Hate to admit it, but the Prince songs rocked!

I am open-minded. That's why I'm not going around telling you to change your opinion. I'm just saying you gotta deal with having the wrong opinion that's all.

CFE

//Big edit: You know what? Nevermind. I just passed a subject I was examined for last week in my university and realized what's really important and what isn't.

Say what you want about my opinions and have a very nice day. I'd like to celebrate and not get angry over someone like Prince and his supporters or opposers.

I'm glad you realize your true priorities in life, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't make it seem like said realization makes you better than me just BC you're deciding to take it upon yourself to be the self-appointed bigger man and "put this behind you."

I'M not the one who opened a can of worms by saying Prince doesn't deserve the level of recognition he recieves when the world by in large says he does.

But whatever...all I was saying was that your opinion about Prince was wrong. I wasn't trying to start an arguement, I was just making a statement. Everyone's entitled to opinion, but there are a handful of exceptions where there is such a thing as having the right or wrong opinion...this happens to be one of them.

But again, I wasn't trying to fight with you...AT ALL...so congrats on passing your course and I'm sure we'll meet up in another thread under better circumstances.

CFE

Just to be completely clear: I wasn't being ironic when I said have a nice day.

I had posted some arguments because I still dont believe this is a right/wrong situation, since we're talking about an artist, and art to me will always be subjective. And the way you called my opinion wrong while talking about art (and thus personal, subjective tastes and opinions) made me extremely angry.

You'll agree that levels of recognition do not equal quality all the time. And that, is also subjective. That's what I was saying. You thought it was a matter of right/wrong, I thought it was of opinion.

But the moment I passed my subject, I truly didn't care. I didn't appoint myself a bigger man and threw a big "whatever" on this argument, I truly stopped being angry at you.

good for you...

CFE

And Partyman is hot ****ing Garbage lol. Especially when you hear the full LP version.

Prince was better than that during that era and thankfully he did put out a few decent LPs afterwards. But the 80s was Prince's swag peak and the Batman soundtrack stood out badly in his catalogue

*salutes Pegg and Frost for throwing the Batman Soundtrack vinyl at the zombies in Shaun of the Dead*

Purple Rain>>> that

I think Batman Forever had the best soundtrack out of the Batfilms.
Batman Forever had Seal's Kiss From A Rose and That U2's Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me which had a really cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE3X79WbtEE

I actully like Prince but Batman was not one of his better efforts.

I think Batman Forever had the best soundtrack out of the Batfilms.
Batman Forever had Seal's Kiss From A Rose and That U2's Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me which had a really cool video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE3X79WbtEE

I actully like Prince but Batman was not one of his better efforts.

Co-Sign, The Batman Forever Soundtrack was decent but I actually think Method Man's Riddler and Michael Hutchene's Passenger were best songs on the album. Even more than the monster U2 and Seal singles.

im not a Prince fan. lets get out of the way. ok, so i just went on itunes and i couldnt help it, i bought the songs Partyman and Trust, and i cant stop listening to them!! they fit Joker so well, i feel like joker just listening to them, lol. those songs really fit his crazy pop-induced character well.

WHY ARE YOU ASHAMED?!:csad::huh: It's Prince. You did the right thing :applaud

Batman Forever may be one of the greatest soundtracks ever conceived. Prince's Batman soundtrack isn't far behind either. i can listen for them nonstop damn so great, you can hit play on track 1 and let them run through a million times. When I first bought the Prince Batman soundtrack it didn't leave my car CD player for about 3 months...no joke.:woot:

I actually like Prince's songs based on the movie and Batdance has to be my favourite.

Has anyone ever heard 200 Balloons? It was one of the songs that didn't make the final album, but it's on Prince's "The Hits B-Sides" CD.

Co-Sign, The Batman Forever Soundtrack was decent but I actually think Method Man's Riddler and Michael Hutchene's Passenger were best songs on the album. Even more than the monster U2 and Seal singles.

Ugh I hate that song and while I'm not a hardcore INXS fans I do own their greatest hits and dig a lot of their songs. It was a complete disgrace to the Stooges' original. R.I.P. to the guy though.

Now in comparison to other Prince albums I would say this album falls short of delivering but in comparison to most other soundtracks it's easily one of the better ones. A lot of the songs do match the themes in that movie and it's still unapologetically Prince musically. How anybody could hate on Partyman I'll never understand the musicianship in that song is funky as hell which is what the main was all about during the 80's.

I hate Prince in general, so in B8 my sentiments aren't any different. "Face to Face" is a fantastic song, though. Dark, touching, disturbing, romantic in its own unique way.

those who hate prince have got no taste in music and are probably soulja boy fans.

enough said.

those who hate prince have got no taste in music and are probably soulja boy fans.

enough said.

Those who state their opinion as fact and try to force it on others should reconsider doing so as soon as they can.

enough said.

Those who state their opinion as fact and try to force it on others should reconsider doing so as soon as they can.

enough said.

those who try to be smart asses such as yourself are often those without the knowledge to understand the facts.

please get an education.

enough said.:oldrazz:

those who try to be smart asses such as yourself are often those without the knowledge to understand the facts.

please get an education.

enough said.:oldrazz:

Well, good job. The people who need education are the ones who can't understand that art and taste are subjective. Skill may not be subjective, but taste is.

Dream Theater play their asses off and they're all music masters, skill-wise. However, I prefer, say, Pearl Jam, who are inferior (skill-wise), because my ear and taste gets more pleasure from them.

I, of course, am expecting a "no, you suck" type of.... argument(?) from you.

Prince, da funky music in da funky Batman filmz with a Danzing Jokorz.

im not a Prince fan. lets get out of the way. ok, so i just went on itunes and i couldnt help it, i bought the songs Partyman and Trust, and i cant stop listening to them!! they fit Joker so well, i feel like joker just listening to them, lol. those songs really fit his crazy pop-induced character well.

Same here, I'm not a fan of Prince (I do like some of his stuff) and I really don't mind the songs in Batman. At one point, I did think they were out of place, but it kind of fits with this version of the Joker.

My favourite is 'Trust' followed by 'Partyman'. I haven't really listened to the other songs yet.

For the best soundtracks, though, The Crow and Tank Girl are pretty good (as in for comic book movies).

Purple Rain is one of the best albums of all time...

Same here, I'm not a fan of Prince (I do like some of his stuff) and I really don't mind the songs in Batman. At one point, I did think they were out of place, but it kind of fits with this version of the Joker.

My favourite is 'Trust' followed by 'Partyman'. I haven't really listened to the other songs yet.

For the best soundtracks, though, The Crow and Tank Girl are pretty good (as in for comic book movies).

The Crow soundtrack is really good. Frankly, my favorite track is the Rollins Band doing "Ghost Rider." Though I am still boggled as to why Ghost Rider is on the soundtrack for The Crow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"