Halo Fan Thread

Reach will have it's own multiplayer, so I doubt it. But one could hope for a second disk with what you said that comes with Reach.
I mean new redesigned Fire Fight + Matchmaking in the new Reach engine

Can't be as epic as the guy who played on Legendary by himself for 20+ hours, racking up 10mil points.
Even by Halo standards, that is absolutely pathetic. I mean there are days when I have free time to spend, but twenty hours? Practically an entire day of playing Halo? That's just embarrassing.

Well we don't know the whole story. I was thinking he had friends come over and play for him a few hours or something.

It does?

IMO it doesn't, good for playing with friends(if you have any that is). You gotta work together and everyone isn't constantly saying how much "better" they are then you or some crap like that.

On a side note, anybody hear the OST.

Firefight sucks by yourself, but that's not how it's mean to be played.

If it had matchmaking, I'd be a lot happier.

so people that have this, do you feel it was worth the price of a full retail game? I rememebr there being controversy over that when it was first announced

No firefight is just boring, nothing spontanteous happens, I played it 3 times and might never play it again. It's not as good as the uber gory horde or the ultra fun terrorist hunt. P.s. I have lots of friends to play with(3 Accts full to the top with halo players), but it's just no where near as fun as Nazi zombies or other horde type games, there should be elites, and arbiter and tarturas.

I hope they get an dlc campaign, possibly during the time of halo 2, or halo 1, can u say flood mission. Have it follow Dutch, and have him be called the rookie, until one cutscene he says his name is Dutch.

I hate the flood, and playing as Dutch as a rookie, that's just corny. It's okay once, but twice?

I'd rather have a Mickey mission where you fly a Pelican or a hornet.

Better yet give us some challenge game types. You know, for Dutch you have to take down 20 banshees in under 1 minutes using spartan lazer or rocket launcher. For Romeo you have to get 25 Brute head shots with Sniper in under a minute as well. The difficulty will increase, and I just don't mean more powerful enemies, I mean stuff like having to No-Scope the headshots on brutes. And so on, each charecter with their challenges corresponding to their specialties.

Now that will be fun.

True but I hate vehicle missions, something cool would be an epic battle, I do like the flood missions(pre halo 3), no gravemind, and zombie mode would be cool, just flood, on a dark map(they can't use guns),

does anyone feel firefight is practically campaign, bungie needs to stop gettin ****** ideas, halo 1 and 2 were awesome, halo 3 doesn't deliver, the campaigns(odst and the cheiftans cmpgn) aren't that good, it seems like they're being rushed to deliver by Microsoft.
Odst gets a 6.5/10 in my book, I love the smg and the mag, but firefight is almost always the same(and it's too easy on legendary).

whoa...can't believe i might actually get all the achevements for ODST.... haven't completed an achievement list for ANY Xbox game so far....

Has anyone seen those supposedly leaked shots of Reach?

Link not working for me

Can't work out if these are real or not....but i've just had a look at the Bungie forums... and they have really SMASHED anyone that opened a thread about anything to do with the leaks...

There is no way that those are fake. They are real and look awesome. The needle carbine looks sweet. I'm diggin the new looks for the battle rifle and spartan laser and the hud with your teammates health on it. Looks like it'll be a fantastic game.

Last edited:
wonder if Bungie will bring out any real stuff soonish... to counteract the crappy quality of these.... or if they'll still hold out till next year with any new Reach stuff

I just saw them on vgchartz, where a lot of guys are saying it looks like crap.
I don´t know what those guys are smoking, but it looks amazing, and it still 1 year away.
I really looks it can give Killzone 2 a run for it´s money, which i figured it would.

There is no way that those are fake.

If they are taking them down they probably are real.
They could easily be faked though by sticking models and custom UI in a different game engine e.g. Gears Of War man on source http://i34.tinypic.com/9hs906.jpg hook up the pc to a HD-TV, move it out of view, turn an xbox360 on within view and deliberately take shaky barely discernible photographs, then obviously plop them on the internet.

Yes, but it distinctly LOOKS like Halo. You can tell if another engine is being used or not, because not even custom models can hide design elements exclusive to each. With that said, Bungie is on a massive manhunt for anyone even talking about these pics, so it seems the cat's out the bag.

I've heard Bungie built a whole new engine for this, so I'm eagerly hoping they can finally push the 360s power. I'm currently playing Killzone 2 and I'd be surprised if Reach can match or even exceed the sheer greatness of those graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"