Sci-Fi Halo - The Live Action TV Series - By Steven Spielberg

Nope but it at least looks a tad cleaned up for the 4K transfer but not by much.
That sounds disappointingly lazy and sloppy to do. Releasing it that way in the first place was bad but then to just shrug their shoulders and do it with a physical release?

The visuals were kind of a turnoff for me for Halo when it doesn't look as good as CG cutscenes on current-gen consoles and looks like late 90s, early 00s SyFy channel visuals.

Streaming and event TV has come a long way, but it can still not look as good as a movie with reasonably good production values.

Managed to order the 4K with an offer. Only saw the first episode but liked it enough to wanna see the rest.

Haven’t subbed to Paramount + for this yet. Shame if the visuals aren’t great. They should have been considerably better than the best game scenes.

Quick question… for those who have played the games and didn’t like the show, what were the key changes that rubbed you the wrong way? I’ve seen a lot of “the Halo show sucked” comments online but most of them just talk about the helmet thing. And I mean, I know Mandalorian managed to make a show work where a guy almost never takes his helmet off but by season 3, the flaws in that concept have become more apparent. What are some of the other things that people didn’t care for?

Quick question… for those who have played the games and didn’t like the show, what were the key changes that rubbed you the wrong way? I’ve seen a lot of “the Halo show sucked” comments online but most of them just talk about the helmet thing. And I mean, I know Mandalorian managed to make a show work where a guy almost never takes his helmet off but by season 3, the flaws in that concept have become more apparent. What are some of the other things that people didn’t care for?
I can’t answer this as I’ve played and loved all the games but not yet seen the show, but yeah, I don’t see the point of keeping the helmet on for the whole show where you benefit from seeing more of the character underneath without hours of gameplay to distract from that.

I can’t answer this as I’ve played and loved all the games but not yet seen the show, but yeah, I don’t see the point of keeping the helmet on for the whole show where you benefit from seeing more of the character underneath without hours of gameplay to distract from that.

they could have easily worked around that with how they used the Interface for the Iron man suit in the first IM movie

they had a human lead the covenant [spoiler/] that was a huge turn off for some me included

The pacing and the overall structure where my biggest problems with Season 1. Weirdly, enough its the same stuff I also had a problem with in ROP as well, but its something that can be easily fixed IMO.

Other than that, I actually enjoyed the first season quite a bit and I'm definitely looking forward to Season 2. The helmet thing didn't really bother me at all, but I'm not against him wearing it more either.

Yeah, I totally get the pacing and structural issues (and I also had those issues with ROP, even as I liked it overall). Hopefully they’ll work some of that stuff out. The one thing that really made me groan was when they did that thing that EVERY show seems to do these days, in which the main storyline reaches a critical plot point and then the next episode is a complete detour from it so that audiences have to wait yet ANOTHER week to learn what happened next. I hate when shows do that and I wish they would knock it off.

If you look at the Halo television series as not Halo but a cheap knock off of Halo, then it's not so bad. It's not that good but it isn't as terrible as a Halo adaptation either.

they could have easily worked around that with how they used the Interface for the Iron man suit in the first IM movie

they had a human lead the covenant [spoiler/] that was a huge turn off for some me included

Are you talking about Makee?
because it was made quite clear she wasn't leading them and later clear they were just using her to get what they wanted.

Are you talking about Makee?
because it was made quite clear she wasn't leading them and later clear they were just using her to get what they wanted.

yeah i have already left the show by the time they made that clear

Did they ever offer explanation as to why they decided to create their own continuity with this show instead of following the game/book canon?

Guess that's why season 1 is up on youtube.

I guess now that I have an Xbox I’ll have to finally play some of these games so I can see what the differences are between them and the show. Anyway though, I’m looking forward to season 2. Hopefully they worked out some of the kinks that bogged the first season down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"