Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Please be confirmation that Ronan is coming back in modern times!
He's returning for the Captain Marvel prequel (if you didn't already know?) doubt we'll see him resurrected for sequel films though. As far as the MCU is concerned, with the exception of Loki, they don't tend to keep their villains around.

Yeah, I think in the present timeline, Ronan is dead for good.

What else can be done with her after this Thanos confrontation?

Finally agreeing to join the Guardians of the Galaxy after refusing the offer in Volume 2, and having to learn to work as a team rather than an independent rogue.

hfnvKJp.png

I think he's lying about it not being related to characters Fox has. Too coincidental when Fantastic Four comics are coming back for it not to be an MCU Fantastic Four film in Phase Four.

Becoming a fully fledged person who can attend to her other Maslow needs and not just revenge?

Finally agreeing to join the Guardians of the Galaxy after refusing the offer in Volume 2, and having to learn to work as a team rather than an independent rogue.
Ehh, I think her sacrificing her self while saving the others in IWs would give her a good end. Don't need her to turn into a full on good guy.

The only thing I could think of is the swirling Eternals rumors.

Yeah he's the guy who started the Eternals rumour.

Bleeding Cool is supposedly set to confirm it (or as close as they do).

IW spoiler

With all the Guardians dead except Rocket. I expect Rocket to learn to work better with others in A4. His leadership will develop in that movie too. He learned from Yondu and when he finds out the rest of the team is gone it will devastate him.He has lost everyone now. I think they will set him up to either be the leader of his own group after this. I would say he can sacrifice but no way is he leaving Groot to be alone.

IW spoiler

With all the Guardians dead except Rocket. I expect Rocket to learn to work better with others in A4. His leadership will develop in that movie too. He learned from Yondu and when he finds out the rest of the team is gone it will devastate him.He has lost everyone now. I think they will set him up to either be the leader of his own group after this. I would say he can sacrifice but no way is he leaving Groot to be alone.

For some reason I find the image of Captain America and Rocket Racoon wandering around Wakanda together in Avengers 4 pretty funny.

It'll be interesting to see how Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 acknowledges the ending to Infinity War. A bittersweet character moment of Rocket stating how he thought he'd lost them all would be nice.

Yeah I think Vol 3 will probably take place just about before Infinity War like probably days after Vol 2 or weeks or months after Vol 2 before the Guardians end up in IW

Yeah I think Vol 3 will probably take place just about before Infinity War like probably days after Vol 2 or weeks or months after Vol 2 before the Guardians end up in IW
But that would mean Warlock could have helped. GOTG3 will have him as a "Villain" that eventually helps them. If this movie is set before IWs then the weight of it isn't as big.

A few months or year after A4 would be better. We know the team is coming back except maybe Gamora.

Yeah that would make sense but I wonder who takes her place on this team

I wonder if we will end up seeing more of Starhawk's Ravagers in Vol. 3 given how IW shook things up. That was a pretty cool looking team.

Yes I too would love for Stallone and his team to come back for Vol. 3

I'm pretty sure Vol 3 has been stated to be a sequel to Infinity War, and will take place after Avengers 4.

I'm definitely expecting to see [blackout]Gamora[/blackout] back on the scene too, though if she isn't, then [blackout]Nebula[/blackout] will most likely take her place; she wouldn't be the first villain (Loki) to turn herself around and become more of an antihero, but in this instance, there'd be an emotional aspect to it due to the loss of you-know-who.

I'm further curious, but if Adam Warlock is to [start out] as the villain for Vol 3, then I wonder who the actual villain will be.

I'm further curious, but if Adam Warlock is to [start out] as the villain for Vol 3, then I wonder who the actual villain will be.
I don't think Ayesha is a fighter, perhaps they make Magus but things go wrong in his pod.

with the movie coming out in 2020, it gives Gunn plenty of time to rethink and rewrite the script to fit with the events of Infinity War

with the movie coming out in 2020, it gives Gunn plenty of time to rethink and rewrite the script to fit with the events of Infinity War
Gunn was involved in IWs so he isn't that far out of the loop, probably already took it into account.

With all the writers and directors basically sharing office space with one another for most of Phase 3, Gunn likely knows everything going on with IW/A4 so I doubt nothing has really changed in his approach to GOTG3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"