Resistance: The Fall of Man (threads Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zanos said:
Actually resistance probably looks better. But game design is not as good. It just looks like your standard first person shooter. There's almost nothing innovative about the look or gameplay. That kind of stuff has nothing to do with taking advantage of the graphics engine. Microsoft have done all the little things to make Gears fun from the look of the trailers.
lmfao

zanos said:
Actually resistance probably looks better. But game design is not as good. It just looks like your standard first person shooter. There's almost nothing innovative about the look or gameplay. That kind of stuff has nothing to do with taking advantage of the graphics engine. Microsoft have done all the little things to make Gears fun from the look of the trailers.

nah. i mean, if that's your personal preference, that's one thing, and resistance is a very very good looking game (despite what some sony haters/xbots would have you believe) but gears of war is probably the best looking game ever released on any system and/or pc.

zanos said:

Haha. :woot:

My stats for Fall of Man not very good since the damn patch, Newbs run around with shotguns but whatever. :(

Wins 149 *times came in 1st place* 40 MATCH!
Losses 166
Games Played 315
Streaks 2
Quits 28
Incompletes 4
Kills 4515
Deaths 2945
Assists 1630
Kill/death 1.533
Headshots 766
Stealth Kills 33
Melee Kills 128
Best Weapon 0
Worst Weapon Sniper Rifle

I finally got some stats in but they're still pretty off right now, only showing me with three kills and four rounds played which isn't close to accurate. It does have my ribbons however. Getting further into the actual game now and wow do I love it :up:

My stats for Fall of Man not very good since the damn patch, Newbs run around with shotguns but whatever. :(

Losses 166
Games Played 315
Streaks 2
Quits 28
Incompletes 4
Kills 4515
Deaths 2945
Assists 1630
Kill/death 1.533
Headshots 766
Stealth Kills 33
Melee Kills 128
Best Weapon 0
Worst Weapon Sniper Rifle

When I get this game can I shoot you in the head a lot so I look good? Please? :(

Is the online play any good? I've yet to try.

IMO it's fantastic, I've yet to have any sort of problem other than being a newbie

Well I have a ton, thats why my deaths are so high now because everyone will use the shot gun ever since the patch where some people said was to be a handicap for the people just got the game this christmas so they could have fun online. Its been killing me.

Also people have now started to mod where they use a lagging switch which makes this disappear and re-appear, trust me its not lag. Then there are others who give themselves infinite health and can shoot through walls with other weapons than the auger.

Theres also people who can pull a bullseye with any weapon and shoot you while running away from you facing straight and not to you.

Other than that this game is phenomenal, best story I think ever for a first person shooter.

and everyone doubted me:csad:

As long as it doesn't end on the same bloody cliffhanger. :(

Who else would love to see R:FOM as a movie? :yay:

Didn't I already post that they are making one?

Michael Bay the director of Transformers played the game and fell in love with the story. He has signed a contract with Sony to direct the Resistance movie after finishing filming on his upcoming movie.

I'm so jacked! I think Jason Statham would make a great Nathan Hale and Rachel Parker should be played by Kate Beckinsale.

Thats my dream cast so far. :)

I'm really excited, in a couple of weeks Insomniac will be releasing a world wide trailer for Resistance 2! I just can't wait to have all of the questions answered. However according to an interview with Ted Price CEO of Insomniac he stated

"Your questions will be answered in Resistance 2, however don't expect any closure...the rabbit hole descends much deeper."

Not exact quote, just from memory on reading it somewhere. Can't find it! :mad:

You're joking me? That's got to be a joke.

You're joking me? That's got to be a joke.

What do you mean am I joking?

I thought you guys would be excited to know that there is a Resistance movie coming. :D I know I am.

and knowing Michale Bay and his love for C.G.I. I expect to see a ton of Chimera ripping people apart. :cmad:

What do you mean am I joking?

I thought you guys would be excited to know that there is a Resistance movie coming. :D I know I am.

and knowing Michale Bay and his love for C.G.I. I expect to see a ton of Chimera ripping people apart. :cmad:

I just don't get it. There's not much of a plot to fall in love too, its ripped straight from any generic sci-fi movie.

If you're going to make a film Mr. Bay, make Ratchet and Clank! Or Uncharted! Or Fallout!

Fallout should be made before any of those titles. Though, considering how much respect I actually have for that game series, I take that back. The movie wouldn't do the games justice. It would take a Spielberg to get that movie right.

A Resistance movie by Michael Bay? Expect tonnes of special effects and no substance. Though, from what Electro says I guess the game had no substance anyways.

:o

I just don't get it. There's not much of a plot to fall in love too, its ripped straight from any generic sci-fi movie.

If you're going to make a film Mr. Bay, make Ratchet and Clank! Or Uncharted! Or Fallout!

I think the only way you could fall in love with Resistance's story is if your one of those people who don't take things at face value, if your one of those people who like to think outside of the box.

Thats what Resistance does and thats why I love it so much. If you read all of the timeline for the United States website, watch all of the videos on the european website, read all of the intelligence documents in the game, study the levels its a crazy story!

There are so many questions that you try to answer and can never get a real good answer to go across all of them. No one knows what the Chimera are and Insomniac has stated they are not extraterrestrials however the virus could be.

I think everyone just needs to wait until the second one, I personally think Insomniac made the first one to get their general idea out and now that everyone knows the story they are going to WOW us with the 2nd one.

Its Insomniacs track record. :)

Good, you can buy the movie-inspired costumes now instead of crafting ****ty ones yourself.

Losses 166
Games Played 315
Streaks 2
Quits 28
Incompletes 4
Kills 4515
Deaths 2945
Assists 1630
Kill/death 1.533
Headshots 766
Stealth Kills 33
Melee Kills 128