Halo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but considering this is the future, who knows? Perhaps Earth's bounce-back was a direct cause from resources and advanced technology.

But they assumed Master Chief was KIA at the end of Halo 3. Even if they believed Master Chief was still alive somewhere, they wouldn't know where to start searching.

Well, that's true. Still it would have been nice to have some alien allies.

It is strange considering the circumstances. I don't why the remaining Elites (who have sided with the radicals) would stick by "The Covenant" label. One would think they'd go under a new group name.

I assume it's just fan service from 343.

Yep but it's never truly consistent. There's always going to sub-groups/divisions that don't agree with the majority consensus. For instance, The Brutes left The Covenant shortly after The Civil War but I'm willing to bet we've not seen the last of a few Brutes identifying themselves as Covenant Loyalists.

Maybe it's fan appeal. I don't know. Though it would have made much more sense to use Brutes as enemies in this game, if they wanted to reuse the Covenant. Now it's needlessly confusing. I'm guessing they simply preferred Elites, since they're more iconic. I just think they should have clarified it in the game.

They're just cannon fodder here for the Prometheans. They don't even get characters.

Well, that's true. Still it would have been nice to have some alien allies.

Incidentally, The Arbiter was one Halo's most popular characters. We might see him make a return in future sequels. At the current moment, however, the character is trying to avoid assassination.

Maybe it's fan appeal. I don't know. Though it would have made much more sense to use Brutes as enemies in this game, if they wanted to reuse the Covenant. Now it's needlessly confusing. I'm guessing they simply preferred Elites, since they're more iconic. I just think they should have clarified it in the game.

343 specifically and publicly made it known that excluding The Brutes out of Halo 4 was done on purpose (story-wise). It might also have been due to The Brutes not being fan-favorites (which is news to me since I view them as a challenge). Sure, they're not intelligent in combat but Brutes are known for their strength and aggressiveness.

I miss them. I hope they'll be back for Halo 5.

They need to start putting more of that book stuff in the game.

I'm surprised more people didn't like the Brutes. My favorite enemy, really. Every battle turns into a brawl.

Brutes might be my least favorite characters. I guess I'm just not a fan of the design, or how they move.

Brutes might be my least favorite characters. I guess I'm just not a fan of the design, or how they move.

Really?

I like an enemy that comes at you. Elites generally hang back, take shots at you. Only the ones with swords charge you, and those are rare.

How can anyone dislike The Brutes? They're freakin' awesome and intimidating as hell.

brutehalo3.jpg

I love the design. Their monstrous power and surprising agility give the gamer a formidable foe.

The Brutes are definitely my favorite Halo enemies. I like the Elites as allies more, hopefully we see the heroic Elites in Halo 5.

This game is really great so far. Everything about it is better than Reach already. :D

Well, I just beat the game. Have rather mixed reactions.

The plot is all over the place. The supporting characters were pretty damn forgettable. I couldn't tell the Spartan IVs from the generic marines.

I admit I really didn't understand what was going on half the time (beyond, save Earth from new bad guy). The fact that there are no returning characters besides the Master Chief and Cortana makes it feel rather apart from the rest of the trilogy (then again, most of the characters died in 3, but seriously, no Arbiter? Not even a cameo in the stinger?).

People said Reach had shallow, uninteresting characters, wait until they meet this bunch... The Covenant / Elites didn't even get characters.

On the plus side, the visuals were insane. The music was also quite good. Not awesome like it used to be (hard to top the Halo theme), but you can't call this bad by any stretch.

The gameplay hasn't changed much, so... still great. The gameplay had a few interesting segments I would have liked to have seen more of. The Mantis was a great addition.

So, overall mixed. At least when comparing it to other Halo games.

You're the only one I've heard that had any kind of issue with the game. It's my favorite Halo since CE. Easily.

I don't own a copy myself just yet, but my roommate let me play his copy for a while as he was watching HBO GO on his xbox. I only played a few multiplayer matches but I LOVED it! Frantic fast-paced and a classic fun take on the staple Halo gameplay. Definitely seems better than Reach, but I need more time to finalize those thoughts. Played a couple of Infinity Slayer and Big Team Slayer(which I got a Overkill and Killing Frenzy on a Gauss Hog :D) as well as the Flood mode which I thought was really cool.

Hopefully I will get a copy this weekend.

You're the only one I've heard that had any kind of issue with the game. It's my favorite Halo since CE. Easily.

Same here. Halo 4's story and antagonist have been praised. In my opinion, 343 outclassed Bungie here. Halo 4, thus far, is the best Halo installment yet.

I didn't really like the main enemy. He spouts philosophical mumbo jumbo half the time in a vein attempt to make him seem sophisticated. One of the things I like the least TBH.

The Prophets worked better IMO.

Hence why everyone gives it a perfect 10 out of 10, right?
It's been getting 9's or 9/5 out 10s in those. but it shows it's a fun game. So no it's not perfect. But it's still fun and enjoyable and that all that matters in the end. and should be seen for what it is.

Last edited:
I'm critiquing it. I never said it wasn't fun.

I'm having a blast stomping the hell out of Grunts with a Mantis.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't have problems.

I'm critiquing it. I never said it wasn't fun.

I'm having a blast stomping the hell out of Grunts with a Mantis.

But that doesn't mean it doesn't have problems.
As i Said it's not perfect, but after hearing what the creative director said in the Vic's basement pod cast and the fact that he told their writer from the star wars clone wars animated series to [BLACKOUT]revolve Cortana's mental deterioration around what went down with his own family member.
[/BLACKOUT]
I think they put more then enough work into this. and those problems will be resolved when they get around to it. They are a new studio still, this was bound to happen, But what they did was stellar for their first go at this.

It's not preventing the game from being fun in a huge way. So as long as it stays that way it's all good. But no ones saying it's perfect. but it is Very fun and enjoyable to earn what it earned. Yes .

Last edited:
Things that sucks about Halo 4:

-On multiplayer,you have to reach a certain amount of points to win,instead of your team killing 50.

-People starting the game with different weapons.

-When someone quits or gets booted a player automatically is put on your team to make it even.

-Jetpacks not going as high as they use too.

-Sprint is no longer an armor item,everyone has it.

-Thrust armor.

-Everything is too shiny.

-Theres not that many multiplayer maps.

-The rail gun has to charge.

-Boltshot pistol.

I do seem to find myself running out of ammo a lot more in this game. Mainly in campaign.

They did that on purpose. Makes the situation feel more dangerous if you need to keep scrounging for weapons.

GoldGoblin said:
Things that are great about Halo 4:

-On multiplayer,you have to reach a certain amount of points to win,instead of your team killing 50.

-When someone quits or gets booted a player automatically is put on your team to make it even.

-Everything is shiny.

-Theres a perfectly adequate number of starting MP maps.

-The rail gun has to charge...and is then awesome.

Fixed

Things that sucks about Halo 4:

-Thrust armor.

-Everything is too shiny.

-Theres not that many multiplayer maps.

-The rail gun has to charge.

-Boltshot pistol.

Man I disagree with you on everything

So regarding the Team scoring now, is it just the ten points per kill that contribute to the score or do assists count as well?

I didn't really like the main enemy. He spouts philosophical mumbo jumbo half the time in a vein attempt to make him seem sophisticated. One of the things I like the least TBH.

The Prophets worked better IMO.

Dude, it's the Didact (a Forerunner). He's been described as philosophical. So I don't understand your complaint. It's not about sophistication.

I do miss some of the old power things. The bubble shield, the armor lock, etc.

The ones in this game were of limited use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"