Halo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness. This game is absolutely beautiful.

I'm awestruck at both the in game and cinematic graphics. Wow.

The dialogue and story is so damn strong too. The intro scene of John's history was goosebumps raising.

I had no idea they were going to incorporate aspects of the novel too (by giving John an oblong head and freckles). Freaking awesome.

Agreed. I'm on Chp 6 so far and it's been a blast. Did they change MC's voice actor though? I could swear he sounds different but then again, I haven't heard it since Halo 3.

I really wish the view would remain in the first person when you got into vehicles. Never understood the thought of taking the player out of that perspective. Completely shatters the immersion.

So you can see your environment and all the crazy action going on around you. And no Apocalypse they did not change his voice actor

Agreed. I'm on Chp 6 so far and it's been a blast. Did they change MC's voice actor though? I could swear he sounds different but then again, I haven't heard it since Halo 3.

Nope, they got the same guy. Steve Downes.

Does he do sound a little different though? I have to wait for my game, but since it's story heavy and he gets to talk a lot more and has to show emotion, maybe Downes stepped up his game and sounds different.

Does he do sound a little different though? I have to wait for my game, but since it's story heavy and he gets to talk a lot more and has to show emotion, maybe Downes stepped up his game and sounds different.
Just go out and buy Halo anywhere, and when your copy comes in the mail, take that copy and return within 30 days of your store purchase. It has the same bar code on all cases. I've done this with a few games in the past, when Amazon didn't ship on time. As long as you have one sealed case, you'll be fine to take it back. Most places like Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Gamestop, etc will return the game, as long as it hasn't been opened.

Last edited:
Lovely plan, except it won't work. I live in Germany, but I've ordered the UK version.

So you can see your environment and all the crazy action going on around you. And no Apocalypse they did not change his voice actor

I think it works better from the first person. If you are going to do an FPS, then do an FPS. Killzone 3 had some AWESOME moments where the player took control of a Mech and it kept the view in the FP. That was like the highlight of that game for me. I mean i love the little touches this game has added for that first person perspective. Seeing Chief actually reach out to touch a panel goes a long way to keeping you in the shoes of MC. Also love how the HUD actually looks like we are inside Chiefs helmet.

It only lasts till November 30th? Does that mean when the offer ends to sign up, or that you have to complete that many hours before the 30th? If so, that's a ridiculous amount of hours to complete, just to get a free $3-$6 worth of MSP.
Only till Nov 30th as far as I understand it. The 35 hours is definitely realistic for me, maybe 70 if play nothing else. 140 I would have to give up work for! :woot:

This offer is good for people who are going to be playing it anyway but otherwise the finish date is too early.

Just go out and buy Halo anywhere, and when your copy comes in the mail, take that copy and return within 30 days of your store purchase. It has the same bar code on all cases.

Not always. I tried to do that with The Amazing Spider-Man, where i purchased it from Amazon but bought the game at Midnight at Walmart and when i tried to take my Amazon copy back to Walmart they claimed it wasnt the same SKU that i had purchased. I mean they took it back any way, but those SKUs can differ.

Maybe that's something they should add as an option for the next game. Going into the gameplay menu and setting whether or not you want to enter 3rd person view if you enter a vehicle.

Maybe that's something they should add as an option for the next game. Going into the gameplay menu and setting whether or not you want to enter 3rd person view if you enter a vehicle.

Yea thats what i think they should do.

Don't think that would work, given the vehicle control scheme

Not always. I tried to do that with The Amazing Spider-Man, where i purchased it from Amazon but bought the game at Midnight at Walmart and when i tried to take my Amazon copy back to Walmart they claimed it wasnt the same SKU that i had purchased. I mean they took it back any way, but those SKUs can differ.
That's because you got to tell them to use the UPC, not the SKU, cause SKUs can have different #s, even in the same store. All games have the same UPC(as long as its the same game/edition), which is all that matters. ;)

Last edited:
I'd definitely enjoy some 1st person moments in vehicles. Like driving over Grunts and having them hit your windshield. With blood splatter all over. :awesome:

And controlling a Mech in 1st person is always great. That was one of my favorite moments in MGS 4.

I'd definitely enjoy some 1st person moments in vehicles. Like driving over Grunts and having them hit your windshield. With blood splatter all over. :awesome:

And controlling a Mech in 1st person is always great. That was one of my favorite moments in MGS 4.

Yea i agree. My biggest issue with FPS games is devs always find ways to take you out of the experience. We are supposed to be inside that character, so keep the player there. Far Cry 2 did a great job at keeping the player in the body of the protagonist. I dont think we saw the PC once in that entire game.

Well the classic Halo steering mechanic is just tilt forward on the lift stick, adjust camera stick to steer. Simple but effective. FPS driving mechanics require a specific steering button and a reverse button, least of all.

Also, FPS in Halo would have you missing about 80% of the action, especially anything taking place in the air.

I do like FPS driving in the games you mentioned but one size does not fit all in game design.

Yeah, for Halo, the third person view just works for how the game has always played.

Or maybe add a setting like Skyrim to make the whole game 3rd person! :woot: Much better for connecting with the main character to me.

Also, FPS in Halo would have you missing about 80% of the action, especially anything taking place in the air.

Would that really be a problem though? When you enter vehicles in other FPS games, you also don't see all the **** blowing up around you. Doesn't really diminish the experience.

Good heavens the campaign ins fun... I feel like I'm playing Halo: CE for the first time all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"