Has your opinion changed on this production now compared to last year?

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
When Marvel got the rights back I was happy as hell. Universal was dragging their feet. While I truly loved the first film for what it was...it did NOT come close to the appeal and potential this character has as a franchise and at the box office. I know when it seemed Eric Bana wasn't coming back at first alot of negativty was spreading across the boards. I thought he did a solid job in the role...but there's always someone better. The Hulk was too important to Marvel and Marvel studios 1st two projects (Iron Man & Hulk) were going to change the nature of the company forever. No longer just a holder of intellectual property being held hostage by other studios...now Marvel could takes charge. I also know when Louis Leterrier was announced as the director it didn't make a percentage of you feel any better. I could see from his work though that the guy has style and if given the budget, the right script/material, and the right talent around him he could give us a awesome Hulk film. I truly believed this. In fact when I first saw Danny the Dog/Unleashed I instantly thought that it had many similarities to the Hulk as a story. I really did think that but honest to God at that time I was hoping Michael Bay would do The Hulk film. In the meantime after Leterrier we saw Marvel studios was taking no prisoners in casting Iron Man. They were treating their projects like Gold. Hiring solid actors from top to bottom...yet still no news on Hulk casting. Months went by and Iron Man was practically done filming and suddenly we got a slew of news. Ed Norton, Tim Roth, Liv Tyler, and now William Hurt to top it off. I'm sure there are still doubters out there but probably 90% of them are gone. Now the revised Synopsis is making me even more excited. C'mon guys we're gonna see Hulk and Abomination battle it out in New York. Are you F'n kidding me?!!?!?!?!?!?

If you liked the first film we have the original film from Ang Lee in our DVD Players to enjoy whenever we want. Now we're gonna have a different take, a different point of view...a different Hulk film. That's a good thing.

Anyways...has your opinion changed over the last 12 months about this project???

I am pumped. it should just turn 2008 already. :woot:

My opinion Can't change, because I've been full tilt, gung ho ever since it was annouced that it was an all new cast & crew! I think you put it perfectly by saying the first film being good work in it own way, but I already know this new reboot will be a complete turn up! I can already feel the Hulks footsteps shaking the earth from beyond the horizon!

^ I've been extremely optimistic from the start but no way your opinion isn't higher with the cast and storyline revealed.

hell...just seeing pics of hulk anywhere is making me anxious just to get a glimpse of the one they are using in the movie........i cant wait!! :yay:

For me the best news so far has been the cast of Ed Norton as Banner.
If it was for one thing only, I'd give all my credit to The Incredible Hulk because of Norton.:heart: This guy will own the movie. (no offence to Bana, but Norton is way more interesting, appealing...etc)

All the rest is well, betwen very good and worrying.
Here's a quick list

:heart: I'm thrilled about:
- Norton as Banner
- Possible look of Hulk from teaser poster (Close enough to Blur design, see here http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=11948621&postcount=113)
- Action Fest Leterrier Style (NYC, Abomination, Ross and the Army)
- Solid cast (Roth, Hurt, Tyler for the main ones)
- Seeing the Hulk again on screen, with a priject helmed by Marvel themsleves.
- Possible tie-in with other marvel movies (ironman, Avengers down the line), which kinda suggest that they wouldn't ruin apossible milk cow character (Wishful thinking :)

:dry: I'm Scared about:
- No news at all about filming.. has it started yet?
- Action Fest Leterrier Style (NYC, Abomination, Ross and the Army). Let me explain. As much as I want a lots of smashing and feats of strenght for the HUlk and Abo, I'd like the movie to go further than "Hulk Ultimate Destruction" on the big screen. A movie ain't just about how much you can put in FX, but solid story, characters, etc...
I wouldn't blame LL for his previsou movie, as the style was his, the story was Besson and co, which is usually crap fest to appeal the the youngz
Appart from transporter, has anyone an idea about unleashed (Danny the dog)... Is the story ok, not just some sterotypes about redemption etc???
- It's very quite right now, what's happening?
- Will the guy at universal roll up their sleeves and help Marvel putting together some Great MArketing (and not lying to the public this time)?
- Going back to the TV series feeling as stated by Feige and PEnn... I'd like to understand what they are trying to capture exactly from the TV series, as it's far from being the smash fest we are all expecting somehow (See above;)

--> Lol, overall it seems i'm more scared than thrilled, but that' good scare.:hyper:
I mean i'm on this board everyday to get glimpse of whatever i can, and I'm so hyped for this movie (more than Ironman, by far, but because i love the character more from start) that it's sad.
I have reservation, but it's only not to be overhyped than, let down because of my high expectations...

For me the best news so far has been the cast of Ed Norton as Banner.
If it was for one thing only, I'd give all my credit to The Incredible Hulk because of Norton.:heart: This guy will own the movie. (no offence to Bana, but Norton is way more interesting, appealing...etc)

All the rest is well, betwen very good and worrying.
Here's a quick list

:heart: I'm thrilled about:
- Norton as Banner
- Possible look of Hulk from teaser poster (Close enough to Blur design, see here http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=11948621&postcount=113)
- Action Fest Leterrier Style (NYC, Abomination, Ross and the Army)
- Solid cast (Roth, Hurt, Tyler for the main ones)
- Seeing the Hulk again on screen, with a priject helmed by Marvel themsleves.
- Possible tie-in with other marvel movies (ironman, Avengers down the line), which kinda suggest that they wouldn't ruin apossible milk cow character (Wishful thinking :)

:dry: I'm Scared about:
- No news at all about filming.. has it started yet?
- Action Fest Leterrier Style (NYC, Abomination, Ross and the Army). Let me explain. As much as I want a lots of smashing and feats of strenght for the HUlk and Abo, I'd like the movie to go further than "Hulk Ultimate Destruction" on the big screen. A movie ain't just about how much you can put in FX, but solid story, characters, etc...
I wouldn't blame LL for his previsou movie, as the style was his, the story was Besson and co, which is usually crap fest to appeal the the youngz
Appart from transporter, has anyone an idea about unleashed (Danny the dog)... Is the story ok, not just some sterotypes about redemption etc???
- It's very quite right now, what's happening?
- Will the guy at universal roll up their sleeves and help Marvel putting together some Great MArketing (and not lying to the public this time)?
- Going back to the TV series feeling as stated by Feige and PEnn... I'd like to understand what they are trying to capture exactly from the TV series, as it's far from being the smash fest we are all expecting somehow (See above;)

--> Lol, overall it seems i'm more scared than thrilled, but that' good scare.:hyper:
I mean i'm on this board everyday to get glimpse of whatever i can, and I'm so hyped for this movie (more than Ironman, by far, but because i love the character more from start) that it's sad.
I have reservation, but it's only not to be overhyped than, let down because of my high expectations...
but do you think his face is gonna look that monsterish?

at first, i hate the idea of this requel and didnt like LL or Zak penn being involved in TIH, the casting has been nothing short of amazing (i've been in love with Liv ever since i saw Armageddon). I'm still not sold on the director or the writer, it doesnt help when the writer start saying s**t like "Abomination is a stupid name". Moving the shooting back doesnt help either. But i love the cast. Norton as Banner is just too good, its probably the most perfect casting in a marvel movie so far IMO, but Snipes as Blade comes very close.

my opinion hasn't changed at all and probably won't change until i see some footage, most likely some stills or a teaser trailers.

so at the moment, i'm still hesistant and probably a lil bit worried that this is going to be a mindless slug fest of a film.

EXTREMELY EXCITED! From all of the information so far I am MORE excited then the first film!

1. We know the dimensions of HULK will be correct
2. We know the cast and Norton/Banner's capacities will be impressive
3. The storyline is onspiring...!

EXTREMELY EXCITED! From all of the information so far I am MORE excited then the first film!

Well the storyline gives us good direction towards action fest, but it's rather un-original...
so far the plot is like popcorn during a flick, you enjoy it but it's not nutritious and you're still starving at the end, looking for "real" food

yeah, a clichéd story with Zak Penn writhing it is amazing :whatever: :down:

When Marvel got the rights back I was happy as hell. Universal was dragging their feet. While I truly loved the first film for what it was...it did NOT come close to the appeal and potential this character has as a franchise and at the box office. I know when it seemed Eric Bana wasn't coming back at first alot of negativty was spreading across the boards. I thought he did a solid job in the role...but there's always someone better. The Hulk was too important to Marvel and Marvel studios 1st two projects (Iron Man & Hulk) were going to change the nature of the company forever. No longer just a holder of intellectual property being held hostage by other studios...now Marvel could takes charge. I also know when Louis Leterrier was announced as the director it didn't make a percentage of you feel any better. I could see from his work though that the guy has style and if given the budget, the right script/material, and the right talent around him he could give us a awesome Hulk film. I truly believed this. In fact when I first saw Danny the Dog/Unleashed I instantly thought that it had many similarities to the Hulk as a story. I really did think that but honest to God at that time I was hoping Michael Bay would do The Hulk film. In the meantime after Leterrier we saw Marvel studios was taking no prisoners in casting Iron Man. They were treating their projects like Gold. Hiring solid actors from top to bottom...yet still no news on Hulk casting. Months went by and Iron Man was practically done filming and suddenly we got a slew of news. Ed Norton, Tim Roth, Liv Tyler, and now William Hurt to top it off. I'm sure there are still doubters out there but probably 90% of them are gone. Now the revised Synopsis is making me even more excited. C'mon guys we're gonna see Hulk and Abomination battle it out in New York. Are you F'n kidding me?!!?!?!?!?!?

If you liked the first film we have the original film from Ang Lee in our DVD Players to enjoy whenever we want. Now we're gonna have a different take, a different point of view...a different Hulk film. That's a good thing.

Anyways...has your opinion changed over the last 12 months about this project???

If I read only the bolded line above, I'm excited. Otherwise, still not enough significantly significant details to make any more of an informed decision as I could a year ago. To me, the only thing that universally stands out as being notable about the film is Ed Norton. Everything else is pure speculation. We can guess about the silhouette we've seen. We can guess about Letterier. You can like Liv Tyler or hate her (...and it's the same with the other actors). You can see the "new" synopsis as being something new or you can see it as being too cliché. It's still a complete, total crapshoot... we have no idea what we're getting, so I abstain from voting at this time.

Anyone notice the poll on the front page has IRon Man #1, and Hulk #2. Not TDK. :)

So far my opinion of this movie has improved from the dissappointment I had when I saw the Ang movie was being pretty much done away with. I now eagerly await some interesting news on the upcoming movie.

The Norton decision seems to be the best thing about the film so far. I just hope the film is as well made (technically) as Ang's.

On the other hand, simplicity may be the best approach for a Hulk movie:

a. Banner on the run.
b. Banner somewhat reluctantly saves the day as Hulk.
c. Major slugfest action scenes.

May not be alot of "meat and potatoes" in the story, but it may be exactly what a Hulk film should be. Weren't most of the Hulk comics from the golden era that way?

Hmmm, I think I maybe warming up to what this film could be....

at first, i hate the idea of this requel and didnt like LL or Zak penn being involved in TIH, the casting has been nothing short of amazing (i've been in love with Liv ever since i saw Armageddon). I'm still not sold on the director or the writer, it doesnt help when the writer start saying s**t like "Abomination is a stupid name". Moving the shooting back doesnt help either. But i love the cast. Norton as Banner is just too good, its probably the most perfect casting in a marvel movie so far IMO...

Well, thats pretty much my opinion as well. Norton was my first choice to play Banner, the guy can channel a dark side like mad.

Sava it's not that the Abomination is a stupid name...he didn't mean it that way. It's that when people see him in a live action film it would seem silly for everyone to name it the Abomination. It doesn't work in a live action film set in the real world so easy. That's why movies generally stay away from that except in Tim Burton films. I"m sure someone in the film will call him The Abomination but it's not like he's a member of a team and they all call him that.

Based soley on the casting, my opinion has skyrocketed in the lat few months. Prior to that, had no hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"