The Dark Knight Harvey Dent/Two Face Thread

boywonder13 said:
oops I mean I know that Harvey Dent will be in the Sequel. But the question is wheter he will be from GOtham City. Of course I know...

In the original script Rachel mantions Dent to Finch that makes Dent came from Gotham then it was wipe out later in the movie, I think Dent will transfer from Chicago or New York as boss of Rachel just a thought.

YEah that is the most proable reason for him to come...

His excuse could be that he's just been practicing law elsewhere. Though we mustn't forget that District Attorney is an elected position in the US, so they can't just "bring in" Dent to replace Finch. He needs to be elected in place. Though that could perfectly have happened in the time span between BB and BB2.

I'm for making Harvey a friend of Bruce's. Maybe they could have met during Bruce's year(s) at Princeton... They could have lost touch, but now re-kindle their friendship.

Cax40 said:
I agree with alot of what you said except the part about Harvey not being a friend of Bruce's. I think Harvey should be a good friend to Bruce while having a slight distrust for Batman which would intensify and turn to hatred once Harvey becomes Two-Face. Batman would be torn between bringing Two-Face to justice and trying to save his good friend Harvey Dent. That would make for a more complex and emotionally driven story.

Dent can't have a slight distrust for Batman. In The Long Halloween (if you haven't read it I suggest you do), Batman, Gordon, and Dent make an alliance to bring down Carmine Falcone and stop the Holiday killings. The three of them all become good friends, and that's what makes Harvey's transformation painful to both Batman and Gordon.

I'm pretty sure B:TAS was the only time Harvey was ever made a friend to Bruce Wayne. In TLH, Harvey only interacts with Bruce Wayne on perhaps one occasion, and it's not a very friendly meeting either.

It wouldn't make much sense for Bruce and Harvey to be friends, since Bruce pretends to be the kind of guy Harvey Dent would dislike. And of course, he has to keep up that act, especially around a guy like Harvey, who could otherwise easily peice together that this guy is Batman.

Katsuro said:
Dent can't have a slight distrust for Batman. In The Long Halloween (if you haven't read it I suggest you do), Batman, Gordon, and Dent make an alliance to bring down Carmine Falcone and stop the Holiday killings. The three of them all become good friends, and that's what makes Harvey's transformation painful to both Batman and Gordon.

I'm pretty sure B:TAS was the only time Harvey was ever made a friend to Bruce Wayne. In TLH, Harvey only interacts with Bruce Wayne on perhaps one occasion, and it's not a very friendly meeting either.

It wouldn't make much sense for Bruce and Harvey to be friends, since Bruce pretends to be the kind of guy Harvey Dent would dislike. And of course, he has to keep up that act, especially around a guy like Harvey, who could otherwise easily peice together that this guy is Batman.

Also, it would be wierd if both Gordon and Dent knew Bruce Wayne on a personal level.

Eckhart joining 'Dark Knight' castBy Borys Kit
Feb 16, 2007
Aaron Eckhart is in final negotiations to play Harvey Dent/Two Face in "The Dark Knight," Warner Bros. Pictures' sequel to "Batman Begins."

In Batman lore, Dent is the district attorney of Gotham City and an ally of Batman. After half his face is disfigured by acid, Dent becomes the insane crime boss known as Two Face. He chooses to do good or evil by flipping a coin. Tommy Lee Jones played the character in 1995's "Batman Forever."

"Knight" sees Christopher Nolan back in the director's chair with Christian Bale reprising his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman are also returning. Heath Ledger joined the cast last summer, signing up to play the sardonic and murderous villain the Joker.

The script was written by Nolan's brother, Jonathan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. Producing are Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan.

Eckhart is riding high these days thanks to his acclaimed performance in "Thank You for Smoking," which nabbed him Golden Globe and Spirit Award nominations. He next stars opposite Catherine Zeta-Jones in "No Reservations," the U.S. remake of the 2001 German feature "Mostly Martha." The film will be released by Warners in July. He is also starring in the "Untitled Alan Ball Project," Ball's directorial debut.
Advertisement
CM8ShowAd("Middle2"); DoFSCommand_243733(command,args);

Eckhart is repped by CAA and Hirsch, Wallerstein, Hayum, Matlof & Fishman.

m
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i4fa3c1e4b8d5d3630e03029e51a47ac1

I love Miranda! you made my day!

I'm so happy Eckhart as Dent!

i never cared for Eckhart, but i think he'll make an awesome Dent! i hope he has dark hair though...

...a little trivia from imdb.com

"(Eckhart) Was Darren Aronofsky's choice for James Gordon for the doomed "Batman: Year One" project."

I'm just glad it's not Jaime Foxx.

Great news though!

THANK YOU MIRANDA!!!! :yay: Freeman is returning and Eckhart as Dent, I am so happy now!!

FREEMAN IS RETURNING, WOOHOO!!!!!!!

THANK YOU MIRANDA!!!! :yay: Freeman is returning and Eckhart as Dent, I am so happy now!!

FREEMAN IS RETURNING, WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Heh, I thought that would make people happy. I was relieved to see it myself.

"(Eckhart) Was Darren Aronofsky's choice for James Gordon for the doomed "Batman: Year One" project."

I read that. Weird, huh?

I'm just glad it's not Jaime Foxx.

I don't think he would've made a bad Dent.

Still, I'm perfectly happy with Eckhart.

I going to wait for further confirmation. Not like I'm against the Eckhart, I just don't want my hopes up too early before the facts are all in.

I going to wait for further confirmation. Not like I'm against the Eckhart, I just don't want my hopes up too early before the facts are all in.

That's fair. However, final negotiations are pretty much a done deal, aren't they? ;)

I imagine the trades will have it tomorrow - possibly with Maggie's casting as well.

That's fair. However, final negotiations are pretty much a done deal, aren't they? ;)

I imagine the trades will have it tomorrow - possibly with Maggie's casting as well.

I was gonna say, isn't it strange that Maggie isn't included in that report?

where's the Freeman returning news?

"Knight" sees Christopher Nolan back in the director's chair with Christian Bale reprising his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman are also returning."

Nice, good choice.:up:

Also, glad Freeman is coming back.

A pic of Eckhart for those that don't know what he looks like.
Z0229558.JPG

This is fantastic. Eckhart is great.

Eckhart needs to lend his chin to Bale for the duration of the shoot...haha

The best chin in Hollywood has landed a part in The Dark Knight?

awesome.

Im just waiting for Maggie..and where the hell is Cillian?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"