Guy Gardner's "Take My Figs....please" thread

Must be nice. :D

Well deserved though my man, you were a workhorse if I ever knew one.

Early retirement would be a whole lot of fun. The one up-side of being a Canadian

Well, he may not be working but with his BIG IDEA he'll have his hands full. I wish him the best.

Sooooo, finally someone I can talk to that'd appreciate my wrasslin' finds other than Saint. I scooped up 4 figs from DA5 (Big Show, Matt Hardy, Cena, RVD). Matt Hardy is awesome, he's my pick of the wave. He's got a smaller build to his arms/torso (similar to Randy Orton who's slimmer than guys like Batista and HHH) but he has a smoothed ab section which is good to see since not everybody has the ripped 12 pack that Jakks gives to damn nead all in DA. Plus he comes with the accessory that makes the most sense, a ladder. Show is a big mofo but unfortunately his ball hips aren't all that great. They're set in too deep into the pelvis which actually hinders the movement. Overall he's cool and has a sculpted single singlet that I was surprised to see when we get so many figs with singlets just painted on regular bodies without a sculpted line for them. And he has colored tats. Cena is damn near identical to the DA 3-pack Cena from what I can tell. Very cool that they stopped putting him out with those damn knucks on his fingers. And the loser is RVD, which sucks in plenty of ways. Yeah, the face sucks. Yeah, the ponytail is stuck flowing up like somebody is hanging from the ceiling with a vacuum cleaner over his head. And yeah, they cheaped out on the barbed wire pattern on his singlet on the back. All in all he's OK barely, I painted the barbed wires lines a little more, kinda fleshed them out to make it look right (atleast to me). I pulled out the ponytail and fixed is down, just a smidge of superglue in the hole and presto. The head I'll eventually swap out, plus he needs new hands. The thumbs are cool for a static pose of him doing the "R-V-D" schtick but for a figure thats gonna go toe to toe they suck.

Also got CSDA Hogan from a trade and today I got in DA Carlito whose a cool addition to my growing DA lineup. Oh yeah, I finally scored a DA Undertaker too but he's from the Best of 2006 line so I gotta take that stamp of his leg and then he'll be cool. Sucks that the casket has no cover, I totally didn't expect that.

What really ended up sucking about the RVD is that the proto had fully detailed barb-wire. Silver with black outlines and highlights to make it look real. Jakks cheaped out big time. Although with the announcement that RVD will have the ECW title belt in the ECW RA series 1, I am finally forced to purchase Smokehead.

The one fig I want from DA 5 is the Show. He's the only one I don't already have that interests me. And while I like the front of the trunks on HHH the back leaves a lot to be desired as there is no detail. I'm very glad I have the 3-pack Aitch.

DA 6 is the money set for me. I really cannot wait for it. I need the head off of Kenny to make my Owen custom perfect and I want to turn Finlay into Neidhart when I scrape up a spare Anvil head. So series 6 better hurry the hell up and hit Wisconsin/Minnesota.

Also got CSDA Hogan from a trade and today I got in DA Carlito whose a cool addition to my growing DA lineup. Oh yeah, I finally scored a DA Undertaker too but he's from the Best of 2006 line so I gotta take that stamp of his leg and then he'll be cool. Sucks that the casket has no cover, I totally didn't expect that.
The DA's are the wave of the future. They're forcing me to take them out of the package and use them for match scenes. It's great.

And while I realize that the Hogan isn't the greatest figure ever made, I damn sure want it because A: It's Hulk Hogan, B: The painted title belt, and C: it was promised to me in a trade dammit!!! Where's my Hogan, G-Bats?!!!!!

What really ended up sucking about the RVD is that the proto had fully detailed barb-wire. Silver with black outlines and highlights to make it look real. Jakks cheaped out big time. Although with the announcement that RVD will have the ECW title belt in the ECW RA series 1, I am finally forced to purchase Smokehead.

The one fig I want from DA 5 is the Show. He's the only one I don't already have that interests me. And while I like the front of the trunks on HHH the back leaves a lot to be desired as there is no detail. I'm very glad I have the 3-pack Aitch.

DA 6 is the money set for me. I really cannot wait for it. I need the head off of Kenny to make my Owen custom perfect and I want to turn Finlay into Neidhart when I scrape up a spare Anvil head. So series 6 better hurry the hell up and hit Wisconsin/Minnesota.

Tell me about it. They f***ed him up royally. I'll probably fodder this one out and get the yellow singlet RVD in DA6. I like all the ying yangs on that one. But that series 1 ECW RVD is a must for that belt. Plus I'd get a good head to do a swap. I f***in hat this head, looks like someone just jigged his booty with a corkscrew.

But DA5 Big Show is cool, I like him. He's a big mofo.

DA6 does look good. Kenny is my choice for an Owen aswell. Plus the headband is supposedly removeable. Hmm, Finlay into Neidhart. you're onto something there my friend. And don't worry, i have not forgotten about tha jackets.

The DA's are the wave of the future. They're forcing me to take them out of the package and use them for match scenes. It's great.

And while I realize that the Hogan isn't the greatest figure ever made, I damn sure want it because A: It's Hulk Hogan, B: The painted title belt, and C: it was promised to me in a trade dammit!!! Where's my Hogan, G-Bats?!!!!!

Hell yes they are. My DA collection is pretty nice now. Plus the 3 CSDA's i have add into the mix, can't wait for the next wave of those.

Damn man, thats what G-Bats had for you?? That sucks. Hopefully for the both of us he comes through. He has a Sentinel for me PLUS a second CS Eddie Guerrero. I want to open mine so bad, but I'm waiting to get that one to see which is best. :(

They kinda suck but my kid will get some. The playset looks cool but the figs are just too damn small IMO. They shoulda made them like GI Joes.

Damn man, thats what G-Bats had for you?? That sucks. Hopefully for the both of us he comes through. He has a Sentinel for me PLUS a second CS Eddie Guerrero. I want to open mine so bad, but I'm waiting to get that one to see which is best. :(

He also had the CSDA Rock for me as well. I dealt my Wolverine, Cyclops and Green Goblin variants to him for the 4 CSDA figures I needed. He delivered Piper and Flair but I'm still waiting for Hogan and Rocky.

He also had the CSDA Rock for me as well. I dealt my Wolverine, Cyclops and Green Goblin variants to him for the 4 CSDA figures I needed. He delivered Piper and Flair but I'm still waiting for Hogan and Rocky.

Damn, that sucks.

I dunno bro, its not looking good for us.

*UPDATED*

Removed Rocky Balboa from wants. Found him at Wal-Mart in Bloomington, MN today.

Not yet....I'm losing hope. I went to 4 different TRUs today and all I saw was 7 Pipers and 1 Flair. Not a Hogan or Rock to be found. I'm really getting pissed.

So am I. A friggin Sentinel and Eddie Guerrero bro. WTF?

I don't know. The only explanation I can think of is that's he's a college student on winter break and hasn't had much PC access. But that shouldn't have stopped him from sending stuff.

Hmm, thats true. In any case having the stuff we've shipped him arrive should've given him reason enough to take initiative and send us our stuff.

My point exactly. The least he could do is update us. But I just don't know what to do at this point.

I'm kinda clueless myself. I'll have a talk with my mod friend on fwoosh about what we discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"