Hasbro's Power Rangers Movie Franchise.

Whenever they do Rangers again, the suits are pretty much a given to be some type of external armor at this point. However, the 2017 movie designs were boring and uninspired, especially the Zords, which looked like trash. As did Goldar, who looked like boiled melted trash.

Now this is a Goldar redesign
E8a9HaDX0AYt-qF

I still prefer the gold blob that we got in the 2017 movie.

EaQ_-nqWAAELVJb.png

Just keeping the thread updated with the latest rumour here. So the next movie will likely go straight to Netflix.

Supposedly someone from Ginny and Georgia is cast or in talks, idk.

My one wish is that they take an actor or two from Cobra Kai. Get some actual martial artist "teens" with attitude, particularly Tanner Buchanan to play Young Tommy Oliver.

Decent cast and premise. Bad directing, bad production design, and bad script.

The movie was rushed. It needed about two or more three sequences of action as well.

It started out really good with the flashback but...the teens were all drama and that doesnt work. They all didnt need to be dark and dramatic, broody the entire time. And not knowing one another....was a mistake. Along with dancing/martial arts/gymnastics being taken away from their core personalities.

After watching Season 5 of Cobra Kai, I cannot overstate how much I need this casting to happen. It would be just as amazing and seamless as John Krasinski as Reed Richards.
Tanner-Tommy.png

dcEVrQm

I think if they keep the indigenous background as part of the character then D’Pharaoh Woon-A-Tai could be a really cool choice for Tommy. He’s got presence, chops, and a martial arts background as a nice plus.

I think if they keep the indigenous background as part of the character then D’Pharaoh Woon-A-Tai could be a really cool choice for Tommy. He’s got presence, chops, and a martial arts background as a nice plus.

Who is to say they are even keeping Tommy and the classic cast/team names?

Who is to say they are even keeping Tommy and the classic cast/team names?
You can make the argument that there are many Rangers beyond the classic cast as much as you want but that classic cast is as iconic to folks as much as other superheroes to the mantles they held. To not use them is a disservice.

You can make the argument that there are many Rangers beyond the classic cast as much as you want but that classic cast is as iconic to folks as much as other superheroes to the mantles they held. To not use them is a disservice.

Yeah and they used the MMPR characters and cast for the 2017 movie, which bombed. I think that's the trap nostalgia causes.

IMHO Power Rangers is more than just the original group. I don't see why they have to be tied down to that. I don't see why that can't just do a ground-up reboot with their own characters?

Plus, it's not like the 2017 honored and was true to the original characters anyway.

I mean I dunno. Just making conversation. I’m open to other team members.

I think everyone is stuck on the nostalgia trap of the original series. What if a new show/movie takes things in a whole new direction? Brand new names and characters?

I think part of it is nostalgia but the other part is that we have nothing to go on right now. So it’s natural to default to what has come before.

But like I said, I’m open to different possibilities.

Yeah and they used the MMPR characters and cast for the 2017 movie, which bombed. I think that's the trap nostalgia causes.

IMHO Power Rangers is more than just the original group. I don't see why they have to be tied down to that. I don't see why that can't just do a ground-up reboot with their own characters?

Plus, it's not like the 2017 honored and was true to the original characters anyway.
Using the classic MMPR characters was never the issue with the 2017 movie at all. That's established fact. You could look up the old threads here about the Lionsgate movie and note down the many folks who were glad that they explicitly mentioned that the movie was using Jason and the gang after some false information came out about character names. I was there, I should remember.

And going off your logic, Spider-Man should have went straight to Miles Morales after Spider-Man 3 and/or TASM 2 or after Batman and Robin there should have been someone other than Bruce Wayne in the Batsuit. That simply doesn't work.

Nostalgia is good if done right and not by any hacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"