The Dark Knight Harvey Dent Threads Merged

Katsuro

Superhero
Reaction score
Well, a new Joker Poll was created not too long ago, to replaced the long outdated one, so I figured the same should be done for Harvey Dent, who hasn't even had an active poll in a long time. So, pick who you want to play District Attourney Harvey Dent, and later the supervillain Two-Face. If I forgot to add your favorite, choose "Other" and name them.

My choice, which should be obvious to people who have read many of my posts, is Liev Schreiber.

It should be Liev. Josh Lucas is demanding to play the part, but really he is a "so-so" actor. Sure, he starred in "American Psycho" with Christian Bale, but "Stealth" and "Poseidon" sucked.

Rufus Sewell
3120.jpg

Peter Sarsgaard
peter-sarsgaard-1-sized.jpg

Liev Schreiber
Liev_narrowweb__200x232.jpg

Joaquin Phoenix
1097582039_in_phoenix.jpg

Justin Theroux
JustinTheroux(Christina).jpg

Eion Bailey
eion_bailey04.jpg

Guy Pearce
guy_pearce.jpg

Vince Vaughn. He can play evil (Psycho, Domestic Disturbance) and mr. nice guy (Old School).

I think Pheonix is my top choice, but I think I'm gonna vote Scott because I'm the reason he's up there. Schreiber is #3.

Schreiber is my top choice.
Phoenix would be a close #2.

I have absolutely zero beef with Schreiber getting this role.

Liev actually seems the best candidate for me - he's big enough, the right age, and he's shown his crazy side in "The Manchurian Candidate" when he hit on his mom, Meryl Streep.

Plus, he was a key player in the "Scream" franchise. Bonus points for him! :up:

Gyllenhaal's too young for my tastes - he's like Tobey Maguire, they both have a very young look that's hard to take seriously.

Phoenix, I suppose - his cleft palate scar will help the make-up artists figure out the divide! :)

No for Guy Pearce - too weaselly looking. Despite his half-way, I always thought of Two-Face as physically very solid and imposing.

Sarsgaard - he's so creepy it just might work!

Rufus Sewell - THANK you for posting his picture. I had no idea who he was until you did. Very good looking, he could pull it off. Hey, if he's in BB2 with Bettany as Joker - just add Heath Ledger as Pizza Delivery Boy #2 and we'll have a "Knight's Tale" reunion!

Eion Bailey - no idea who he is, but he has absolutely NOTHING about him that screams "Two-Face" to me.

AnimeJune said:
Liev actually seems the best candidate for me - he's big enough, the right age, and he's shown his crazy side in "The Manchurian Candidate" when he hit on his mom, Meryl Streep.
Plus, he was a key player in the "Scream" franchise. Bonus points for him! :up:
:up:

Gyllenhaal's too young for my tastes - he's like Tobey Maguire, they both have a very young look that's hard to take seriously.
I feel the same way...for all of Norm's talk of "An average age for a DA is 28" talk, he still looks young...and his voice isn't right.

Phoenix, I suppose - his cleft palate scar will help the make-up artists figure out the divide! :)
I think they'd have to erase it for pre-scarred Harvey. If scarring your face is going to make you snap, you'd better have a pristine face before that happens.

No for Guy Pearce - too weaselly looking. Despite his half-way, I always thought of Two-Face as physically very solid and imposing.
Pearce has worked with Nolan before, and I would like to see him square off against Bale, but I don't see him in this role.

Sarsgaard - he's so creepy it just might work!
Maybe, but he's kinda boyish-looking. Harvey Dent has to be a manly, manly man. More points for Schreiber.

Rufus Sewell - THANK you for posting his picture. I had no idea who he was until you did. Very good looking, he could pull it off. Hey, if he's in BB2 with Bettany as Joker - just add Heath Ledger as Pizza Delivery Boy #2 and we'll have a "Knight's Tale" reunion!
Gets points for having done a movie with Kiefer Sutherland. He'd probably be awesome, but I prefer my top 3 (Pheonix, Schreiber and Scott).

Eion Bailey - no idea who he is, but he has absolutely NOTHING about him that screams "Two-Face" to me.
He was up for Superman at one point I believe. I don't know him.

As for Meloni: The more I think about him, the more I like the idea. He could be my #4.

Ronny Shade said:
He was up for Superman at one point I believe.

No, Bailey actually screentested for Begins.

My Top 5:

1) Liev Schreiber
liev-schreiber-manchurian-candidate.jpg

2) Denzel Washington
dw44.jpg

3) John Cusack
John%20Cusack.jpg

4) Keifer Sutherland
imageLA11604110021.jpg

5) Jim Caviezel
caviezel-jim-photo-xl-jim-caviezel-6234132.jpg

There are a lot of actors who could do well in the role. Peter Sarsgaard was my number one choice for a long time, and he could still knock it out of the park. Although, I do think he'd be an even better Riddler.

John Cusack is a great choice as well. He can blend light and dark like few actors can.

Liev Schreiber, the seeming fan favorite, would do fine. He's a talented actor, but he's not my favorite.

Josh Lucas . . . I don't like Josh Lucas. He always comes off as cocky and arrogant. I don't know if he could give Dent a lighter side. I just don't really care for Lucas as an actor, to be honest.

That brings me to my number one choice for the role - Joaquin Phoenix. He is one of the best young actors working right now. Watch Walk the Line. He became Johnny Cash. He can play intense, he can play quiet and nice, he can play evil, he can play average joe. He's got everything Dent needs.

allabout2.jpg

james_caan2.jpg

walkpre.jpg

I of course voted for Liev, however my secondary choices are:

2a: Jake Gyllenhaal (If they went a young route)
2b: Chris Meloni (If they went badass Harvey route)
2c: Joaquin Pheonix (If they went professional Harvey route)

1. Liev Schreiber

2. Joaquin Phoenix

3. Rufus Sewell

Schreiber and Phoenix are basically a tie for me, but if I had to choose one of them it would be Schreiber.

Eric Bana (please, none of that 'But he was Hulk!' crap) or Joaquin Phoenix.

Lucas was also in The Hulk, so I see no problem with Bana.

Eddie Dean said:
Lucas was also in The Hulk, so I see no problem with Bana.
That's how I see it, too. Bana is an incredible actor; he can play charming or psycho in his sleep.

Yeah, Bana would be good.

I would prefer him for Black Mask, but Clive Owen would make a good Dent.
clivemain.jpg

What's up with the obsession over Liev Schreiber? He would make an ok Harvey but nothing spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"