having to do a total CGI replacement for every shot. If that's what they're doing it would make sense to go with a design that facilitates a suit that totally covers a human performer under it.

Might be they're going a similar way as with Man-Thing. Having a practical suit and doing CGI additions/touch ups (mostly on the face). That could potentially cut down on costs by not having to do a total CGI replacement for every shot. If that's what they're doing it would make sense to go with a design that facilitates a suit that totally covers a human performer under it.

I could totally see Vin Diesel wearing that suit, but he's probably only doing the voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"