Halo Fan Thread

because not even custom models can hide design elements exclusive to each.

Perhaps you could explain what you mean by this, I don't quite understand.#
Actually come to think of it, that would be sort of pointless as you could just photo-shop an image.

Last edited:
If someone were to port/remake Halo three times using Source, Unreal, and CryEngine.....you'd see distinct differences in all three, I would think.

I think the game will look great, I just think shooting for Killzone 2 graphics is aiming a little too high. Bungie have never been a developer about graphics, they are more interested in the game play aspect. I think this game looks like it will deliver on that front.

I look forward to seeing more of this; it’s a shame that this was leaked though. =/

I think the game will look great, I just think shooting for Killzone 2 graphics is aiming a little too high. Bungie have never been a developer about graphics, they are more interested in the game play aspect. I think this game looks like it will deliver on that front.

I look forward to seeing more of this; it’s a shame that this was leaked though. =/

Haha yea, Halo isnt about to reach Killzone 2 visuals, not even close. Like you said, Bungie doesnt really focus on visuals being their wow factor, the gameplay does that for them.

On the subject of Halo tho, i just finished Halo 3: ODST and i enjoyed it. I really like the ODST's. Id like a game featuring them again but with less 'Halo' more 'Brothers in Arms' type gameplay.

Yeah, I care more about gameplay than graphics.

Which is why L4D & Halo are better than over half of PS3's library.

Well i want both. Take one peek and Uncharted: Among Thieves and you'll see why visuals can really push a game over the edge.

Personally I think they both go hand in hand. You can't have great game play without great graphics and you can't have great graphics without great game play.

Graphics make the player feel more immersed in their overall experience. If the visuals are aesthetically pleasing, then you can have a blast playing. However if the visuals are awful, your experience will be a little dry because you are looking at something that is not aesthetically pleasing.

Overall you can't have one without the other. I try and replay the old games that I loved back in the PS2 days, Spider-Man 2 or God of War. But, because the graphics aren't what we are used to now, it’s hard to commit playing them for more than half an hour.

I think this game definitely has the potential to look great. In terms of visuals though, I’m not expecting this game to look like something seen on the Playstation 3 hardware.

Personally I think they both go hand in hand. You can't have great game play without great graphics and you can't have great graphics without great game play.

Graphics make the player feel more immersed in their overall experience. If the visuals are aesthetically pleasing, then you can have a blast playing. However if the visuals are awful, your experience will be a little dry because you are looking at something that is not aesthetically pleasing.

Overall you can't have one without the other. I try and replay the old games that I loved back in the PS2 days, Spider-Man 2 or God of War. But, because the graphics aren't what we are used to now, it’s hard to commit playing them for more than half an hour.

I think this game definitely has the potential to look great. In terms of visuals though, I’m not expecting this game to look like something seen on the Playstation 3 hardware.

Yea i agree with you.

The 360 just isnt capable of pulling off visuals the likes of an Among Thieves.

I think there's one of the Legends vids appearing on Waypoint in the next few hours... might already be up there

Well there's supposed to be that "Baby Sitter" one on the Waypoint today. I'm really diggin the new Halo Waypoint and firefight on ODST is the most fun I've had gaming in awhile. Thumbs up to Bungie!!

It's up there...... seen it twice today... short... but sweet

looking on the box for ODST... it says 'Spring 2010' as the start date for the Reach Beta.....

hmm I hope I get to play it when it goes live. I know when the Halo 3 beta went up it was laggier than ****. I'm sure everyone and their moms are gonna be on the Halo Reach beta

From what i've seen.... if you have ODST... you get in.

Yeah you have to have ODST to get in, but I'm fairly certain that a **** ton of people are gonna be playing that all at the same time. I hope they have a pretty meaty server to handle it

Well i want both. Take one peek and Uncharted: Among Thieves and you'll see why visuals can really push a game over the edge.
Yeah, Uncharted 2 does look great. It's one of the few that focused on both, but it looks like Halo: Reach will be up there with it. :woot:

Yeah, Uncharted 2 does look great. It's one of the few that focused on both, but it looks like Halo: Reach will be up there with it. :woot:

Yea, if those leaked shots are real, it does look like Reach is going to be far better looking than the previous titles, which is needed.

What i´ve read about the Reach pics is that they are from an early built, which means that the graphics will be even better.

On other news...
Have anyone already watched the 1st Halo Legends episode on Halo Waypoint?
It´s only up for 24h.
It´s cool :up:

I'll have to check that out.
Waypoint is a pretty cool idea.

Can we download these episodes anywhere ? The first one was cool hopefully people capture these in good HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"