Guardians of the Galaxy - Part 1

We've only gotten a page of "what they are" so far, in fairness.

Just gonna repost these here:

EwoXJ.jpg

Kuuem.jpg

I wonder why they didn't go all the way and include his little hat/helmet thing. The mask is basically the same as in the comics except for that.

Also, is it me or do those little star things raining down on the top left look like Nova Corps symbols?

^Either Nova Corps symbols or the hilt of Quasar's sword

Can't see Drax's sweet tattoos with that dumb vest on!

For real. Drax is one of those characters whose actual comic look would look perfectly fine in a movie with pretty much no tweaking required. But instead they somehow made him look less badass. :huh:

Granted, it's still really early in the process.

He's reminding me of a more violent Braniac.

A completely random, and uncalled-for thought....

I just had the sudden realization that Starlord and Nova's names are essentially Peter and Dick.

That made me chuckle a bit.

I wonder why they didn't go all the way and include his little hat/helmet thing. The mask is basically the same as in the comics except for that.

Also, is it me or do those little star things raining down on the top left look like Nova Corps symbols?

isn't the helmet kinda important? i mean, he used it like a space helmet, right?

Thought this thread should be bumped, now that there are so many Guardians of the Galaxy comics around. So, correct me if i'm wrong, but the whole line includes:
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Rocket Racoon
-The Legendary Star-Lord
-Guardians 3000
-Gamora
-Guardians of the Galaxy Team-Up

Gamore and Guardians of the Galaxy team-up are yet to be published if i'm not mistaken, i have a question related to Guardians 3000, is it new reader friendly or do i need to know the history of that team?

Last edited:
I didn't hear about the Gamora title. But I did hear about Guardians of the Galaxy Team-Up.

I guess marvel just wants to over expose the characters to the point that we all hate them. Classic marvel.

Fixed! Last i heard, the Gamora title was being writtend by one of the writers of the movie. Not sure if this is overexposure, i mean, they are getting a series of films and an animated show, yet, there aren't many stories featuring the team, the movie pretty much had to invent a new story.

They also don't have a central villain yet, unless you count Thanos, who's a central villain for the entire Marvel Universe, it's normal that they will try to expand the titles as much as possible in order to get some "classing Guardians of the Galaxy stories".

Marvel's also been pushing them as the center of the Cosmic franchises, possibly replacing Fantastic Four.

Just finished Abnett and Lanning's run the other day. Holy **** that was amazing. Is the new run anywhere near as good? That entire run just freakin ruined the movies for me.

Just finished Abnett and Lanning's run the other day. Holy **** that was amazing. Is the new run anywhere near as good? That entire run just freakin ruined the movies for me.

Sadly it isn't :csad:

Ok, is it at least a fun read?

I enjoy it. It's not on the level of the Abnett/Lanning stuff, but when it's not preoccupied with event tie-ins and crossovers, there has been some enjoyable character work in Bendis' run, and a selection of strong artists too.

How so? Film barely had anything to do with the comics, plot was also vastly different.

The quality of the storytelling in the comics was just so much better. Even seeing the movie first the whole time I was reading the comics I was getting angry at the stuff they changed. I'm still so damn mad Cosmo didn't even freakin talk. Let alone the fact they killed Ronan and all the characterization is just way off. I think making all the characters criminals and anti-heroes hurts the story as well.

Abnett's writing Guardians 3000 about the original team.

What's everyone think about that book, by the way?

Abnett's writing Guardians 3000 about the original team.

What's everyone think about that book, by the way?

It's hard for me to get into. I'm bored with the original team and as far as a second Guardians book, I'd rather read The Legendary Star-Lord

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"