The Dark Knight Harvey Dent Threads Merged

Ben Urich said:
I'm only going to comment on those choices whom I've actually seen in a film; it's unfair to make a casting call without at least giving the actor a chance to show his skills.

Guy Pearce would make a brilliant Harvey Dent. He was calculating and precise in LA Confidential, yet showed another, more brutal side in Memento (a Nolan film, natch). The knock against him is that he's stated in interviews that he's not interested in doing comic book movies.

Josh Lucas would also do a good job with the role and, unlike Pearce, is not above playing in comic book movies; he was in Hulk. Like Pearce, he's got both a smooth, intelligent side and an edgy side. The downside is that he looks nothing like Dent.

Jake Gyllenhaal is just too young for the role, I think. He doesn't have the depth or maturity (yet) to take on such a complex and layered character as Harvey Dent. Nothing personal, but he's just not right for the part.

Joaquin Phoenix is a phoenomenal actor; he can play the entire range of the emotional spectrum convincingly. He's not as pretty as Lucas or Pearce, but he's a better actor than both of them. He'd be an interesting choice because he doesn't seem like Harvey, yet the thought of him playing Harvey is appealing.

Hugh Jackman doesn't do a whole lot for me. He's a good looking guy, a good actor, but I don't think he has the Harvey Dent part of the role down. It could be that, or it could be that I've seen X-Men one too many times. Regardless, I don't think he'd be a good choice.

Of the three that I like above, I have to go with Josh Lucas. He's young, smart, talented and he really needs a good role; this could be his big break. Just make sure he grows his hair out and dyes it brown. :up:

Josh Lucas over those more talented actors on the list?? No way.....

Guy Pearce should be considered along with Gyllenhaal and perhaps Phoenix as well as Schrieber.

Dark Knight said:
Josh Lucas over those more talented actors on the list?? No way.....

Guy Pearce should be considered along with Gyllenhaal and perhaps Phoenix as well as Schrieber.

As stated, Pearce won't do a comic book film. Gyllenhaal isn't mature enough. Phoenix would be good, but he doesn't have "the look."
I can't comment on Schrieber because I've never seen him act in anything.
All of this is just IMO anyway. I mean, I'm not trying to speak definitively or for every Batman fan.

Batman said:
My personal favorite...

Great manip! The is another manip of Liev as Two Face with Batman in the background which is awesome as well! Good stuff.....Liev is Dent would not be bad thats for sure.....! :up:

I've been around, but I'm spending less time on the Batman boards- you can only argue for so long over whether The joker should wear purple or whether Batman whould wear lenses.

chuck norris is so bad he can actually slam a revolving door.

Majik1387 said:
Joker wearing purple goes together like Batman wearing black. It has to be one. It can be subtle purple.
Or maybe a black suit with purple pinstriping and a violet tie.

that might look really good depending on how you do it...
i think the joker has to have the flower not for a gag but for the look maybe a dark orchid bloom that'd look cool...

I still think Jeffrey Donovan could make a great Dent.
attachment25wa.jpg

creegan6kg.jpg

pilot012xs.jpg

Eddie Dean said:
attachment25wa.jpg

creegan6kg.jpg

pilot012xs.jpg
yeah wasnt he mr. Sanji in Along Came a Spider...

Eddie Dean said:
attachment25wa.jpg

creegan6kg.jpg

pilot012xs.jpg
He certainly has the look, but I've set to see him act in anything, so my opinion is still pretty neutral.

Eddie Dean said:
attachment25wa.jpg

creegan6kg.jpg

pilot012xs.jpg

I saw him in Touching Evil, both the televised film and series. He was really intense when he played the role of Detective Dave Creegan, even though the series never made it to a second season. The first picture you posted reminds me more of Black Mask. But if he ever is considered for Dent, he'd make a decent candidate.

Katsuro said:
Well, a new Joker Poll was created not too long ago, to replaced the long outdated one, so I figured the same should be done for Harvey Dent, who hasn't even had an active poll in a long time. So, pick who you want to play District Attourney Harvey Dent, and later the supervillain Two-Face. If I forgot to add your favorite, choose "Other" and name them.

My choice, which should be obvious to people who have read many of my posts, is Liev Schreiber.
The thing about my ideal Harvey Dent was... he was a bit bulky... and handsome... but not a pretty boy. Hard to tell... probably Jeffrey Donovan... but he needs to bulk up... not be thin!!!

You know who would just be phenomenal, and needs just a smidge of a career boost? Russel Crowe He would OWN this part, and with all the Aussies they've been looking at for other roles, it's not a longshot . . . . he'd make a good Bullock too . . . .

No, I think Crowe is too rugged to play Dent or Two-Face.

He just doesn't seem right for it..

DV8 said:
You know who would just be phenomenal, and needs just a smidge of a career boost? Russel Crowe He would OWN this part, and with all the Aussies they've been looking at for other roles, it's not a longshot . . . . he'd make a good Bullock too . . . .

I rather have his co-star from Gladiator - Joaquin Phoenix as Harvey Dent and John Goodman as Bullock would be better.:up:

shaggyaggie457 said:
No, I think Crowe is too rugged to play Dent or Two-Face.

He just doesn't seem right for it..
He's not un-handsome, I think. Plus, he's got that rage thing down pat - watch as Two Face launches a telephone at a surprised Batman!

Still, on the whole "Guy Pearce as Two Face" rumour, I actually get to interview the guy for a magazine for his work in the upcoming "The Preposition", and you can bet I'm going to see if I can squeeze a few Christopher Nolan and Batman questions in.

AnimeJune said:
He's not un-handsome, I think. Plus, he's got that rage thing down pat - watch as Two Face launches a telephone at a surprised Batman!

Still, on the whole "Guy Pearce as Two Face" rumour, I actually get to interview the guy for a magazine for his work in the upcoming "The Preposition", and you can bet I'm going to see if I can squeeze a few Christopher Nolan and Batman questions in.

Yes I agree with Crowe not been un-handsome and good luck with the interview post here when you can.:up:

AnimeJune said:

Oh, I agree, he's handsome, he just doesn't seem so clean-cut like Harvey. He seems more of a bad-boy kind of guy, you know what I mean?

And good luck with the Pearce interview! I still think he should be Dent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"