Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are really worried about too much comedy in the sequel to GOTG? Every Marvel film has comedy, GOTG actually felt like it was a comedy.

I think it worked in the first because it was complimentary to the characters but you can't make it an out and out comedy else you'd start to not take any threats seriously, or be invested in the characters in an emotional way.

The worry might be in making everything comical for the sake of it. Drax was nowhere near as on the nose comic/goofy in the first movie as these couple of vol 2 clips have me believe right now, but that's just me. I'm sure it'll all work out and it's an unwarranted concern, but worst case, even if the movie ends up even more a comedy than the first movie I'm sure it won't exactly dent its box office. The young kids and their parents especially will want to keep going back for more ..

I think it worked in the first because it was complimentary to the characters but you can't make it an out and out comedy else you'd start to not take any threats seriously, or be invested in the characters in an emotional way.

The worry might be in making everything comical for the sake of it. Drax was nowhere near as on the nose comic/goofy in the first movie as these couple of vol 2 clips have me believe right now, but that's just me. I'm sure it'll all work out and it's an unwarranted concern, but worst case, even if the movie ends up even more a comedy than the first movie I'm sure it won't exactly dent its box office. The young kids and their parents especially will want to keep going back for more ..
You can't be invested in a character in an emotional way in a comedy? Really?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but...

Is this the final full length trailer?

Trailer should be dropping in the next 30 minutes. They just showed a brief clip with new footage of the guardians fighting that Octopus thing from the last trailer.

C5w5os_VAAMW6p2.jpg:large

:ilv:

Trailer just aired, but still no Kurt Russell. I guess they really want to keep him underwraps.

[YT]duGqrYw4usE[/YT]

Trailer just aired, but still no Kurt Russell. I guess they really want to keep him underwraps.

If you paid attention what aired on tv wasn't the full trailer, they said to see the full watch online. Kurt is at the very end.

Poster's great. Trailer's kinda meh.

Kurtttttttttt at the end yes.

Ok watched the full trailer and saw that. I guess at this point you can always expect Marvel to save the reveals at the end, but it was still cool. As for the trailer itself it's good, but honestly I wish they showed a bit more of the story and it would be nice if we could actually see Ayesha do something besides look angry. Anyways, I am looking forward to this.

"I don't have friends..... I got family."

Trailer was solid but the little moment when Groot waves at Gamora was so cute.

Told y'all we would see Ego at the very end of the trailer. Solid trailer just wish we knew more about the story.

Trailer didn't wow me or anything, but baby groot is adorable and the cinematography looks excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"