The Dark Knight new news: fabricky costume for TDK

I see it took alot of time and effort, but I think Wams design is disgusting.

Awful?
Please elaborate.:huh:
Eh, he just doesn't like it. Don't fret over it.

Personally, I'd have to see it actually built to make a judgement call on your design. It's certainly a nice drawing, but I'm uncertain as to how it would look actually constructed. And as a general rule, I'm not a fan of the yellow oval, either.

It doesn't look like the Batman they've seen in all the comic books.

Eh, he just doesn't like it. Don't fret over it.

Personally, I'd have to see it actually built to make a judgement call on your design. It's certainly a nice drawing, but I'm uncertain as to how it would look actually constructed. And as a general rule, I'm not a fan of the yellow oval, either.

Im not fretting over it in the least.
I would love to hear a reasonable explanation for not getting it
instead of..."Awful" or "Disgusting".
I personally don't think I did anything in the drawing that is counter
what was seen in the comics.:yay:

Im not fretting over it in the least.
I would love to hear a reasonable explanation for not getting it
instead of..."Awful" or "Disgusting".
I personally don't think I did anything in the drawing that is counter
what was seen in the comics.:yay:
I like the drawing, but I feel the suit is too angular. The begin's suit is too angular for my taste, but it has a roundness to it as well. (It's hard to explain.)
But the suit you have designed, while exiting and fresh, looks too similar to the sky high suit.

I feel like a change like that for THE DARK KNIGHT is far too jarring for a series that should really have a tight continuity. Minor tweaks I can handle, but what you're suggesting is such a radical change would be too much.

my memory isn't too sharp, but I remember a guy on the BOF forums during BB preproduction that stated there were a few concepts created, one of which was spider-man suit similar. however, they went with one he didn't like ... the one we got. I can't remember what, if any, specific details he might have given ... but for this Batman, I really can't see a spider-man suit working. were they to do one closer to the world of the comics, I could see it. but for a guy to do what Batman has to do, in the real world, the heavier armored look needs to be there to keep up the facade of reality (really, between the magic electro cape and armor suit, they pushed reality as far as they could). the only thing we're going to get is a more uniform looking suit (than one that looks intentionally pieced together). and, likely, a different material while still being the same suit. by that, I mean it'll probably still look rubber-like, definitely won't look too much like a fabric/cloth. but I'm sure they have had longer this time around to test different material makeups to improve flexibility and, most importantly, comfort. flexibility can be faked with making suits specific for certain movements; ie. a cowl made specific for a dramatic head turn without crazy rippling or folding ... like the "taste of your own medicine dr. crane" scene in BB.

body%20armour.bmp
http://www.azom.com/details.asp?ArticleID=2555
Regardless whether or not you want this look, the technology behind it is nothing short of incredible

That is amazing. It would be cool to see it incorporated into the flick.

Interesting....it seems by using the realism angle, Nolan has boxed himself in, and therefore really can't change the tone of the franchise with a fabric costume or anything else that may lean more towards fantasy.

Nolan essentially went with what was already established in the previous Bat-franchise, "what if a someone really tried to be Batman"? Yes, Burton's take on the Batman universe was stylized, but the premise of "his" Batman was the same. For all the so-called differences between the suits from the previous films, the concept is still the same, no matter how you try to spin it; A MAN IN A RUBBER SUIT.

The fabric look ala Spider-man can work, but it has to be done within the context of the film, i.e., fantasy--a comicbook movie, which is probably what most fans were hoping they were going to get (after seeing the SM films) after waiting all these years for a remake of the Batman franchise--finally, the Batman from the comics or TAS would be fully realized....

...guess not. We're stuck with another guy in a rubber suit for a good long time so we might as well get used to it. It's not so bad I guess, at least Nolan's films are good and do Batman justice...of sorts.

I don't think it is necessary to build up thick foam muscles ...
It can be indicated in the print of the suit graphically in to a wetsuit.:word:
It will creat the same illusion but with more flexability.
The only thing that needs to be sculpted is the cowl,belt and insignia.
TheBatSuit2k07BW.jpg

TheBatSuit2k07.jpg

P.S...I would have the suit be black on black.

:spidey:
:supes:

I think saying that this is awful or disgusting is a bit disrespectful. I really like the design here Wams...well, all except the yellow oval. If it could just be a bigger black bat it would be near perfect IMO.

"Disgusting"?:huh:
Why..."disgusting"?
Its too Batman Forever-ish looking to me. And the oval makes me want to puke. They're getting away from that with the new franchise's Batman symbol. I never found it to be that appealing. Plus he is wearing a thong in your design.

Its too Batman Forever-ish looking to me. And the oval makes me want to puke. They're getting away from that with the new franchise's Batman symbol. I never found it to be that appealing. Plus he is wearing a thong in your design.

It's a one piece suit...He is not wearing a thong.:whatever:
Batman Begins was wearing a thong for real.

I don't think it is necessary to build up thick foam muscles ...
It can be indicated in the print of the suit graphically in to a wetsuit.:word:
It will creat the same illusion but with more flexability.
The only thing that needs to be sculpted is the cowl,belt and insignia.
TheBatSuit2k07BW.jpg

TheBatSuit2k07.jpg

P.S...I would have the suit be black on black.

:spidey:
:supes:

I was getting ready to say something about the light gray until I read the "black on black" comment. I would go for a charcoal gray with black instead and a bit of a Big Black Bat emblem instead of the yellow emblem. Looks a bit too mechanical and armor-ish, but that could just be the drawing. I'd make it a bit more organic.

But genius design Wams. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"