Hate to admit it, but the Prince songs rocked!

I hate Prince in general, so in B8 my sentiments aren't any different. "Face to Face" is a fantastic song, though. Dark, touching, disturbing, romantic in its own unique way.

How can you hate Prince, though? I mean, come on! It's Prince. The man's a genius!

Also, I kind of thought "Face to Face" was too...I dunno.

Prince is a genius but he got a little full of himself by the early nineties and his songs suffered as a result imo

Of all the people in the world I would call genius, Prince would not be on the top 1000 list.

Of all the people in the world I would call genius, Prince would not be on the top 1000 list.

He's a musical genius, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not does not change the fact that he is.

He's a musical genius, whether you choose to acknowledge it or not does not change the fact that he is.

It's not a fact, sorry. That characterization is a matter of opinion.

Everything is a matter of opinion. However Price has been acknowledged as a great musician by various members of the musical community. This includes producers, artists, and critics. I remember some years back he was on the cover of Guitar World magazine and in the next months letter colum there was some readers that raised their disgust for it. The magazine went on to defend their choice because Prince had done alot of innovative things with the guitar before many others. They also then listed some quotes from some high profile people praising Prince. I think I still have that somewhere, I should try to find it sometime.

Dont get me wrong, if you dont like someone, thats fine with me.:)

Prince is writer producer and musician and is a bona fide musical genius to the majority of the music world but music is all personal taste if you dont like him or maybe his style of music its your loss.

Everything is a matter of opinion. However Price has been acknowledged as a great musician by various members of the musical community. This includes producers, artists, and critics. I remember some years back he was on the cover of Guitar World magazine and in the next months letter colum there was some readers that raised their disgust for it. The magazine went on to defend their choice because Prince had done alot of innovative things with the guitar before many others. They also then listed some quotes from some high profile people praising Prince. I think I still have that somewhere, I should try to find it sometime.

Dont get me wrong, if you dont like someone, thats fine with me.:)

Exactly. I just think the word "genius" is being overused lately. Anybody who's good, very good or fantastic in what he/ she is doing is suddelny a "genius".

Prince is writer producer and musician and is a bona fide musical genius to the majority of the music world but music is all personal taste if you dont like him or maybe his style of music its your loss.

It would be my loss if I liked him. Since I don't, it's actually a win for me and my time/ money.
Saying "it's your loss" is like saying "hey, good for you that you don't listen to him, but it's an objective fact that he's great"... which is almost insulting.

Exactly. I just think the word "genius" is being overused lately. Anybody who's good, very good or fantastic in what he/ she is doing is suddelny a "genius".

I agree with this as far as current artists go. I dont see a whole lot of talent out there today, just bad copies of bad copies.lol Prince However has had a very long career and has established himself in many musical fields, so if the term genius is used for him, I dont have a problem with it.

Thing is, Madonna has pretty much done the same thing. Would you call her a genius? If you would, then fine, I see your point and understand your criteria.

I think shes a marketing genius. She has been able to redfine herslef thru the years in a way that has kept her in the spotlight. So in a difference sense of the word, I guess I would call her that.

Fair enough then. I completely disagree, but I also understand the way you see it.

Does Madonna write all of her own music and play her own instruments?

madona and prince, for the most part, suck. i think i only really likd those 2 songs for batman, and thats it. everything else ive heard, just nah. but i positivly HATE madonna.

Comparing Madonna to Prince is like comparing Ricochet Rabbit to Bugs Bunny.

Since when has the word 'genius' been overused? As far as this thread's concerned, it's just being used to describe Prince, in which case it's entirely accurate.

Prince is to music what Michael Jordan is to basketball, or Spielberg is to film. Would you not call Steven a cinematic genius or MJ a genius on the court at the peak of his career? It's universally known that these individuals are among the elite; the pinnacle of their given medium. And they're given this honor because they have done more in their creative careers and have been able to stand the test of time for better or worse then anyone else.

Prince is a brilliant musician who has entertained audiences and inspired young artists for decades. The man has been through so much and yet he never EVER fell pray to the same s**t so many artists do. Prince is a genius and a legend because he's one of the few well known artists today that is only concerned with his MUSIC. It's not a business to him, I'm sure he understands the business side of things for the industry, but he's not passionate about doing business or getting endorsement deals or that much more money...he's passionate about making music. Its just that much cooler that he could bring his music to 'Batman' back in 1989.

Gianakin and GoogleMe94, you have your opinions about Prince and I'm not saying you have to ever change them...you two just have to cope with the fact that your opinions about Prince are flat out wrong and hold no value whatsoever.

CFE

Prince did get too full of himself near the end of the eighties though all that symbol nonsense, wearing a loincloth over his head and doing interviews through a intermediary was stupid arrogant celebrity bull he is still regarded as a genius but i dont think he ever recovered his knack for a catchy song after that.

Prince did get too full of himself near the end of the eighties though all that symbol nonsense, wearing a loincloth over his head and doing interviews through a intermediary was stupid arrogant celebrity bull he is still regarded as a genius but i dont think he ever recovered his knack for a catchy song after that.

Ummm...I think that had to do with his record company, they owned his name and everything...so he changed his name to a symbol, wrote slave on his cheek, and wouldn't do anything to benefit them, interviews etc...

Gianakin and GoogleMe94, you have your opinions about Prince and I'm not saying you have to ever change them...you two just have to cope with the fact that your opinions about Prince are flat out wrong and hold no value whatsoever.

You're usually an open-minded person. What the hell happened to you?

I am open-minded. That's why I'm not going around telling you to change your opinion. I'm just saying you gotta deal with having the wrong opinion that's all.

CFE

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"